• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#16 hoppip

hoppip

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:01 AM

My father was a male witch and his aunts and greatgrandmother were witches.  I from a very early age could see spirits, ghosts,etc.  My father passed away when I was 12.  I married a christian man his family consists of many pastors.  His grandmother and grandfather were missionarys in Gabon, Africa for 42 years.  Since I have been in this family I have learned about God.  I became a christian in 1992.  From reading the bible I have been able to make my own discissions about who I am and what I believe.
    I came to this board looking for answers to what I see. I have met with my pastor before about the spirits and ghosts that I see and we have discussed it.  His conclusion is that I see these things because of my Dad and his family.  There really isnt anyone I can talk to about the things that I see in my every day life.  But I have been able to talk to some of the villagers about this and feel comfortable in doing so. I hope I have answered your question. :P

#17 Persia

Persia

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:15 AM

Oh I know it's not sarcasm. :P

well this is how i see it, I believe in God and Jesus. I believe God is the Creator and Jesus, His Son, died for our sins. So They will always be number one to me.

But I also believe that there are Goddess that help us when we ask. I've done to many spells and have asked for Their help and had it work, that you have to believe you know? They deserve the respect that God and Jesus get. From me that is.

I hope that helps!

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#18 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:20 AM

Melody: indeed, my question is answered.

I came to the board to have my own questions answered, so i sort of know where your coming from (just not to the extent... )

in any case, it seems there could be some interesting discussions. one of the reasons i was asking about other Christians on this board is that there are few of our faith, as you noted, with whom to discuss these matters (without being looked at strangely). :P

Pandora: I think I understand. When did you start doing spells and such?

#19 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:48 AM

I agree Randy, I agree.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#20 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:04 AM

what's that, Akthra: the few other Christians with whome to discuss ghosts and such? yeah. I get a lot of resistance when i try to discuss things things with most people.

You should see their faces when i bring up the possibility of life on other planets.  :-X

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:09 AM

those are ignorant people. not because they dont appreciate what we believe, but they don't even have the wisdom to ackowledge that our belief's are ours and lets live with :P

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#22 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:25 AM

*nods to Randy*

Most "christians" will look at you like you're the anti christ for having a different viewpoint than anything the priest/pastor/human teachings have ingrained in them.

It's too bad.  I think most are a bunch of zombies.  Ok, that was harsh... but really..... think a bit for yourself!

Exactly Moon, kinda goes along with my Zombie thing. heheh

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:29 AM

but is it only about Christianity?

#24 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:11 AM

No, I think it's true of all religions.  Take a religion, any religion, have them look at someone else with another religion or a conflicting view of the first person's taught religion and you get hate, fear, what  have you.  Take  an Islam person and have them view a Christian.  They see Infidel, someone that deservers to die a horrible murderous death.  A christian views an Islamic person as a person going to hell for not believing in God and Jesus, they will perish if they do not convert.  

I just shake my head in disgust.  I'm not posting anymore in this.  It's just too bitter a topic.

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:19 AM

but personally I have found that the so called pagan religions, hinduism included, does not have such a view. I dont think a Wiccan will have a bad face when someone says they are a Christian or Muslim.

#26 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:34 AM

well, it's as i posted in another topic: in order to be tolerated, you must be tolerant. i think that's part of it.

however, even in these other religions, there is a fear of different views within the framework of that religion.

i use Christianity as my examples, because that's the worldview i have, and so the frame i think in. But in Christianity for example, there are various views that, even when held by other christians, are simply looked on with a mix of misunderstanding and fear.

it is this way in most religions. Example: if one Hindu told another, "you know, this Jesus Christ guy may really have been the Son of God," his buddy would probably suggest that he is no longer a Hindu.

This is an extreme example, but I hope you see my point.

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:46 AM

i do see your point, but since we have infact a cultural difference over all, it is tough for me to really understand. Maybe because of the very nature of hinduism. am not blabbering here, sorry if anyone feels so. but the teachings and ideas that is spread here is about acceptance, not ridiculing.

#28 hoppip

hoppip

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:38 AM

Well I must say that I would like to give life experience here.  Regarding christians that is.  I myself do not like to judge anyone.  I have my own personal beliefs like when the gay issue came up on this board.  In general I have found that the worst hypocrites that I have seen are people that call themselves christians.  I am a christian I want to restate that fact. My experience in the church and to be very honest I no longer attend a church.  But I did however attend a church for many years.  My husband and I became members having to go thru a class.  The people that I believed that were suposed to support you werent there when I needed it.  Sin in Gods eyes no matter what the sin, is forgiven if you ask him to forgive you. But like most Christians the ones that I have met anyway look down upon you for Sin.  Its just something for them to talk about behind your back.  The only real person that I have met and showed me the true christian is my husbands grandfather who was a missionary.  He was the most loving and caring person I have ever met.  He showed me what a real christian is.  What God the father must be like in some way.  I have heard my husband say many times.  People are people and every one sins.  We are all human.  I understand that.  I would just rather stay at home then go to church and pretend that I am happy there when in fact I am not.  Its not because I am doubting my faith.  Its because I feel somehow not welcome there.

#29 Paul_G

Paul_G

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:58 AM

I'm not religious in the least, but I agree with you on that Melody... It irks me to no end when someone who by most standards is leading less of a 'good' life than I am, decides to moralize to me based upon the fact that they go to a church and pay lip service once a week. As far as the people who look down up you are concerned.. who knows what they do behind closed doors? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

There's no doubt that the term 'Christian' has been polluted... when I hear the term, 'Christian', the first thing that pops into my mind is the image of Jerry Falwell or Jim Bakker. And when an acquaintance tells me they are Christian, I immediatly expect that at some point they'll begin applying the pressure and leaving flyers for their church on my desk or slipping them under my door  ::P. It happens often enough that just hearing that someone is very religious makes me want to stay away from them. It's a sad state of affairs... A fair amount of Christians do a great job of driving people away from their religion when they begin trying to 'show us the way'.

I think some religions just by nature are more accepting of people who don't happen to share that belief. I'm not going to name which ones are and aren't, it would just start trouble :P. But some faiths are conversion oriented whereas others are more like, 'here's our doctrine.. if you like it then we're here. If not then go about your life in peace.' If I decided to become Jewish for example, I've heard that my first step would be to go to a Rabbi, who would try and talk me out of it. Anyway, there's no doubt that a faith that revolves around conversion is going to be less tolerant than one that doesn't.

#30 Persia

Persia

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:41 PM

Randy, i started on spells and whatnot when i was 12 years old. Up to the age of 8 i was the most religious thing you'd ever see, then i guess after a while, i just let that go and started looking for new things to do. (if that made sense) But i've incorporated the Christian faith and Wiccan faith and it suits me just fine. :P

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users