Chrstians...

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#286 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:49 PM

You can actually get a copy in the library!  My daddy has a copy.  I was raised on history, when my classmates were having fairytales read to them at bedtime, my dad was reading me Homer's Illiad.  I knew the story of Troy long before I knew about Cinderella and her stepsisters.  My problem is that I jump from time period to time period in a matter of hours.  One discovery or mention leads me on searches, and I'm not happy until I have an answer.

It's like the old saying goes, those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#287 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:10 AM

lol@ Vamp! ;D
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#288 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:19 AM

:)  I'm sure it's a serious mental illness...just nobody's proven it to be.  lol

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#289 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:47 AM

but if you know too much of history belong to the Jurassic! ;D

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#290 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:34 AM

Old things tend to crumble.  

:o :o Oh God!!!!  I'm DOOMED!!!   :o :o :o
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#291 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:35 AM

lol
Don't be a newt!

#292 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:57 PM

how can the Catholic faith be so much better than other faiths?hen they allow a person who has been married and divorced 3 times deny his children and the have a high mass roman catholic funeral and be buried in consecrated ground. I don't understand that at all.Then for this persons sister to murder her husband in cold blood never spent a day in jail and have the same type of funeral to me that is just not christian or anywhere close to it.

#293 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:25 AM

how can the Catholic faith be so much better than other faiths?hen they allow a person who has been married and divorced 3 times deny his children and the have a high mass roman catholic funeral and be buried in consecrated ground. I don't understand that at all.Then for this persons sister to murder her husband in cold blood never spent a day in jail and have the same type of funeral to me that is just not christian or anywhere close to it.

Uh, where in the heck did THAT come from?  I don't remember anyone even remotely mentioning that Catholicism was 'better' than any other religon.  Sounds to me like you'd feel the same way had your respective family memebers been Eastern Orthodox or say, Baptist.  Sorry this happened to you and that the church gave him a funeral mass after all.  I guess maybe somehow he was 'forgiven'?
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#294 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:59 AM

okay, can someone tell me how many different sects do exist in Christianity? I guess there are too many of them.

#295 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:03 PM

Hundreds of them, I'm not sure exactly plus some sects are splinter groups of other sects and then there are some groups that consider themselves to be Christian while other's don't think they are.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#296 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:13 PM

okay, can someone tell me how many different sects do exist in Christianity? I guess there are too many of them.

I dare say there are over a thousand sects and denominations which consider themselves Christian. How many of these actually are Christian is a topic for another time and place.

I can vouch there are over 100 denominations in the Restoration Movement alone (the most obscure is the Temple Lot with fewer than 300 members, while the largest is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with over 12M members on file).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#297 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,975 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Masq and Aloha, I never knew so much, but where I live I have come across major few, say around 10-12 of them. Perhaps some sects could be so localised.

#298 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:54 AM

Sorry this happened to you and that the church gave him a funeral mass after all.  I guess maybe somehow he was 'forgiven'?

Yeah, for an undisclosed sum of money..... hahaha!

:weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#299 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:58 PM

I would have loved to read ALL the responses to this..but come on..20 pages? :angry: Maybe later..anyway,I just responded on a poll w/ this topic,but I will respond here also..I am one of the rare GV Christians..YAY ME! lol I am {obviously} not one of the overzealous,believe like I believe or BURN types,I am actually open & interested in finding out ppls views on any & everything..I like to learn...I think that is the only way to actually MAKE any type of decision & say you BELIEVE in something...I mean...if you have nothing to even compare it too? I hate closemindedness in any person..any religion,it just...I can't understand it...ha but I guess THEY can't understand me either huh? :(
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#300 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

Like you, Angel, I also declare myself a Christian. But I give myself the freedom to look around the landscape of the world. I go so far as to believe that he wants me to do this - that he created me this way. I believe in my heart that it will only enhance what I already feel is true.

Blessings to all who seek.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users