Thoughts on TAPS

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Look at the bulletin that I got on my Myspace page today.

TAPS members Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson had such a blast meeting so many of you at the Stanley Paranormal Retreat a few weeks ago they couldnt wait to join us on The Queen Mary Jan 14-17th for a live investigation of the famous haunted ship.

The line-up is amazing
Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson, Donna LaCroix and Lisa Dowaliby from the TV show Ghost Hunters.

Paranormal Investigator from Court TV's Haunting Evidence, Patrick Burns.

Psychic/Sensitive from the Biography Channel's Dead Famous, Chris Fleming.

World reknowned psychic medium Peter James as seen on over 40 episodes of TV's SIGHTINGS!

Dave Schrader and Tim Dennis, hosts of the paranormal radio show, The Darkness on the Edge of Town / DarknessRadio.com!

The entertaining Russ Clarke and his Comedy Hypnosis show and more!

For all the information and to join this historic event and to get your tickets go to : http://www.darknessr....com/queenmary/

HURRY TICKETS ARE MOVING FAST!

Darkness Radio is proud to present these amazing paranormal retreats. Be a part of history and join along with the celebrity ghost hunters and people just like YOU that share an interest in the paranormal!

One small ticket price gets you into all the events for 2 days and 3 Nights!

http://www.darknessradio.com/queenmar

Sounds like it could be really fun....wish I lived closer!

I went. It was the best time I ever had at any conference. The lectures were informative and the investigation rocked!!!

I know there are a lot of people who like to bash the show "Ghost Hunters" but in all fairness TAPS doesn't edit their show and they do spend a lot more time on an investigation than it shows but because they only have an hour you see a small fraction of what went on. It takes 2 weeks for on hour of footage.

You know, they don't claim to be any better investigators than you or me. The only difference is they're on camera. We all make mistakes in this field of study. Especially since there is no hard evidence that ghosts exist.

I have always been a fan of the show and now that I met them and talked with them and investigated with them, I stand by TAPS even more so.

Edited by jenbrown, 21 January 2007 - 07:24 PM.

"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#107 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

I know there are a lot of people who like to bash the show "Ghost Hunters" but in all fairness TAPS doesn't edit their show and they do spend a lot more time on an investigation than it shows but because they only have an hour you see a small fraction of what went on. It takes 2 weeks for on hour of footage.

I agree I think Sci-Fi does a very bad job with them. some cases they do spend alot of time investigating but the Lizzie Borden house they spent a total of 7 hours there, 4 hours investigating. they seem like a great bunch of people I just don't care for the show that much.

#108 Corey

Corey

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

I enjoy the show. I like the way they approach things. I dont think they go in trying to debunk everything, they go in not ready to buy everything that happens as paranormal activity. I've been on some websites that find something EVERY SINGLE time they go out. That right there is a problem.
There's a quote I read on another board that I think sums it up. "We must police ourselves, or THEY will do it for us." Sceptics tend to lump all investigators into one group, unfortunately they tend to point to some of the more ridiculous findings in any paranormal field. I think GhostHunters has raised the bar.
Also, for those folks who don't care for the more "reality tv" aspects of the show. I remember a radio show that Grant was on and someone mentioned that. He said that the Sci-Fi channel will come out and film for hours and hours,and that the Ghosthunters have no control over how the show is edited together. He said that they've been less than happy with the way some of the shows have been edited together. All in all, it's an interesting show. I would love to see a Sasquatch show done in a similar manner.

#109 DreamWeaving

DreamWeaving

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

I really like this show, it is interesting to see them investigate and to take it seriously and try to disprove things before saying places are haunted.

#110 TAPSfan

TAPSfan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

As you can tell from my name, I love GhostHunters, and the group of investigators in TAPS. They aren't so quick to believe everything they hear and see, and actually try to come up with an explanation first, something you don't see on other shows. They bring credibility to their field and really seem to know what they are doing and respect the feelings of the people they meet along the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users