Getting my Evps out of the tape recorder

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

I have been asked about how to get the recordings out of the tape player and into the computer so that they can be worked with and posted in places like here in gv.

I highly recommend the use of full size cassettes as opposed to the micro cassettes. The quality is much higher and when you start listening for evp that will make a ton of difference for you.

The first thing that you will need is a way to transfer the sounds to your computer. You can go to Radio Shack, etc and buy a cable that will fit into the headphone jack of your recorder. This cable is male on both ends and also allows you to plug into either your microphone jack or your line-in jack on your computer. Once you have this cable, the next thing you will need is an audio editor. Cool Edit is wonderful but there are also many free programs out there that will do the job also. Avs AudioEditor has a free trial and is very inexpensive to purchase. I think around $25.

Learn the controls and experiment with filters and stretching until you have a cleaned up evp. It is a lot of fun and not too expensive to do. So go out and give it a try.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users