My nightmares

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

Sometimes I have such bad nightmares that I awaken and the awful, fearful feeling is still with me. There is no theme to these dreams but the feeling is very real. I can feel an overwhelming entity still in the room after those dreams, and I have to work hard not to let the feeling continue once I'm conscious.

A nightmare I get when I'm sick is where I'm trying to fold something up small and as I fold it more and more, it gets bigger and bigger. As it gets bigger I get a queasy, anxious feeling. I try not to think about it, because I can become queasy.

One childhood nightmare that has always stuck with me was where I was in a really weird, Dali-type house on fire and I was trying to get out. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked horrified and panicked, like in Edvard Munch's painting 'The Scream'. What I looked like in the mirror has always stuck with me.

I also had, and still have now and then, bad dreams about the basement of a house I lived in. I always felt like I was being watched when I was in that basement, or even looking into it from the top of the stairs. I never felt afraid, just uncomfortable. Sometimes it's swamp in the dream, sometimes a dark place.

Ditto my grandmother's house, which always seemed to be a safe place for me when I was a child and being moving around alot. At night to this day, though, I dream that it's dark outside and people are watching in, where I am alone. It's very disconcerting and I don't have an explanation for it.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

I half-know how you feel. Up until I was seven I had horrible, vivid nightmares that I only recently discovered were the deaths of real people. It terrified me when I was younger, at the end of each dream I would die. I was afraid to go to sleep.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:20 AM

I half-know how you feel. Up until I was seven I had horrible, vivid nightmares that I only recently discovered were the deaths of real people. It terrified me when I was younger, at the end of each dream I would die. I was afraid to go to sleep.

I've never had any dreams fortelling the future. I have 'wishful thinking' dreams of what I'd like to happen.

I did see my grandfather in a dream after he'd passed on. I was missing him terribly for a few days in a row, and he appeared to me at a distance in a crowded, picnicky place. He was in his wheelchair still, but he looked really happy. I think he was at a 'family reunion', although I didn't recognize anyone else at the event. It was nice to have a sign from him that he was thinking of me.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 briceshephard

briceshephard

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:55 AM

Really terrible after awaken from sleep.but most of time i forgotten what i saw.

#5 DkPhoenix

DkPhoenix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

"Sometimes I have such bad nightmares that I awaken and the awful, fearful feeling is still with me. There is no theme to these dreams but the feeling is very real. I can feel an overwhelming entity still in the room after those dreams, and I have to work hard not to let the feeling continue once I'm conscious."

Hello Carlotta! I am new to this site and totally understand your statement above.
Let's just make this long story short....eh!?!?! I have always been aware of my abilities and the first CLEAR sign I had was the morning of my father's funeral when I was in a gaze out my bedroom window prior to us all leaving the house to find HIS voice call my name from behind me. Turning to look, nothing was there. Then, upon my entering this 'zone' state, he called my name a second time, again, no one there. And then a third. This was a clear and underlying point for me from that moment on throughout my life. Let's just say that we have already had a small group of 2 come to investigate our home/property. The first night was really active and they caught much evidence. The second time was not so active but happenings did still occur. Last I knew, they were still analyzing all the data/evidence to compile an audio cd for us. However, their third, and FINAL, visit, they did NOTHING and this thing has gotten worse. We are attacked in our sleep and it/they NEVER show themselves/itself full bodied eye-to-eye to me; it/they usually wait til I am asleep then appear to Kevin.

I can say that I have woken with scratches deeper than we originally thought and deep enough to leave scars and stumbled upon this the same EARLY morning we both WOKE UP. AnnaBelle, our boxer mix, stormed off the bed in attack mode chasing something up the hallway in the dark about 2:20 AM leaving Kevin too scared to fall back asleep. Upon my waking with the nightmare, I looked at the clock and it was 3:37 AM then. He was still awake and asked me what was wrong and I immediately sat up on the edge of the bed and said I just had one of the most sickest, twisted, and demented dreams EVER! I am a native american and usually DO NOT dream, or remember if I do. By the time Kevin turned to speak to me again, I had already grabbed my shorts, thrown them on, gotten a cigarette from the kitchen counter, and was outside sitting in the dark on our back deck trying to calm down. All the trailer was a HOT SPOT and I mean HOT AS HELL. I couldn't breathe. We have central air and 2 fans blowing directly on us, and a ceiling fan we have yet to turn on and shouldn't have to just for the middle of the night.

In my nightmare, it was so vividly real that I could see my mother's side of my family there in a room. We all were sitting around and my Uncle Joe <a cop in Arkansas> turned to hold me down in the chair while the rest approached me with knives and saws. My Aunt Robin approached me and I called out MOMMA as she left the room with my stepfather. She then attempted to cut my tongue out and instead I had to settle for the feeling the burning from the slice across my upper lip. THIS is the moment I woke up. Kevin approached me outside, we talked about 20 mins then returned back into the trailer where he began watching TV and I got on the computer researching. Soon as I sat in the computer chair is when I felt this excruciating BURNING PAIN just inside my right ankle. This is when we found the 3 claw marks.... Let me see if I can try to include a saved pic....
I don't see a way for me to include one...perhaps still under probation period for newbie.... At any rate. . .
I hope that you are at terms with your dreams now and are able to make more sense of them...
Blessed Be.

DkPhoenix

#6 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

"A nightmare I get when I'm sick is where I'm trying to fold something up small and as I fold it more and more, it gets bigger and bigger. As it gets bigger I get a queasy, anxious feeling. I try not to think about it, because I can become queasy."

lI thought i was the only one having this uneasy sensations in my sleep. I was sickly as a child and I would have this weird visions in my sleep like the one you mentioned above. I'm lucky i don't experience them anymore.

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users