• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#16 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:18 AM

I'd have to argue that most possessions occur because of the use of a ouija board, which is quite a typical thing to assume, albeit, not entirely accurate.

I have a question.... The silly movie "Rose Red", posed a good question. Can a house be posessed by evil? I can understand why people are possessed, religiously speaking, but why would an inanimate object be posessed? Just some thoughts I've been thinkin...

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#17 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

Hrmmm....I wouldn't think that a house could be possessed...but I do think that it can be haunted by an entity, mavolent or otherwise.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#18 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

I wouldn't think a house or car (as in the movie where the car is possessed, I cant remember what it is called.)can be possessed. But if enough evil has happened in that place who knows how it effected it or what it left behind.

#19 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:28 PM

i think possessions only happen to living things. thanks aloha i'll check that site out

#20 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

I'd have to argue that most possessions occur because of the use of a ouija board, which is quite a typical thing to assume, albeit, not entirely accurate.

I have a question.... The silly movie "Rose Red", posed a good question. Can a house be posessed by evil? I can understand why people are possessed, religiously speaking, but why would an inanimate object be posessed? Just some thoughts I've been thinkin...

Ana

do you think your chances increase by useing one for the first time or in a bad location . i checked a few cases and you do have a point ;D

#21 MirkwoodMaiden

MirkwoodMaiden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:54 PM

This one freaked me out pretty bad.  :o

#22 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:07 AM

Hauntings and possessions are similar - just a question of the medium is.

Generally the term "possessed" is limited to living things (or the physical remains of living things).  The biggest exception would be the "possessed" toy (I would classify these as mere hauntings).

Both are scary and involve a spirit / ghost.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#23 dodiebird

dodiebird

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:27 PM

This one freaked me out pretty bad.  :o

Oh I know I read that one. Talk about turning on the lights while I was on the computer. ;)  I thought it was weird that as soon as she left the house she got better. Why do you think that was? Do you think the spirit could only possess her as long as she was in the house?

#24 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:09 PM

Oh I know I read that one. Talk about turning on the lights while I was on the computer. ;)  I thought it was weird that as soon as she left the house she got better. Why do you think that was? Do you think the spirit could only possess her as long as she was in the house?

I think some spirits are stronger in some places then others, like did the person die there or buried on that land the funiture and some cases the energy level of the living people in that erea

#25 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:28 PM

thanks for that link mirkwoodmaiden

#26 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:35 AM

now we're sort of getting back into the 'ghosts vs. demons' discussion, i think. granted, i'm still questioning the existence of ghosts, defined as 'spirits of the dead.' i believe in spiritual forces. i do believe in angels and demons. i just don't know if ghosts are really spirits of the dead, or a manifestation of something else. the more i learn about my own faith, the more i come to feel that walking spirits are technically feasable.

but look at me get all off-subject and stuff.

anyway, when posessions do occur, i'm thinking those are demon-caused, rather than caused by the spirit of a dead person.

man, i'm getting needlessly wordy in my old age.

#27 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:21 PM

i think in most cases its demonistic tho in one case i thought it was a spirit

sometimes its very hard to know the difference between the two

#28 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:50 PM

I had a friend who had a possessed bed. It was given an exorcism and it was fine. That is how we know it was demonic. Once the cross entered the room it would shake. Now it is normal.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#29 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

was the bed new or used ash

#30 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

The possessions I've read about have been invited by the person through some sort of portal like the ouija board.
When I was younger I would be visited by some sort of entity.It would often happen when I was very tired and relaxed, you know when you're just starting to fall into a deep sleep.At first the feeling would be nice. It would feel like someones hands where stroking my hair ,almost sensual. then it would quickly turn nasty and it would feel like a hand around my neck or a knee in my back causing pressure.I've talked to other people who have had this experience and they have all felt like they were to blame somehow .Almost as if they invited the entity to come out of curiousity.I have often wondered what it is .Did I cause it to happen? Or would it become stronger by makeing it welcome . Or is it just some sort of subconsious state of mind ?
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users