2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

I know what you’re thinking… you’re thinking that I don’t know what you’re thinking. Yet, I knew you were thinking that! Confused? Me too. Where was I? Oh yes, Extrasensory Perception. ESP. In short, mind powers. Some may scoff at the notion, but we’ve all experienced some form of this. ESP is a rather big umbrella that includes precognition, retrocognition (knowing past events that couldn’t have been learned by “normal” means), telepathy, and psychic abilities.

A quick example of ESP in the everyday: gut feelings. Have you ever been walking someplace and sensed danger? Or have you heard a great business proposition and knew in your stomach that it was a good idea, or “knowing” something was wrong with a family member or close friend? These are feelings and thoughts we’re not picking up with our five senses. And it’s not just the stuff of science fiction.

ESP has been tested in laboratories: The J.B. Rhine Center (once part of Duke University) and the former Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) lab at Princeton to name two. The studies are amazing: we have the ability to affect outcomes with our mind. Any athlete will read that last sentence and say, “Well, duh!” Athletes operating at the highest levels know that their mental state is always the difference between winning and losing. “Having heart,” “In the zone,” or being “on fire,” are phrases used, but what they really mean is that the athlete willed their consciousness to overcome the circumstances and their bodies followed suit.

I think a lot about powers of the mind in my own work. When facing deadlines, when stressed, or when I’m feeling unmotivated, I know my mind is what will help me overcome. By placing my thoughts on a better track, I find that the rest of me begins to stir to try and catch up. If we could all harness the powers of our own minds, we can do great things. We can change the world. And maybe, just maybe, we can connect with each other on a deeper level, or the energies of those who have come before us. This month we’re going to focus our thoughts, intent, and mental energies on ESP in our Message Board of the Month!

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 rluellen

rluellen

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Sounds great!! I suggest a topic of the Zener Test using Zener Cards, designed by Karl Zener. When I ran a paranormal team, I used this test liberally when checking clients for psychic ability, or even checking team members that suspected they were psychic. It never steered me wrong.
Bo Luellen
Host of The 188 Garrison
A Comedy Podcast that tackles Paranormal, UFOlogy, and Cryptozoology.
www.the188garrison.podbean.com
Follow The 188 Garrison on Facebook

#3 scriptspring

scriptspring

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

I've always had a strong ESP connection with my mother. My paranormal memoir is coming out soon and in one of the chapters I share an odd experience that happened to me. I'll share a shortened version here.

My mom and I decided to have a gals' day out and we went to the beach. Like we often did, we played an ESP game where we took turns drawing an object in the sand where the other person couldn't see it and then one would try to mentally project the picture into the other person's brain.

While playing, I noticed that I was getting uneven sun, so I turned myself around on my towel and had my head at my mom's feet.

We were usually pretty accurate, but I found myself confused while trying to be the "receiver." I saw a triangle with the blunt side on top and then a curved strip that came out of the downwards pount of the triangle, thinner where close to the triangle and wider further away. I finally told my mother that I couldn't tell what I was looking at. She asked me to describe what I was seeing and when I told her, she started laughing. I sat up so I could see what she had drawn in the sand and it was an old-fashioned inkwell with a plumed pen. I couldn't understand what I was seeing because I was looking at it upside down.

I have no real explanation for why the image would be altered by the position of my body. Logic would dictate that body position would have no bearing, but apparently, at least in this situation, it seemed to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users