Ptah Blessed Me!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#106 blkhmster

blkhmster

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

I didn't mean to turn this into a Satanism-bashing thread.

I do separate different religions. Most are different enough that it makes no difference to me. I admittedly am a bit hard on groups that broke off from my own Church (such as the RLDS and FLDS who still use the nicname "Mormon" despite being so different).

I am a bit ignorant about Satanism, but feel ackward having someone worship the arch-enemy of my deity.

I have no problem with people of other religions, but avoid religious debates with the groups mentioned above.

they refer to themselves a mormons because they are holding true to the original mormon doctrine, not the revised doctrine :)

#107 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

Just me! But hey, Rock music aint got nothing to do with Satan, neither does sign of the horns!!!!!!

The first rock band that I recall being thought of as satanic was Black Sabbath (Named for an old Horror movie). The lyrics of their songs were actually critical of war and not Satanic in nature.

The hand folded with only the index and "pinky" fingers extended is a symbol for I Love You. This is especially true in Island countries such as Samoa. In most case the symbol is the "Hand of Glory" and is used to ward off the evil eye.

There are actually a number of meanings for the two fingered salute, none of which are Satanic. In fact, one meaning of the symbol is as a ward against the "evil eye".

As far as Sabbath (one of my all time faves) they did write a few songs about the cloven hooved one. Their signature tune, of course, and 'N.I.B', both from their debut album, are probably the best known.

There were also a couple of overtly Satanic bands that predated Sabbath. One, Coven, used to perform a black mass on stage. They scored a hit towards the end of their career with the song "One Tin Soldier". The other early Satanic band was called Black Widow. Neither band is anywhere near as hard rocking as Sabbath, though.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#108 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." Albert Camus

My feelings exactly!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#109 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

:angry:

I saw something back in Dark Moon's post that I absolutely MUST interject. It's about Satan's wife Lilith. Lilith is a Jewish creation. She was Adam's first wife before Eve. They were created equal in the eyes of the Lord God. Because of this, during intercourse Lilith insisted on being on 'top'. Adam got all bent out of shape and went complaining to God. After much whining from Adam who wanted to be 'top' dog (so to speak!) God banished Lilith. She became a 'spirit' who preyed upon the erotic dreams of men. BTW, Dark Moon, hate to break it to you, but Satan is a Jewish concept. There have always been a dark side to all belief systems but SATAN is a Jewish concept. Go figure.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#110 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

Here's an interesting link from the Jewish Encyclopedia that explains what a satan is and how the Christian concept of Satan came out of that.

http://www.jewishenc...id=270&letter=S

And since Dark Moon has changed this topic from "Satan Blessed Me" to "Ptah Blessed Me", here's some links to the Egyptian God Ptah.

http://members.aol.c...ptart/ptah.html

http://www.philae.nu...reatorMyth.html

http://www.dermon.com/Ptah.htm

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#111 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

Dark Moon said:

We are not 'Satanists'. 'Satan' is the word used by the Jews to mean 'adversary'. We don't care about the Hebrew. We don't take kindly to the use of this name for The Creator, Ptah.

Then in the next paragraph he says:

I have begun meditating to be enroute to spiritual advancement so I can be an adept at magic and develop superhuman abilities like telekinesis that Satanists are able to develop when they work on their power.

I thought you didn't use the word satan? Then you are using it yourself, describing yourself in the next paragraph. I think you are a very mixed up person!

:Wall:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#112 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

I think you are a very mixed up person!

I think so too. First it's Satan, then Ptah, what's next?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#113 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

Devil
Beelzebub
Belial
Antichrist
Lucifer
The Beast

I'm also alittle confused by your sudden switch of names, in alot of the articles I have read by Satanist themselves, they refer to Ptah as being Satan*which totally confuses me all together* So if Satan is Ptah...why the reluctance to be called a Satanist?!

Satan is the Sumerian God known as "EA" or "ENKI." He is a GOD, not an angel! He has been denigrated and slandered through the centuries with falsehoods and lies. Most people do not know Satan. They believe everything they are told about him without question. Fear is a powerful tool that has been used for centuries to keep humanity away from Satan.

Satan is the most brilliant of the Gods. He also ruled Egypt under the name "PTAH." "ENKI" means Lord/Ruler of the Earth. He is symbolized by the Water Bearer of the sign of Aquarius, the 11th sign of the Zodiac. Aquarius is the sign of humanity, technology and genius. One of Satan's numbers is 11.

http://www.angelfire...RADITIONAL.html

One example of the articles i've read by Satanists
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#114 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

See, I simply cannot buy into Ptah, an ancient Egyptian God that frankly, has next to nothing to do with the Christian/Jewish/Islamic concept of Satan, being Satan.

Especially after reading several different articles about Ptah, the creator God of Memphis.

It just don't jive with me. Two TOTALLY different dieties, two TOTALLY different functions.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users