The Black Cat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

Whilst my wife to be and I were spooning, we visited Berry Pomeroy Castle near Torbay in Devon.

I didn't know it at the time, but it has a reputation of being one of the most haunted places in England.

I've always had an open mind and been sensitive to vibrations and the feel of the place was regal, grand and actually quite pleasant.

We descended a stone spiral staircase that twisted so dramatically, it made it quite treacherous, especially since the stone was wet at the time.

The steps led down to a tiny dungeon & I went down first so that the future Mrs Eamcat would have a soft landing if she slipped (I'm nice like that) and reached the bottom just as her feet were on show.

I looked back quickly to make sure she was ok and in that split second saw a black cat between her feet, rubbing against her! I did a double take & shouted "Watch out!", but on looking again, there was no cat, just her little white trainers & faded jeans.

Now, I don't know what to make of this, maybe it was a ghost cat, maybe it was shadows, maybe a hallucination, an errant eye/brain message, a stone recording, or a really, really fast cat.

How odd.

#2 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:33 AM

That is just a cool story. Anything else happen in the castle? However it could be a spirit of a past pet maybe if any of you had cats as pets? However, I think that it just was a cool thing to happen and you will never know what to make of it.

:Spaz:

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

Welcome to the board.

I would ask when this happened - how many years ago. Also, did the future Missus say if she felt a cat at her feet, or feel anything? Were you able to find out any history of hauntings that include animals? This is a great annecdote, thanks for sharing it with us!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

Welcome, Mr Eamcat. :Spaz:

What a great story. I, too, would like to know more of the details.

BTW: do you happen to be a writer? You have a revealing and distinctive way with words that I typically find with fellow authors.

Viv

#5 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:56 AM

Well, this was around 12 years ago.

Mrs E didn't notice anything at all, which made it weirder.

Berry Pomeroy Castle apparently has a very famous ghost - The Grey Lady who walks the ramparts and hundreds of people have reported seeing her, but there are so many different types of alledged hauntings there, Have look here: Berry Pomeroy Hauntings

Vivienne, thank you for your compliment, my dear - no I'm not a writer (I don't have the self discipline) but I love the written word with a passion and try to make full use of it to express myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users