Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Talking Boards - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Dear Ghostvillagers,
Thank you for all of the support you’ve shown this past month. It’s been a hard road for me personally since Newtown, but going there for the holidays, walking around my hometown again, connecting with old friends, and talking to people helped me on the road to healing. There was a week or so where I found myself asking what was I doing with my life? How could I go back to the paranormal? How could I do anything else but try to help this situation? I’ve said before that I can’t change the world, but I can change myself.

As I’ve been crawling out of this dark place, I realize I’m still a paranormal guy. I still wonder about the big questions. That will never change. But I can always do more to help others. And I can be accountable for the things I do and say. It’s a start. The road is long. But I’m committed to staying on it.

For this month’s theme, I picked Talking Boards, better known by the brand name Ouija Boards, because I wanted to go back to the beginning of my own paranormal journey. Back to when I was ten years old at a sleepover in a haunted home in Newtown, and exploring the ghostly realm with a Planchette and lettered board. Even then I wasn’t completely sure if I was communicating with some deeper part of myself, with some deeper part of the person using the board with me, or something “out there.”

Over the years I’ve watched some people in the paranormal community vilify and attack the Ouija Board. “It’s a doorway, and you don’t know who or what is on the other side,” are the arguments I’ve heard. That may be true. But couldn’t the same be said for using EMF meters to attempt spirit communication? Or conducting an EVP session? Or asking for a knock on the wall of some haunted building? We just don’t know what’s out there.

But not knowing is the reason I explore the unknown. I want to know. I accept the perils and pitfalls because I feel like I’ve grown as a person because of it. And it all started on a dark and stormy night long ago, using a Ouija board with friends at a sleepover. I wouldn’t trade this path for anything in the world. Thanks for being on the journey with me.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 empathmedium

empathmedium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thank you for starting this topic, over the past few monthes I've been trying to raise awareness as to the dangers of playing with the Ouija Board. A lot of people think this is a harmless board game and yet when things start to happen to them around the house they have no idea what caused it. I keep saying to people if you really need to use one make sure you have the right guidence & protection. So I've even made a couple of videos explaining the true nature of the Ouija Board for Adults & Children. Plus I've come across a few videos on YouTube of young people using the board and their comments are not surprising as to how they react & respond. There was a couple of young people that played around with a Ouija Board over a year ago and they are now starting to be tormented by "Demons" so they emailed me to see if I could help for I told them that I'm a medium. If you wish to email me please feel free to do so; empathic@bwieland.com

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

i don't have any problem with someone using a board, aside from it not working! They are simply a hunk of wood and plastic, nothing more. It's the power that the user ascribes to them that becomes the issue. In that manner a board is no more dangerous than anything else, be it a crystal, a talisman, or even sage used for cleansing. Inanimate objects are simply objects. Without the belief factor iof the user they are worthless.

Regarding the comparison between the Ouija Board and an EVP session there is one difference. Assuming the person involved believes each is capable of what is claimed the difference is that an EVP session is passive. The investigator asks questions and any response that may come in does so through an inanimate object, i.e. an amplifier and recorder. One simply observes in the third person. But the board requires an active participant. The response claimed is through direct action of the participants. The danger is the same as those who claim to channel or otherwise invite direct contact. So the comparison should be between channelers, etc. and the board, not between those who simply observe effects.

All this does not mean I agree the boards even work. That I still question. To convince me of their effectiveness I want to see a Ouija board session where the the planchette moves on its own; no human touch. Now when I can witness such a session, which rules out the auto motor response factor, then we may have something. Otherwise the board is simply a party game, fun to play with, but useless as a research tool.

#4 empathmedium

empathmedium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I agree that there are many different communication tools that are used for seances, ghost hunters & investigators. But if a person that really doesn't understand how such tools work and they try to make contact with a spirit entity there is no way of knowing if that entity is good or bad. But yes there will always be open debait as to what tool works and what tool doesn't.

