Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Haunted Street, 35th Bothell WA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

It is my hope that the development along this road has ended a lot of the weirdness that has taken place along here over the years.

South of 180th on 35th street there is a phantom jogger. As of 2000, no one would jog at night passed this area. There is tto much traffic during the day, so a lot of people run at night. BUT everyone avoided 35th between 180th and 192nd. Between 180th and about 185th runners heard someone running behind them and a number had "things" thrown at them/ Both of my sons (then in track) experienced this and then compared notes with neighbors.

From Davies road to 192nd was a really nasty stretch. A little girl disappeared, one of my sons saw a 10ft green ball of mist (while running at night again, trying a new route). He wisely refused to run through it. I took my younger son then aged 14 along with me to check it out a few nights later.

The night was VERY clear (strange for here) the moon very crisp and clear. When we approached the suspect area, it got dark. I still have trouble describing this, but it was rather like a huge plan had flown overhead and was hovering. You could see it coming. It got about 40% darker. Cloud? NO! still very clear. Big trees on one side and this nasty field and a house we all suspected of housing serial killers or worse on the other. Very strange. When we reached Davies there was what looked very like a wolf sitting under the streetlight. I am something of a woodsman, but may have been wrong. Still very weird. Could not bring ourselves to take the same route home.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#2 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for sharing Markway. What a creepy experience. What happened on this piece of land that made it so haunted?

#3 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

No idea at all. It's easy of course to imagine a latenight jogger being hit by a car. The other stuff? Just high strangeness. I don't want to sound dramatic but it might be a gateway or threshold area. It's undramatic and not so scary on paper, (certainly not as scary as the events at Steilacoom), but when you start to wonder, "What force is necessary to suck the light out of an area the size of a block" then you start to see what concerns me.

A lot of this happened right behind a house whose back was almost right up against the road. This house gave off Very bad vibes. It has since been sold but I have speculated as to what went on there.

Picture a long triangle. The intersection is at the point; Davies and 35th. The house sits on the point as well. We have (just from my knowledge): 1.) A small girl abducted and her pack found in the yard. 2.) A ball of electric green mist about 20' in diameter in back of the house on the road, and 3.) Half of the light being sucked out of the area 2 nights later. There's a field seperating the house from the next nearest homes. People were so reluctant to pass that intersection that the neighbors all encouraged the kids to cut across their field.

The Northwest is filled with this stuff. I have a close contact inside of the sheriffs dept and they are carefully covering up what appears to be a series of satanic killings in the Machias area. (10 Miles north). Several miles away is that Jinglin Johnnie spot, and down the road in the other direction is the Maltby cemetary which I haven't found yet.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:08 AM

Oh yeah, the light being sucked out....is that a common supernatural phenomena? As for this place being a portal, what would happen if you hit the 'sweet' spot. Do you get transported somewhere else? I'm totally not an expert, just curious.
Which State in the USA is this street you've mentioned?

#5 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

Sorry, did I leave the major location out? 35th is located outside of Seattle WA. The closest "city" is Mill Creek.

About the light. The loss of light I found very intimidating. I've encountered it before in a general way. For example, all "negatively charged" places "look" sort of gray and colorless. Cold. I suspect that the brain is perceiving something that it has no proper sense for and so makes do with sight.

I have rarely seen a phenomenon take up so large an area. The mechanics bother me too. For example; phonecalls from the newly dead are fairly common, but is the phone actually ringing or is the call inside of your head? I don't mean "Is it imaginary?", but rather, "Are you receiving the call directly to you and are you just using the phone motiff as a comforting mechanism?" In short, if a tape recorder was on, would it pick up the ring?

So, is something creating a physical barrier over an acre of land? Is it sucking photons out of the aether? I mean "What the Hell??!!" I appreciate that this isn't the creepiest story but the power that it represents is very creepy.

You ask about the sweet spot, and that is very on target. Just what DOES happen? Some haunted places seem to be doorways into the land of the dead. You move one spirit along and voila! another appears. But there are whole states that have way more crazy weirdness than is usual. I have absolutely no proof but I would worry that crime would increase around a portal area. I would worry about appearances of crazy stuff and I would worry about disappearances as well.

Edited by Markway, 02 March 2009 - 04:05 AM.

This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#6 macqdor

macqdor