• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:10 PM

Does anyone know anything about possession? Can anybody become possessed or do they have to be sensetive to spirits?I know most people have seen the Exorsist and it really freaks me out that a child could become possessed. :o Why would "it" chose a child? And she become possessed at her house I would think you would have to be in a cemetary or somewhere were there are spirits.  ???

#2 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:13 PM

alot of them start by new people using  Ouija boards

#3 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:16 PM

Really? I have used one before but I thought it was all a joke. That somebody was moving it. It never said anything that was true or anything that came true.

#4 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:20 PM

didn't the little girl in the exorcist get posessed by a demon by using a ouija board?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

it was a boy though in st louis but the boy i think he did use a ouija board. he did speak latain backwards too :o

#6 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

I don't know? I am going to have to go rent it and find out. The weird thing about that movie is that while it scares me (24 years old) my niece who is 4 likes to watch it.  But then again I cover her eyes on the bad parts. Which is basicly the whole movie.

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:34 PM

me too ..lol. its kinda like those id theft comercials lol

#8 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

LOL I know what you mean.

#9 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:42 PM

the part where words would pop out of skin did happen..but his head never did a 3-60  :o

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

Just remember that the Exorcist is a movie, with all of the typical Hollywood licences.  While there was a case that the movie was based on, it was far less spectacular than the movie would make it appear to be.  Here's a link on the original case.

http://www.strangema...rcistpage1.html

As for possession itself, there are many school of thoughts on it.  Here's the link to the Yahoo listing of links on Possession and Exorcism.  Mainly Christian, but a bit on Jewish and other faiths as well.

http://ca.dir.yahoo....emons/Exorcism/

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:27 PM

Just remember that the Exorcist is a movie, with all of the typical Hollywood licences.  While there was a case that the movie was based on, it was far less spectacular than the movie would make it appear to be.  Here's a link on the original case.

http://www.strangema...rcistpage1.html

As for possession itself, there are many school of thoughts on it.  Here's the link to the Yahoo listing of links on Possession and Exorcism.  Mainly Christian, but a bit on Jewish and other faiths as well.

http://ca.dir.yahoo....emons/Exorcism/

True cases of possession are quite rare and usually don't happen anything like they do in the movies.  Hollywood producers have a field day with it to sensationalize it to sell tickets.

Elle

#12 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:41 PM

thanx vampchick ;D

the movie was over done LOL

#13 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:49 PM

I'm glad things didnt really happen like they put in the movie. Can you imagin seeing someones head do a 360? I would have died of fright right there. Seeing the words pop out would have been enough for me.

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

if you go to prairieghosts.com they have alot of stuff on it

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:21 AM

Possession is possible but rare.  I've personally seen two cases and heard a first-hand account from a victim ("Steve" on my web page).  Victims may be any race, religion, or age.

In the MTC, I saw a spirit / shadow person stepping out of a roommate.  This Elder had not acted weird or given any indication of the guest.

In Brazil, a woman on her porch would alternate pleas for help with curses.  I thought she was just suffering from multiple personalities, but her sister (who happened to live next door) said the victim had only started acting this way the day before.  When we erformed the exorcism, the woman passed out.  We stayed until she revived.  From that point on she was normal.

Steve's possession presented itself in an interesting way.  He was doodling mindlessly during class when he felt something sqeezing his insides.  Unbeknownst to him, Steve drew a slender man kneeling behind a desk with its arm in a rib cage squeezing.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users