• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:07 PM

I'm very confused about the Hatchet Lady and if there is more than one. I first became aware of her through SWGA, where she had been "felt", somewhere in NM . Her story was given. Then last Halloween, I saw something on the ghosts of NM and the hachet lady was again brought up, only this time she was in Old Town in Albuquerque, and given another name. This was on a ghost tour given by SWGA. Then on another ghost program, she was at Red Rocks near Denver and she was given yet another name. So is there more than one Hatchet Lady or is she just used for scare purposes ? I kind of disbelieve it now since she seems to crop up so often. What does anybody know about her?
petunia4998

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:01 AM

Hi Petunia! I have never heard of hatchet lady before. What were the other names given to her? And what's her story?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

I'm sorry Bridget, but I don't remember any of her names. I wasn't paying attention closely enough, but I just remembered that they were different. For the one in Albuquerque, I remember it was Hispanic, but the one in Denver was not. This is the story: a woman was engaged. Then one day she came upon her fiance with another woman and became enraged. She grabbed up a hatchet and went after the man, killing him. Since that time, her malevolent force has been felt. I don't know that she's actually harmed anyone else, but the first time I heard about her, from an investigation done by SGHA, I think a blue light was seen and car windows were blown out and batteries were drained. Things like that. From the Denver haunting, she's supposed to haunt
couples.
petunia4998

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

I have a faint memory of coming across this term somewhere, will do some search and get back.

hhhhmmmm... I dont seem to get a hold of it as of now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by MoonChild, 03 December 2004 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Chaotic Fiend

Chaotic Fiend

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:54 PM

I have a question. It might sound stupid but wats SGHA? :unsure:
...when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you --Nietzsche

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:42 PM

SGHA = Southwest Ghost Hunters Association.
petunia4998

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:44 PM

Any information you can find would be greatly appreciated, MoonChild.
petunia4998

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:01 AM

Not yet Petunia. I will need to go back to some old books that I had. But days have been too busy, I will surely try to, if at all I find it, I can post.
Posted Image

#9 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:20 PM

I finally found a tid bit about the hatchet lady:

#A07 - Honeymoon Row
N35 05.772 - W106 40.113
The buildings on the east and west sides of you used to be the old stables for the Armijo Hacienda and the Herman Bueller Mansion (now the Hacienda Restaurant). Because it was quiet, dark, and secluded, along with lots of loose hay, it was used by lovers for a clandestine interlude. Back in the 1880s, one of the Armijo daughters was be married in a large wedding gala. On the eve before her marriage, however, she happend to come back here and caught her fiance with another woman. Furious, she grabbed an ax and hacked her fiance, killing him with 28 blows. To this day if a couple happen to be out here after midnight and involved in romantic activity, the Hatchet Lady (as she's called now-a-days) becomes infuriated and is likely to appear.

source: http://www.geocachin...s.aspx?ID=62052
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#10 SylvarWolf

SylvarWolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi Petunia! I'm glad you posted this thread (a million years ago, but still), I grew up in Denver with the Hatchet Lady story in Red Rocks. I was always terrified whenever we drove by a particular cave that she was purported to haunt. I'm pretty sure it's just BS, drummed up because that cave is fenced off, but I still don't dally if we drive up that way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users