• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

It's not very often that I have free time on my hands where I can just cruise through a bunch of threads on the boards. Being that tonight was a Friday night and my husband was stuck at work, I was doing just about everything I could to avoid my homework. So I spent most of the evening reading through a lot of threads.

One thing really jumped out at me here on the Real Life board. Many of the threads have a lot of chit chat in them or just idle banter. I know that type of thing is a ton of fun but it can also get very annoying. For one thing, it really clogs up the thread. People have to read through pages of one liners that do not pertain to the topic to even find one small shred of information on the topic. This is frustrating. Also, the chit chat can cause new members to feel like outsiders, like they are missing out on a private joke. Some of the one liners that I saw were just inappropriate or out of line.

I am not saying that the chit chat needs to stop. I am just asking that you put it in it's proper place. GV has a great chat room as well as the capability to send email and private messages. These tools are a much better place for chit chat and the best thing is that with many of them, you can keep it private and not let the whole world know what is going on. Jeff worked really hard to make sure that GV had these tools and that members could use them. So take advantage of them.

With that said, I am going to put my soapbox back in the closet and go back to my cave!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users