Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Spontaneous Human Combustion

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:38 AM

:whoohoo: Well guys, we can do it all over. We can consider it done. Or we can maybe read the book and then discuss it, or...?

This is a fascinating subject, and deserves a full examination. The new book makes a new situaition, but if we don't say anything new there seems to be little point.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:42 AM

I am that one person who like to get ALL THE information around about SHC. This phenomenon has always been a intrest for me. Maybe the mysteries behind, maybe the "fear factor".

I also had another thread started here on Cold Fusion and it's possible reason for SHC. The theory of Cold Fusion itself is interesting, though I am not sure how much of Cold Fusion can happen at real time, and getting all the circumstances right.
Posted Image

#18 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:06 AM

Check this discussion --> http://www.ghostvill...uman combustion

Thanks but not really relevant. That thread, like the others, assumes that SHC is a legitimate phenomenon. With this one I was asking if the infrequency of the occurence suggests that there may not even be any such thing as SHC.

I did a little digging around the net but didn't find the sort of stuff that Markway mentions ...

People catch on fire, often with an obvious combustion point, sometimes not. They burn at temperatures so hot that glass, which usually takes temperatures of 1,000 degrees f. to melt, is melted underneath the bodies. The death room is swathed in vaporized human flesh, but there is very little, to almost no damage to the room.

... so I was kind of hoping that people would rebut me with evidence that this is a true phenomenon. I did find the QED stuff and agree that it was guff.

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

Thanks but not really relevant. That thread, like the others, assumes that SHC is a legitimate phenomenon. With this one I was asking if the infrequency of the occurence suggests that there may not even be any such thing as SHC.

You are welcome. But I don't care if it was relevant or not. My intention was to share whatever discussion we previously had. It might help, it may not.

Regarding the existence of SHC, I guess there are lot of documente cases, which perhaps the people opposing it's existence are oppurtunistically opting to close the eyes on. One theory that is still stuck with me, as the cause of SHC is Cold Fusion. As confusing as it may seem, perhaps it is more an acceptable answer to me.

and, for the evidence, I am not sure if someone can help first hand :whoohoo:
Posted Image

#20 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

:drink2: Hi all, Ruf, etc:

If I wasn't a retired person half stoned on pain pills I wouldn't even be up right now. What time is it for you? I just had a call paid to me by my dead pet dog, (15 minutes ago), so I and the two current pug dogs are pretty excited. Frankly, I came pretty close to blowing my head off when he was run over two Christmases ago, so it was good to have him stop by. Hope that he's in the room, but I cannot see him.

You can rest assured that SHC is a phenomena worth studying. Approximately 100 people a year are burned to death in Great Britain under conditions which would qualify them as SHC. It is hard to be sure though as your country has no freedom of information act as our otherwise "WONDERFUL" country has.

There are only a handful of books that have been written on the subject. "Mysterious Fires and Lights" Gaddis, (America), " Blah, Blah Blah Blah" American, (Which I first read, and am currently tracking down), " Fire from heaven" by Harrison, Michael, (American), and the best, "Spontaneous Human Combustion" by Jenny Randles, and Peter Hough.( copyrighted in 1992, and a very worthwhile and cheap read).

The phenomenon does happen. To be honest, I am lit on about 80 Mg of Methadone, and I am afraid of repeating myself.

The information is in the Randles/Hough book complete with graphs, testimony from police "brigades" and mortuarial crematoriums.

Ruf, I have never been to Britain, and some of the cant speach evades me. What are "Town centres" ( a part of London?), and "trainers" ( a piece of clothing? ).

Anyhow, the phenomenon does exist, and no satisfactory cause is currently available. :whoohoo:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#21 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

Regarding the existence of SHC, I guess there are lot of documente cases, which perhaps the people opposing it's existence are oppurtunistically opting to close the eyes on. One theory that is still stuck with me, as the cause of SHC is Cold Fusion. As confusing as it may seem, perhaps it is more an acceptable answer to me.

and, for the evidence, I am not sure if someone can help first hand :whoohoo:

Where are these documented cases? Or are you really just guessing? If you are it would seem you've decided there is such a thing as SHC having seen no evidence at all for yourself, which strikes me as being as stupid as dismissing the idea out of hand.

