Phone Call

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jackie21

jackie21

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

A friend of mine received a strange phone call. It started with + and then followed wit a series of numbers that were much longer then a regular phone number. Also a phone call with all 0's was received. When you try and call it back it doesnt go threw because its not a vaild number. I have heard before that it means the dead are calling. Is that true? Thanks Jackie

#2 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

Jackie, I do absolutely believe in phone calls from the dead, having experienced it myself. I'm unfamiliar with the + or all zeroes being representative of that situation, though.

The three callls I have received did not appear on my incoming caller ID....There was no source at all.

Any one else know of the + or zeroes being indicative of paranormal activity? I did look through some data I have here at the house and couldn't find any reference to that.

Edited by Holly, 09 September 2006 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

Well I remember before all the caller ID stuff, when I was a Youngster, We had a Beach house, and everynight at 9:30 we would get a Call but instead of the rings being normal there was three fast like

A ussual ring goes. Ring.............Ring.............Ring
This went. RINGRINGRING...........RINGRINGRING.......ETC

When we picked up you heard the sounds of like World War in the phone, Much similar to what My mom heard in my Baby Monitor at my first Extremely haunted house, You can read the stories on the forum if you like.

But if you ask me, Is there such things as spirits calling from the dead, I will answer you with a Stone Cold, "Oh Hell Yeah"

#4 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

I believe in phone calls from the dead. Absolutely. I have never seen a sequence of zeros as the phone number though, that's pretty weird. Have you called the phone company and asked them what it could mean?
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#5 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:27 AM

Well a Sequence of Zeros isnt a Ghost number, It is some weird company overseas, They call me sometime and are like 000-000-0000
And you cant redial it but they can call.

#6 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:20 AM

i got the 000000 on my cell phone, it was some recording. Although i do believe in calls from the other side. Just never answer the 666 ones, unless of course your into that! My best advice. ~Hlee
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,351 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

A friend of mine received a strange phone call. It started with + and then followed wit a series of numbers that were much longer then a regular phone number. Also a phone call with all 0's was received. When you try and call it back it doesnt go threw because its not a vaild number. I have heard before that it means the dead are calling. Is that true? Thanks Jackie

:weeee: It only means that it is only an outbound number which is used for telemarketting or customer outbound services. When we try calling back, it wont connect, the incoming calls are not available on those number! It would mostly be a software that can dial the numbers from a file, but cannot accept the calls.

Edited by MoonChild, 07 September 2006 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

#8 shatzi

shatzi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

I know on my cell phone, if there is a + before the number, it means an overseas call.

#9 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

Yeah you might just be getting a TeleMarketer, I think the newer business' that telemarket go buy Number of calls that they make, so they can make a call just not finish a sale all the time.
All you have to do is leave a stupid Answering Machine message and they stop calling,

Mine is me speaking in a Afgan voice saying you reached my number, and then I cannot come to the phone right now, I am out riding my camel Raheem, Thank you call Again.

Now 90% of telemarketers dont call me no more, Yay me!!!

#10 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

Yeah you might just be getting a TeleMarketer, I think the newer business' that telemarket go buy Number of calls that they make, so they can make a call just not finish a sale all the time.
All you have to do is leave a stupid Answering Machine message and they stop calling,

Mine is me speaking in a Afgan voice saying you reached my number, and then I cannot come to the phone right now, I am out riding my camel Raheem, Thank you call Again.

Now 90% of telemarketers dont call me no more, Yay me!!!

Love that, Redneck :hug: :clap:

#11 hurricane holly

hurricane holly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter, paranormal stuff (duh!), reading, watching cartoons, cooking, culturalizing myself (in other words, museums, opera, performing arts, etc), feeding a myspace addiction, googling random stuff, etc.

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

Redneck Racer, my family had a similar experience to yours, it seems... My grandmother passed away on a cruise ship. TOD was recorded as 11:10 pm. It was difficult for everyone because she had gone on the cruise with a friend, so none of the family was with her. Anyway, we started getting a phone call at 11:10 every night, and it was that weird fast ring you were talking about. Nothing but crackling dead air when you answer. This was way before everyone had caller ID, so I can't say anything about that, but we did get faint static messages on the answering machine if no one was home to pick up. The weirdest thing was that the phone calls followed us. My grandparents had a cabin, and the phone would ring there, too, when we were there for the holidays. In hotels, too, we would get the nightly call, and if we happened to be out, you bet the message light was on, with a message of static at 11:10 pm. The calls started thinning out after a couple years, and then it was only once or twice a year (birthdays, holidays, depressing days, etc). Now, it's been probably four or five years since we've had a phone call, which I think is a good thing, because we've all moved on and found peace. :clap: Anyway, I haven't talked to anyone else who has experienced a recurring phone call with that weird jingly ring, so I figured I'd share.

#12 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Thats freaky, Yeah these didnt follow me and just one day stopped, We believe it was the spirit of our house, because it only called then.

Well then there is the time my dad swore he saw a Lady in a white Gown on our property, He didnt believe in ghost, and you could tell he was freaked, Because that is what His Mom wore when she hung herself when he was a kid.

#13 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

I most definatley believe in phone calls from the dead, though I have not experienced it myself, firsthand.

I can tell you what I beleieve the + and the sequence of zeros means.

I got a phone call from my brother in law who just bought the new mac, when he called me, his number was 0000 etc. but the thing is he called me from his mac, just to see if he could do it and it worked, so if anything I think if it isn`t spiritual, it could be just a prank from someone....or someone who is actually trying to get in touch who is living lol.....

I hope that helped a bit, ust thought I would let you know what it could possibly be, BTW I did say that I do believe in phone calls from the dead? right?
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#14 jcmirada

jcmirada

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

This happend to me yesterday. I was looking for my car keys b/c I was going to go out. I was in a hurry. I knew i left them in the same place I always leave them. After 5 min of looking, I said "please give me my keys" (I was told that if you ask them to give your things back, they returne them). after I said that, I received a call that rang once but the caller id showed incoming call only.... I have caller id and in every call it showes something. when I answered nobody was on the line. this happend 6 times. after the sixth time. I turned back and my keys were in th spot i left them... this was wierd to me..

#15 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

Well Caller ID works on the second Time and there after, So with only one ring, It will say Incoming Call. On the second it will display.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users