Photo

Gettysburg - Sach's Bridge Ghost Story?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Caitlyn

Caitlyn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I have a tendency to believe in the paranormal, even at fourteen. My mother lucked out with having one child that is a future TAPS member at best. <br /><br />I attend middle [about to be high] school in south-central Pennsylvania. I have a GPA of 3.7 - 3.8 as of last marking period. <br /><br />My Wednesdays are spent in front of the TV from 7-11 PM, watching GH. They're the best. <br /><br />I am currently working on getting a legal license or such to pick up my mom's old ghost tours as a way of earning money for my motorcycle. :D <br /><br />I have a pretty vast understanding of the supernatural world. I could go on for hours. <br /><br />I don't mind answering questions, so drop me a message!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

I can tell you that at first, I wasn't sure to post this here at all.

My mother and I have been working on trying to find out about this spirit that supposedly haunts Sach's Bridge. His nickname is "Tennessee" and he is a colonel. We're not sure why he was called Tennessee or where my mother even found it, but I'm at a dead end in the research.

It's horrible because I don't have any pictures to show you until maybe this weekend. I'm hoping my mother and I could drive out there and take some pictures and a little EVP.

Yes, I'm still doing research, but if you could all help me, it would be gladly appreciated.

- Caitlyn.

Posted Image

The Joker = my property. Hands OFF. Or I'll be the one smashing you into a wall. >_>

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

Welcome to GV :weeee:

There are plenty of people here that have visited that place and Im sure they can point you in the right direction

Mark :)

#3 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

I can tell you that at first, I wasn't sure to post this here at all.

My mother and I have been working on trying to find out about this spirit that supposedly haunts Sach's Bridge. His nickname is "Tennessee" and he is a colonel. We're not sure why he was called Tennessee or where my mother even found it, but I'm at a dead end in the research.

It's horrible because I don't have any pictures to show you until maybe this weekend. I'm hoping my mother and I could drive out there and take some pictures and a little EVP.

Yes, I'm still doing research, but if you could all help me, it would be gladly appreciated.

- Caitlyn.

I have visited this bridge many times and it is one of my favorite areas to cover while at Gettysburg. Many many spirits make this bridge their home. I have heard of this legend also. Im not to sure of the story behind it. There might be a handful of people here that would know more than I do on this perspective haunting. I know there are many different hauntings that are attatched to this bridge. I would really like to see your pics when you get them. I hope when you take EVP, you are the only ones on the bridge. Good luck and catch that apparition. I did! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#4 Caitlyn

Caitlyn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I have a tendency to believe in the paranormal, even at fourteen. My mother lucked out with having one child that is a future TAPS member at best. <br /><br />I attend middle [about to be high] school in south-central Pennsylvania. I have a GPA of 3.7 - 3.8 as of last marking period. <br /><br />My Wednesdays are spent in front of the TV from 7-11 PM, watching GH. They're the best. <br /><br />I am currently working on getting a legal license or such to pick up my mom's old ghost tours as a way of earning money for my motorcycle. :D <br /><br />I have a pretty vast understanding of the supernatural world. I could go on for hours. <br /><br />I don't mind answering questions, so drop me a message!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm [hopefully] going to Gettysburg this weekend. Since the park rangers won't let anyone in there at night anymore, we have to go during the day.

I can tell you, I'll definitely try to get batteries that work in my camera as well as a recorder. The last thing is hidden somewhere in my basement.

Thanks for your support. (:

- Caitlyn.

Posted Image

The Joker = my property. Hands OFF. Or I'll be the one smashing you into a wall. >_>

#5 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Good Luck! Hope you get your EVP and pictures!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#6 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm [hopefully] going to Gettysburg this weekend. Since the park rangers won't let anyone in there at night anymore, we have to go during the day.

I can tell you, I'll definitely try to get batteries that work in my camera as well as a recorder. The last thing is hidden somewhere in my basement.

- Caitlyn.

The park closes at 10:00 during the peak season. You have better luck during the day than at night. Have fun! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#7 Henry D

Henry D

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

If you stop by "Ghost Tours of Gettysburg", they may be able to fill you in on the story. They do have night tours that take you to Sach's Bridge. The GoG is owned by none other than Mark Nesbitt who use to be a NPS Ranger in the 'Burg. The story is also told in one of Mark's book you can get at the GoG office for about $7.00 or any of the many books stores.

Edited by Henry D, 07 May 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

- Caitlyn.