Cold fusion eh? Great name, great theory. So how does it explain this phenomenon you seem a bit vague about? Or do you just like the sound of it? :drink2:

#22 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:05 AM

:drink2: Hi all, Ruf, etc: 

If I wasn't a retired person half stoned on pain pills I wouldn't even be up right now.  What time is it for you?  I just had a call paid to me by my dead pet dog, (15 minutes ago), so I and the two current pug dogs are pretty excited.  Frankly, I came pretty close to blowing my head off when he was run over two Christmases ago, so it was good to have him stop by.  Hope that he's in the room, but I cannot see him.

You can rest assured that SHC is a phenomena worth studying.  Approximately 100 people a year are burned to death in Great Britain under conditions which would qualify them as SHC.  It is hard to be sure though as your country has no freedom of information act as our otherwise "WONDERFUL" country has.

There are only a handful of books that have been written on the subject.  "Mysterious Fires and Lights" Gaddis, (America), " Blah, Blah Blah Blah" American, (Which I first read, and am currently tracking down), " Fire from heaven" by Harrison, Michael, (American), and the best, "Spontaneous Human Combustion" by Jenny Randles, and Peter Hough.( copyrighted in 1992, and a very worthwhile and cheap read).

The phenomenon does happen.  To be honest, I am lit on about 80 Mg of Methadone, and I am afraid of repeating myself.

The information is in the Randles/Hough book complete with graphs, testimony from police "brigades" and mortuarial crematoriums.

Ruf, I have never been to Britain, and some of the cant speach evades me.  What are "Town centres" ( a part of London?), and  "trainers" ( a piece of clothing? ).

Anyhow, the phenomenon does exist, and no satisfactory cause is currently available. :whoohoo:

Cheers Markway. Just tried to order the book but Amazon don't seem to have it, lots of other books by Jenny Randles but not that one. I'll try the book barn at the weekend. Scratch that just found it in the new and used section for 90p so it's on its way. :clap:

It's midday here. Town centres are exactly what they sound like, the centres of towns; generally where the shops are. Trainers are sports shoes as you surmised, funny I thought we'd got that word from you guys. Still at least they didn't call them daps (south-west england) or pumps (north), that would really have thrown you. :clap:

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:48 AM

Cold fusion eh? Great name, great theory. So how does it explain this phenomenon you seem a bit vague about? Or do you just like the sound of it? :whoohoo:

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=7662
Posted Image

#24 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:53 AM

Cold fusion eh? Great name, great theory. So how does it explain this phenomenon you seem a bit vague about? Or do you just like the sound of it? :drink2:

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=7662

There's nothing in that thread apart from a link to a cold fusion website and a discussion about safety matches. :whoohoo:

#25 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:55 AM

:whoohoo: Ruf, the trainers, we would have called tennis shoes, and how can you have multiple town centres in London? Did I way misunderstand? I didn't mention, I noticed that the best book, by Randles and Hough was British, which I had planned to say. I have read most of the 19th century British lit, but the current stuff evades me. I have better luck reading 1st hand accounts of the Napoleonic wars!( Masters in History) It makes you a bore at parties and with your kids although they have occaisionally written their school schedules around my scholastic specialities. They get me turned on and I just can't stop. When I catch them laughing I go bughouse.

I thought that trainers might be underwear! Randles talks about fire brigades, (one of her main sources of information), and in the states a fire brigade was a sort of volunteer thing that went out around 1890. It took some getting used to. These SHC pictures and reports are pretty explicit and graphic. I'm GLAD trainers aren't underwear!:drink2:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#26 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:05 AM

Markway,

The book arrived today so I'll get back to you.

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

The baby who catches fire on his own
Three-month-old Rahul has been admitted at the Kilpauk medical college for a rare condition.

http://in.screen.yah...-173000572.html
Posted Image

#28 spooky joe

spooky joe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

as a former fire fighter of some 22+ years experiance - this is a hotly debated topic amoungst FF's - many dismiss it - some have seen it and it even gets a mention in the institute of fire engineers book on arson investigation - HOWEVER - like many professions - the top brass don't like cases that dont fit in a neat "box" - in the uk we have ( or had when i was in ) a legal form called an FDR1 - theis was a report of fire damage - "supposed " cause etc - and i could just imagine the reaction if SHC was ever submitted as a "supposed cause " - i could pretty much garentee a "please explain " from on high and the form returned with a few words of "advice " - + if you went to a fatal inquest at coreners court - the judge and any lawyers would have a field day with you - so knowing thats the way the world works with any thing "outside the box " - is it any wonder so few cases get reported ??

oh anf FYI - there have been cases reported since ancient times - of course put down to the work of the devil Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users