• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 J Skellington

J Skellington

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hi fellow ghost friends-

I worked at Paramount Pictures back in the 90's and can tell you from my own experiences it is quite...haunted. Stage 19 in particular.

A friend of mine worked on the TV show “Wings” which was shot on stage 19 – also where they shot “Happy Days” the security guards always say that soundstage is very haunted by ghosts, including the little girl, Heather O’Rourke, who was in Poltergeist, and died very young. She was on happy days toward the end of the shows run.

One night I met my friend outside the soundstage. Everyone was gone for the evening, and he told me he had to go back in to get something. So he unlocked the door and turned on the main overhead lights. We went to the stage in front of the bleachers where the studio audience sat and he picked up at script from a table and said, “Okay, let’s go!” Right at that split second, the lights went out and we were in inky darkness.

All you could see the green lights from the exit signs above the doors behind the bleachers. Then we heard what sounded like laughter and someone running across the wood catwalks above us, where all the lighting was. There was absolutely no one else in that soundstage. And we were told that the little girl used to love to play on the catwalks.

The studio is on the same block (back to back) with the Hollywood Forever cemetary...makes for fun night-time strolls through the lot.

Anyone else know any other ghost sightings at my beloved studio?

J. Skellington

#2 Mercury

Mercury

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Well, I have many intrests. The Supernatural is obvious.<br /><br />Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do alot of art, and not to toot my own horn, I'm darn good at it. Its something I'm proud of.<br /><br />Antiques are another passion of mine. Be it furniture, or World War 1 era weapons and collectibles. Which leads to the last intrest I'll post.<br /><br />History. I Love history. Though I do take the most intrest in events after the American Revolution.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village. Neat story.

#3 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story, unfortunately I have never been there...would love to go though. :angry:

#4 #6.

#6.

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

I currently work at Paramount Pictures and know exactly what you're talking about.

Although skeptical myself, the stories about Stage 19 and it's 'connection" to the late Heather O’Rourke are legendary. Several other locations around the lot are purported to be haunted as well.

Stage 25

Hart bldg.

Schulberg bldg.

These I know of first hand since there have been 'incidents" that occurred during my time at the studio. A while back we were contacted by a Ghost Hunter from England. He arranged to be taken around the studio at night by the head of Guest Relations and one of our Pages. He was accompanied by a Medium who he had not previously known. Their "tour" had very mixed results.

#5 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

You guys just creeped me out with your posts ;) ! I feel bad that if that is Heather's spirit hangin' out in Studio 19 that she hasn't moved on.
Anymore Paramount Pictures stories?

#6 #6.

#6.

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

You guys just creeped me out with your posts :Spaz: ! I feel bad that if that is Heather's spirit hangin' out in Studio 19 that she hasn't moved on.
Anymore Paramount Pictures stories?

The problem with the Stage 19/Heather O'Rourke story is that Stage 19 is located right off of busy Melrose Ave. In fact, there’s a door, seldom used now for the audience to load in right on the sidewalk at Melrose.

It’s very easy to see how voices, noises and vibrations of all sorts could filter through the soundstage and be heard and mistaken for voices on the stage itself by guards or studio workers in general. As for the lights, well; Paramount is close to celebrating its 100 year anniversary and that section of the lot was originally RKO Studios. God alone knows how old the wiring is on that stage. It’d be more of a shock if the lights didn’t go out “mysteriously” from time to time.

Also, Heather's connection to this location is tenuous at best. She appeared in only a few Happy Days episodes that were filmed there. Obviously, I have no idea what logic, if any, a spirit uses but it seems odd that she would choose to haunt a location that most probably meant little to her in her lifetime. The sets she was on for Poltergeist 1 and 2, her school, her own home, a favorite relative or playmates home, all would seem to be better places for her spirit to frequent to me.

But then, what do I know about what moves a ghost? Assuming they exist at all.

#7 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

It was a Security Guard who, while on one of his routine patrols, noticed a young gentleman wandering around the "New York" area of the Paramount Back Lot. The Studio had long since closed for the day, so the Guard walked up to the man who looked to be in his late 20's and told the man he would have to leave. After doing so, the man smiled at the security guard and much to the Security Guard's shock, walked right through the wall.
What was on the other side of that wall?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
In the Security Guard's Incident Report, he gave a complete descrition of the man he had seen.
When asked by his Commanding Officer the next day if he looked like "this guy" (and the guard was handed a picture), the guard replied that it was indeed the man.
"That's impossible", said the Commander.
"Why so?"
"That's Rudolph Valentino! he died in New York City in 1926."
The Security Guard quit his job that day.

#8 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

By the way, how do you know that Heather O'Rourke ghost is there?
Who has seen or experienced it?

#9 #6.

#6.

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

It was a Security Guard who, while on one of his routine patrols, noticed a young gentleman wandering around the "New York" area of the Paramount Back Lot. The Studio had long since closed for the day, so the Guard walked up to the man who looked to be in his late 20's and told the man he would have to leave. After doing so, the man smiled at the security guard and much to the Security Guard's shock, walked right through the wall.
What was on the other side of that wall?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
In the Security Guard's Incident Report, he gave a complete descrition of the man he had seen.
When asked by his Commanding Officer the next day if he looked like "this guy" (and the guard was handed a picture), the guard replied that it was indeed the man.
"That's impossible", said the Commander.
"Why so?"
"That's Rudolph Valentino! he died in New York City in 1926."
The Security Guard quit his job that day.

I have been at Paramount for nearly 20 years, the first 5 with the Security dept. and I have never heard that story. It's possible it happened long before I arrived there and none of the current employees working in Security were around when it occured.

Still, it has the air of an Urban Legend to it. Do you have a time frame for this story? I can try and look into it.

#10 #6.

#6.

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

By the way, how do you know that Heather O'Rourke ghost is there?
Who has seen or experienced it?

That's my point, nobody knows who or what causes the strange happenings in Stage 19, assuming anything strange is going on in there to begin with.

No, to best of my knowledge, no one has every reported seeing an apparition or spirit or ghost or figure etc...

The only reason I can fathom why people connect it to poor Heather is simply because she's the only famous person that's died that can be connected to that building. Even in the spirit world it would seem that 1+1 must equal 2....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users