• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 07:48 AM

Also in the early to mid 80's I used to be a volunteer fireman and we were sitting around the fire station one night killing time. One of the guys came in and appeared to be scared to death. When we started asking what was wrong he stated to us that he had seen the Witch Lady. We all wanted to know what he was talking about and he said that they went to an area north of town and went on some back roads and parked the car and got out and was just standing there talking when a ghost appeared in front of them and they got in the car and left. We asked him to take us there but he refused. He did tell us where he went and gave us directions.
We gathered up in one car and rode out there. We sat in the car and talked for a while and saw nothing, two of us even got out of the car and still saw or heard nothing. We decided to leave and as we started driving off Tommy tapped me on the shoulder and pointed out the back window, both of us saw a gray figure of a woman with a dog standing in the road. Tommy motioned to me to be quiet and we drove away. After we got back to the fire station he and I talked about it in private and decided that we should keep this quiet because some of these guys would get stupid if they saw it.
Tommy and I made a few trips out there and saw some strange lights a few times but no Ghost Lady, Witch Lady or BAD_WORD Woman as a lot of the teens in the area called here. On one night we sat in my truck and were just talking quietly when all of a sudden she appeared in the middle of the road in front of us but the dog was not with her. She just stood there as if she was watching us, she appeared calm and we could see the dress she was wearing blowing in the breeze (there was no wind blowing at the time). She kind of crouched down a bit and looked like she just jumped off the road and she was gone. We got really excited and started talking about it and I noticed Tommy’s face get kind of strange and eyes wide and I asked what was wrong and he just pointed behind me. I turned around to look out the window because I figured that he was messing with me because he always did that. When I turned around and looked out the window the woman was standing at the window almost leaning into the truck (kind of up close and personal). Needless to say this scared the BAD_WORD out of me and I reached for the key to start the truck and get the hell out of there ( I was screaming, Tommy was screaming and I broke the key off while starting the truck). I drove out as fast as I could and we didn’t go back for quite a while. We did go back a few months later during daylight hours but never at night.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#2 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 07:16 AM

That story makes me think of the local story in cambridge md.  If you go to the bridge on bucktown road and turn your engine off and honk three times the ghost of big liz is supposed to appear headless :o

#3 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

Well we always thought this one to be BS and the story went that if you parked in the right spot and flashed your lights you would see the spooky lights. That was garbage due to the fact that the lights were a reflection on a street sign that could only be seen if the wind was blowing right and make the sign turn on its post. (it wasnt mounted properly). The whitch lady on the other hand was supposed to be just a legend and nobody had actually seen her , just heard stories about her. Then our friend saw something that scared him so bad he wouldnt talk much about it. So we kept going and just sitting and thats when we saw her. Was about the strangest thing I could have ever imagined at that point in my life. And just for clarification the lights were on one road and the witch was on another. My friend had gone to the wrong place the first time and got lucky (for us not him) and was able to put us on the place we needed to be. This is what I have found about most hauntings is that you need plenty of luck. Just leave the science and proof tactics at home because they dont work here.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#4 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:37 AM

[glow=red,2,300]CajunKnight[/glow]

Too bad you did not bring a camcorder or a camera with you. Do you still live in the area? Perahps you should go back but this time with some equipment at least a camera.

Ghost lights and apparitions have been seen for a long time. What I find interesting is that she moved closer to you almost reaching into the truck.

Whereabouts is this I can see if I can dig up anything on it.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:00 PM

This has been an interest of mine most of my life but I have just recently started taking pictures. Never thought about it before I guess. The area is north of Albany, La about 10 miles. I have been there recently but the area has been developed and I even talked to some of the people living there but nobody has anyhing to tell. Or they prefer not to talk, LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users