• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

I'm still very new at being able to sense anything, so I still can't really tell what's real and what I'm just imagining, so I figured I'd toss it out here to see if anyone else has had this experience...

Does anyone else feel what I can only describe as "static" when a spirit is present? It's as if the air immediately around me changes, and I don't actually feel any buzzing or vibration or tingling, and I can't *hear* anything, but that's the closest thing I can think of to describe it.

Does that make sense to anyone?

#2 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

Chestnut - I've never experienced that, but I have heard it on EVP sessions, it's quite intense. I just get queazy and lightheaded, not a good feeling at all, even when it's a "nice" Spirit. When that happens to me, it can last for hours.

What about you? How long does it last?

#3 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

Well, assuming I'm not just imagining it, it lasts as long as the spirit is present. I don't get queasy or anything, it's just the sense of static. I almost feel like I can hear the static but I really can't. It's a very hard thing to explain, unfortunately.

#4 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

You mean like the air around you is charged somehow? Can you feel this during a storm as well?

For me, I feel vibrating more than anything, but the vibration feels like it comes from within me, not on my skin. I also get a 'whoosh-whoosh' sound or ringing in my ears. It has been a long time since I have had a confirmed contact with a spirit, though.

My guess it that either all of these things happen to us, be we are only sensitive to some of them, or that we just get different pysiological effects to the same thing, or (lol) different spirits have different effects. I have only encountered a few, so I am not an experienced medium that sees them all over the place.

#5 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

That's exactly how it feels, Retro--, as if the air is supercharged. It's sort of like how it feels right before a thunderstorm, but not really. It's more buzzy somehow than storm weather.

I guess everyone senses things differently, but it's so hard to know what's real and what's just my brain making up stuff sometimes.

#6 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Well, like Cotton said to me.... stop 'thinking' about it and doubting and just let it do it's thing.

Have you had confirmed contact with a spirit when this happens, or do you just feel it and attribute it to a spirit?

The answer doesn't really tell anything, but could be the source of your doubting yourself.

#7 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Well, I *think* I'm having contact with a spirit when it happens, because I hear stuff in my head (I guess I'm mainly clairaudient rather than clairvoyant or clairsentient), but again, hard to tell what's my brain messing with me and what's actually real.

It's one particular spirit only that this happens with, rather than it happening randomly.

But because I never heard anyone else describe the sensation of buzzing/charged air, I didn't know if that was something others had experienced.

#8 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

I get tingles in my body depending on whether it is a male, female or child spirit. I feel females in my mid-back, males in my shoulders and children in my lower back. I also get a strange tingle in my head sometimes and my ears tingle or get a full feeling.

Tonight I picked up my tarot cards for the first time in months. In the moment I took them out of their protective bag and into my hands my entire body tingled from head to foot. I then did a reading for my daughter and it was right on track. She's psychic as well but we can't read for ourselves.

I only feel queazy in my stomach if something bad or negative is around. I will also feel a heaviness in my chest when there is negative energy in a space but not necessarily a spirit.

Hope that helps.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#9 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

Thanks so much, Kira -- it's just helpful to hear how others sense stuff. I don't get any tingling, just an "impression" of static or buzzing around me. But maybe this is just my "way."

#10 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Oh yes, we all sense these things in different ways. No one is right or wrong when it comes to this. We are all unique individuals. I have also found over the years that the way I perceive spirits, etc has changed as my intuition grows stronger and I trust myself more. When I was a kid, it just kind of hit me and I couldn't tell it was coming or explain how it felt whereas now I may not feel it coming, but I don't get startled when it does. Hope that makes sense.

#11 Orphic

Orphic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Personally, I get tingling sensations in the right side of my face, my spine and occasionally my fingertips when I meditate and make contact.

I have never experienced the sensations created by a spirit that is actually in the room, but I have read they can vary from tingling to cold chills to a heavy feeling in the air. Ringing in the ears sometimes occurs too. Not sure if that helped...:wow:

#12 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

I've experienced ringing in my ears my entire life, or at least for as long as I can remember. I have better than perfect hearing however I also take 4 medications on a daily basis and have heard that meds can cause that too. I was told once that ringing in the ears could be your angels or spirit guides trying to tell you something and you just have to listen to the voice in your head/gut to "hear" what they are trying to tell you. Most of the time I find it is that pesky little voice that tells you what you already know but do not want to admit to yourself.

I get tingles on my fingertips Orphic, when I pick out the right crystal for me, or like I said above when I pick up my tarot cards and it is the right time to do a reading for someone.

#13 Orphic

Orphic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

I get occasional ringing in my ears for no reason...I don't think it's tinnitus since it's so infrequent, but when I do hear it, it sounds like one of those "this is just a test" television commercials with the minute-long beep. I also have what people seem to call a "migraine aura"...basically, once in a while I will see what look like sparkles in my field of vision. I don't know if any of this weirdness is due to spirit activity or not. I've had both these things happening for a while and if they haven't killed me yet, I imagine they are not harmful.

I should ask my guide/guides if they are doing this weird sparkly ringing thing. I know I have no psychic abilities (I don't count making street lights turn off), so I'm not sure what to think. The sparkles are kind of trippy, though. :weeee:

#14 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

Orphic,

The realistic side of me says you should tell your doctor about those experiences. Ringing ears and sparklies in your vision could mean all kinds of health problems ranging from abnormal pressure on the brain, epilepsy, migraines, drug reactions, etc...

Get a doctor's opinion first, and then consider the paranormal.

#15 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

I get occasional ringing in my ears for no reason...I don't think it's tinnitus since it's so infrequent, but when I do hear it, it sounds like one of those "this is just a test" television commercials with the minute-long beep. I also have what people seem to call a "migraine aura"...basically, once in a while I will see what look like sparkles in my field of vision. I don't know if any of this weirdness is due to spirit activity or not. I've had both these things happening for a while and if they haven't killed me yet, I imagine they are not harmful.

I should ask my guide/guides if they are doing this weird sparkly ringing thing. I know I have no psychic abilities (I don't count making street lights turn off), so I'm not sure what to think. The sparkles are kind of trippy, though. :weeee:

Orphic, I have to agree with Retro--tell your doctor about this stuff. The sparkles in your field of vision could just be what they call "floaters" that are perfectly normal to get every so often, but you should get your eyes checked anyway, to make sure there's nothing funky happening with your retinas.

The ringing could be just due to your hearing the blood rushing through the vessels near your ears--a lot of people can hear that, even if they just hear it once in a while. But it's probably best to just get a checkup anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users