Yeah, I think you have to be out of the park by 10:00 PM now. It seems the new director feels ghost research doesn't portray the spirit of what the NPS is trying to get across, at least that's the way they put it.... But unless things have changed in the last couple years I think you can get to Sach's Bridge anytime since it is not directly on the battlefield.

I am hoping to get out there in July and do a full blown EVP study using multi track recorders and high gain amplification. I will post the dates closer to time in the hopes maybe I can get some other interested people to come along as well. So far though I haven't set a definite date.

On the battlefield itself, I recommend the Triangular Field area behind Devil's den. I did a remote broadcast from there a couple years ago. However Devil's Den itself has not been that productive for me. Also try Little Round Top, Spangler's Spring, and the area around the New york Monument.

#9 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

- Caitlyn.

Yeah, I think you have to be out of the park by 10:00 PM now. It seems the new director feels ghost research doesn't portray the spirit of what the NPS is trying to get across, at least that's the way they put it.... But unless things have changed in the last couple years I think you can get to Sach's Bridge anytime since it is not directly on the battlefield.

I am hoping to get out there in July and do a full blown EVP study using multi track recorders and high gain amplification. I will post the dates closer to time in the hopes maybe I can get some other interested people to come along as well. So far though I haven't set a definite date.

On the battlefield itself, I recommend the Triangular Field area behind Devil's den. I did a remote broadcast from there a couple years ago. However Devil's Den itself has not been that productive for me. Also try Little Round Top, Spangler's Spring, and the area around the New york Monument.

Sachs Bridge closes at dusk. There is a sign stating that! The park closes at 10:00 p.m. sharp! It has always been that way. The park closes earlier during the off peak season. I have been there many times and the times have not changed, unless they changed it the past year. You can go to the bridge after dusk, but you will be taking a chance on trespassing. ;) Dave

#10 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

You might be taking a chance but when we were there last fall the ranger came around got out of his car and started talking to us. I wouldn't do this on the whole battlefield but Sach's bridge is off the beaten path. We saw many people coming and going there. I do not condone tresspassing by a long shot but you can come across a more co-operative ranger. Be respectful and if they tell you to leave say"YES SIR", and go. In the last few years there have been thousands of dollars in vandalism done to the monuments so I know that they are extra careful. You may want to also look into the exact location of the bridge as it was destroyed some years back by a flood. When they rebuilt it, they changed the site of the original bridge slightly. We had gotten that information from one of the rangers. We usually go to Gettysburg about every six to nine months, I love it there!!! Good luck!!!!!!

#11 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

I was last at Sachs Bridge about 2 years ago. Not sure who actually is in charge now. Before going there it would be prudent to determine what the current policy is.

Before the current people took over at the battlefield one could arrange for permission to do an after dark investigation there. We did it. All that was required was that a park ranger or staff person accompany you. Downside was they were paid overtime to be there, and you were required to reimburse these costs. We did and included a little gratuity as well. Everyone was happy.

But the people in charge now have discontinued this policy and no one, gets in to ghost hunt. They may even advise you to move on if you seem to be attracting attention of visitors in dayight. They are totally against any of this form of activity on the battlefield. (say it is disrespectful of what happened there.) But as long as you don't make a big scene of it they tend to let you alone, at least in daytime.

This may be a trend at all National park locations. Locally we have friendship Hill, Albert Gallatin's home. The site used to actually sponsor some paranormal type events. But for the last 4 years these have been discontinued, again they say it's not in accordance with their policies regarding historical locations. Maybe Big Brother doesn't like us being too inquisitive...... They seem to forget whose parks these REALLY are......

#12 Caitlyn

Caitlyn

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

I was told by my mother that Gettysburg is out of the question until I present a different topic to my American History class on the Civil War. That leaves me out of the park until late May.

This weekend was put off, so the pictures don't exist yet. Thanks anyway for your support, and you guys keep making me want to beg my mom to drive me out there for a day.

But the people in charge now have discontinued this policy and no one, gets in to ghost hunt. They may even advise you to move on if you seem to be attracting attention of visitors in dayight. They are totally against any of this form of activity on the battlefield. (say it is disrespectful of what happened there.) But as long as you don't make a big scene of it they tend to let you alone, at least in daytime.

I see. We tend to just walk around the bridge a little, take pictures and some EVP when we're alone --which isn't often. I don't think that will attract too much attention.

I've seen the vandalism. It's not good what those people did. I wish some of them would have had some respect for national monuments.

I'm supposed to be working on that research, so I should at least get some work done so I can show my mom I did something.

Thanks again for the support. (:

-Caitlyn.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users