Witchcraft

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:29 AM

HAHAH sorry Vamp i'm not too good w/ words ;) that and i'm at work so i type as quickly as possible and make sure it makes sense and then post it.

tkite- amen brother hehe :weeee: I am technically an alexandrian/gardenarian witch but i was a witch before i was initiated into that particualr coven, in fact i have been a witch since i was little i just never knew the title. There is no awe factor at all in our group (thank god!) :P

#122 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 29 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

This gal has a fair page..... Might want to check it out.

http://paganwiccan.a...loween.htm?nl=1
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#123 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, reading, writing, parapsychology, astrology, astronomy, art... um... I think that's it. If i can think of any more, I'll add it on later.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:57 AM

Hullo everyone ;)
If you didn't read it on the religious poll, I am a solitary Witch. The interesting and, i think, wonderful thing about witchcraft, Wicca, and Paganism is that some people can have completely different views on things such as the afterlife, patron goddesses and gods, heck, some even believe in only one god (I believe in multiple deities), and everyone sees one another as equals (Well, most of the time). Few people are told by fellow witches that their belief system is wrong and theirs is right. If only the rest of the world was more open minded!
In any event, i recall someone mentioning Silver Ravenwolf being a terrible source of information. I must say that I disagree with that, since I have several of her books and have used several rituals and techniques provided in her writings, and have found that they work wonderfully. However, as they say, what works for some may not work so well for others.
And also earlier, someone was talking about the possibility of witches summoning demons and such negative things. If there are witches who do such things (i haven't heard of any, but you never know), then they are not following the witches reed, which states:

8 words the witches reed fulfill
as it harms none, do as thou will.

which is basically much like saying Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Also (and I'll admit, there are witches who debate this, but this is just my personal beliefs), there is the threefold law. In this law, what you put out comes back to you times three. If you do something bad, it will come back to you. If you do something good (which means that it does not interfere with free will, such as using someone's full name in a love spell in an attempt to get them to like you), then something good will come back to you... times three.
as i said, these are all just my personal beliefs, and I think i'll leave it at this since I'm taking up so much space... :D

#124 Lilacgirl

Lilacgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Lots and lots...here are some of my favs.....<br>Singing (music in general) and dance, gardening, travel,<br>reading, learning and exploring the known and unknown

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:43 AM

Let me just say two things Nightangel

1. I agree with so much of what you just said! :D

2. Don't worry about taking up too much space esp. when you are on
a roll, or when you are edifying us!

#125 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

NightAngel..... Welcome to Ghost Village and post all you want :(
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#126 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, reading, writing, parapsychology, astrology, astronomy, art... um... I think that's it. If i can think of any more, I'll add it on later.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:57 AM

thankyou, lilacgirl and tkite! :D
i've only been here a few days and i think this site is awesome, and I am so happy to be a part of it.
(I know that has nothing to do with the thread topic, but I just had to say it!!)

#127 Lilacgirl

Lilacgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Lots and lots...here are some of my favs.....<br>Singing (music in general) and dance, gardening, travel,<br>reading, learning and exploring the known and unknown

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:28 AM

We're happy to have you here Nightangel! :D This sight is awesome!!
Plenty of good people to talk to here. :D

#128 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:37 AM

WELCOME NIGHTANGEL!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#129 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:21 PM

welcome nightangel, enjoy your stay and please post as much as you want ;)

#130 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:26 AM

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome! :D I will most certainly post something whenever I have a chance (which pretty well means every single night unless out internet is cut off... :) )

#131 Chrltt

Chrltt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:47 PM

What is a familiar exactly?

#132 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

*taken from Raven Grimassi's book, The Witch's Familiar*

Since ancient times, witches and magicians have worked magic with the aid of Familiars, or helpful spirits. Familiars may take the form of a beloved pet, a totem animal, or even a helpful nonphysical entity. Three types of Familiars are: physical, astral, and spiritual. Familiars can aid in protecting your home or loved ones.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#133 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:23 AM

nicely stated Willow!

#134 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

Thanks Harmony! I should note that there are some that debate a cat not being a familiar which really just puzzles me, maybe they are trying to get away from the witch=black cat stereotype. My familiar happens to be a cat and yes, she is black ;)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#135 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Harmony! I should note that there are some that debate a cat not being a familiar which really just puzzles me, maybe they are trying to get away from the witch=black cat stereotype. My familiar happens to be a cat and yes, she is black :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine used to be a cat too! He was a tiger cat and his name was also Tiger, I grew up with him when I was little (5 yrs) and then my family moved away. I was 12 or 13 when I heard my cat meowing at the door, I opened up the door to see Tiger standing there instead!! Apparently the owners had moved in down the street and Tiger had smelled me! From that day on he was at my side all the time, he even waited for me to say good bye before he passed away. I still miss him but I now have another cat who is my familiar and she does the same things that Tiger used to do. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users