• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:20 PM

I know this is going to sound a little weird, and to be honest I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but here it goes. I used to live in Big Bear Calif. It is a ski resort about 1 1/2 hrs east of Los Angeles. I lived in Big Bear City, or rather my family did after I moved away and had started college. They had a spirit in their house that my youngest brother named "George". We had wooden dining chairs and a linolium floor. You could often hear the chairs sliding on the floor and then creaking as if someone sat in them. "Must be George" one of the family would say and then everyone woyld say "Hi George" and go about our business. I think he just liked to watch TV. No sighting was ever made of George, so he must have been rather shy.

I was home on a break and our dog Irish (born on St Patrick's day) was barking like crazy at some wild donkeys (it's a long story) that were outside our gate. So being the only one home I brought her in. She kept barking... LOUDLY. I finally said, "If you won't be quiet, at least whisper." She sat down and looked at me and just sort of huffed. I was shocked. She did no tricks that I knew of. I said, "Speak" and she did, full throated, "Woof", whisper, "wuf". This went on for a little while. I figured someone in the family had taught her to do this, so I gave her a treat. One by one my family came home and when I asked them about it they were all as suprised as I was, all saying "We didn't even know she could SPEAK on command, let alone whisper." My Dad said, "I guess George must have taught her huh?" She sat down and stared at the empty kitchen chair and wagged her tail. We never did find out how she learned that trick.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#2 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:39 AM

That's a really cool story, Mykiedave!  I don't think that I have the capability to teach a dog many tricks.  My rottweiler knows how to turn around and sit, which is actually a great trick.  I can't stand a dog sitting directly in front of me while breathing in my face!  One day, I taught my parents dog how to howl.  Basically, I howled (hehe) and he followed my lead.  I couldn't imagine teaching a dog to speak on command, let alone whisper!  I wonder if George has any pointers.   ;)  Thanks for sharing this story with us!  Take care.
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#3 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:34 AM

This is such a great story. I think if George had made no move to interact with the people in your family, it would make total sense he'd seek the company of the animal in the home. Animals are so in tune....

I had a dog years ago who reacted to the spirit living in our home. He would sit politely (as if told to "Sit") and look upwards at a human's eye level. We would often hear someone walking up our steps, and assume it was one of the kids or a friend. But, no one living would enter the doorway when the footsteps stopped. The dog, however, went to greet the visitor and would walk alongside the entity, tail wagging, happy to see him or her, just as he would do when I came home from work.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users