• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PariahPeace

PariahPeace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

I've being reading about Cassadaga, the spiritualist "town" in Florida. It's about 30 minutes from me. Has anyone had interesting experiences there? Or seen any of the psychics there (are any worth going to)?
Posted Image

#2 rsmiller

rsmiller

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

I have never been there myself. But I do know someone who went there with friends several years ago. What she told me is that they went and saw a fortune teller. She gave one of the women an envelope and told her to wait and open it when she got home. She never did make it home, was killed in a car accident on the way home. One of the friends later opened the envelope. Inside was a note that stated that she would be killed in a car accident and would not make it home. I really know nothing about Cassadaga, but thought that was an interesting story and just wanted to share it.

#3 L. A.

L. A.

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

Hi,
Yes..I live an hour from the camp and have ben there several times to their shops to purchase books and talk to several people. and it definitely is worth seeing/experiencing.
The only 2 odd things I noticed was that in the hotel shop I smelled cigar smoke and the lady at the register smiled and said no one there that day had smoked a cigar. And one other time, just after the shops/stores had closed my daughter and I took a stroll down by the lake and in the dusk..there seemed to be a shadow person out of the corner of our eyes. (We noted it and found it interesting..but were not bothered much by either.)..Turns out later that someone told me the original person owning the hotel smoked cigars and is known to haunt the hotel?
The people there were great to us and helpful in helping us find what we were looking for! But to me, I find something that happened when I was NOT there more interesting?
A member of the spiritualist group told police something about a missing boy and his grandma and that he/she felt they were near and had "seen them"..that they felt they had once seen the area but could not quite place it. And, by coincidence..a little boy and his grandma had been missing for about two years from the Orlando area somewhere. Of course..police just blew it off and dismissed it. But soon after..a person found the body/remains of the little boy in the woods near Cassadagua..the grandma was never found. But it turned out that the killer was caught and he killed himself. (A former worker in the home.) The psychic from the camp had been right!
It's certainly worth a visit, and I do believe some there are more able to communicate with those who have passed away before us. (Some better than others, though. all are not equal and some are still more in training to learn how?)
If you decide to go, I believe you'll enjoy it! Have fun! :clap:

#4 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

I have also been to Cassadaga. I visited there in November at the suggestion of two Spiritualist friends of mine, one of whom lives in Florida. I found the center to be very peaceful and serene and I received a reading from one of the psychics which was personally encouraging.

I write more in depth about Cassadaga and the Spiritualist church in my new book Ghosthunters, which will be published in September.

John Kachuba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users