#5 DougA

DougA

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

My mother warned me as a child not to talk with strangers. This warning continues to guide me especially in dealing with the "Unknown".
Concerning the Ouija board.
Rosemary Ellen Guiley has taught us that is is not the board that causes all the trouble, but the people who use it. The board can be a focal point for intention, good or bad. If it is our intention to contact the otherside and we concentrate our energies on that goal, nothing is impossible. But when opening a path of communication how wide does it open and what else can pass back and forth? No one knows for sure, but if something is opened we must also be able to close it. One reason why it works for some is that everyone of us has psychic abilities,( some a little, some alot, many are unaware). The people at a higher (unknown) level of Psi are able to open communication through Ouija more easily than others. There are also theories that the level of belief of the user also directly correlates with making successful connections. Connections with what or who is the question. Unfortunately of us seem to want to believe so badly that they will take the slightest evidence as proof they have contacted "uncle joe" and that makes us easy marks for any spirit to connect.. Is it possible to make sure who it is ? No! This is the time to be a real skeptic as with any method of direct communication. good con man will tell yoy what you want to hear everytime. I also have doubts about "spirit guides" and confirming they are who they say they are, nor feel that having a "spirit guide "is essential to establish communications Putting that amount of trust into something unseen is asking for problems.
As for EVP, It is possibially the safest form of communication with the unknown unless the investigator is also listening in real time. Recording now and listening later not only gives us the chance to analyse what was verbalized but protects us from entrapment. Learn what you can and base questions to be asked at a later vigil.

In short, What ever equipment or technique you use, be sure to research what it does, and how it works before using it. Be aware of all possible dangers, how to avoid them, and what to do if you become victim to something unseen.
PortCityParanormal

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have had a couple of things happen when using them so I don't allow them in me home.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#7 blackraven

blackraven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hmm lets see. I love reading and studying on the paranormal. As far as everyday life I love fishing, I do alot of reading. And I enjoy taking care of my two dogs.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

We are currently working on making one of our own. If you work with your tools in the proper manner and ask for protection you can communicate with those who have passed on without fear.
May the Lord welcome you in Heaven, atleast an hour before the Devil knows you're dead. Irish toast to the Dead

#8 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I agree with blackraven.... it's a tool. Not to be played with by children.
I don't use a board myself, but can see the usefulness in it for those who chose.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#9 empathmedium

empathmedium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

For those who have a real interest in Ouija Boards I would encourage you to do your research into the history and culture of these boards. Please send me an email for some information on Ouija Boards. empathic@bwieland.com

#10 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Just to add my 2 cents. I say don't ever use them. You never know who or what you will get on the other side. Its like picking up a telephone and just pressing a bunch of numbers, you don't know who is going to pick up on the other end. They might say they are "uncle Bob" but are they really or are they just trying to get over to this side? Thats my take on the subject. I just don't trust them.

I had a friend that was really into using this board. The last time he ever touched one...someting came out that scared the hell out of him. He felt something following all the time after that. Everything about him changed. Now...I can't say for sure the board is what changed my friend but I can't say that it wasn't either.

Edited by kats_god, 25 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

That's a very good 2 cents to add..... what's the difference if it's a board or a cake pan???

I didn't want to say more so not to sound preachy. CaveRat2 says it best. It's just a board!

It's the participants who leave the front door wide open and go to bed leaving an invitation to whatever or whoever to enter. or is it whomever? :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#12 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

What I meant to add kats_god is that the board didn't matter. It was your friend who did the inviting into their life. I agree. I stay away from that behavior also. It's foolish.

#13 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I agree Puti...it is the person using the board that leaves the doors way open. I just think the Board makes it really easy to do so.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#14 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

When I was a teenager so many years ago.. a few of my friends and I were playing around and thought it was "cool" to use a board.. We had no clue what we were doing and just kept asking for different people that have passed to come thru.. Well to this day I have a hard time talking about it the things that happened and what we seen.. All I can say is it changed my view on them and to this day will never allow nor look at another board.. I know some say it is just that a board but what we seen and heard was enough to scare me (and that is hard to do) Ill never go near one again
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users