• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#46 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:50 PM

i've been having a load of just plain scary and alternately amazing dreams lately - they're kind of long and complicated so i created a new thread to share with you who are interested in dreams and the realm of the psyche...

it's really remarkable that ghost-enthusiasts also have a good sense of their own dreams and i think it's great that everyone is so willing to share with us such a personal topic.

has anyone had any past life dreams?  i personally have not, but i would be interested in hearing about anyone that has.
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#47 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:00 PM

I have not had a past life dream but I have had a dream that came true after dreaming about it for 3months. :) and it scared me for I was only 12 years old.

#48 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:55 PM

I already told the story of Leandro (name has been changed).  One night he entered my dream uninvited.  He looked unfamiliar, but felt like a friend.  He spoke a language I didn't understand, but still continued with his message.  I later learned he had asked for my help and promised that we would somehow find each other in this life.

More than a year later I ran into Leandro on my mission.  We instantly recognized each other as long time friends.  Now, 7 years later, it is Leandro's turn to serve a mission (he's waiting for his call).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#49 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

Whispers,

Oh he'll nod his head and such and at least in some of my dreams my friend's deceased brother speaks for him...
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#50 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

Thanks,Masque...have you asked your friend's brother why he doesn't speak?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#51 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:38 PM

Do dreams really mean something?  I always thought that they did.  I never could figure that one out.  What is your opinion on that Whispers?
Peace, love and happiness always!

#52 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hullo,KS,
Hun, I think dreams are influenced by a number of factors, seemingly random events, things you see/hear consciously that somehow sticks in the subconscious mind. As an example, a friend says something cross to you that morning, you wonder who blew kibble in their Raisen Bran and go on, forgetting about it. However,that night, you have dreams of the person betraying you or hurting you in some way.

You meet the new guy/girl at work and there's definitely a chemical reaction, they're funny, intelligent and sensitive, but you're both in a committed relationship so it goes no further than office friendship. However, at night your ID completely takes over and you act on your original instincts.

Influenced by a movie or show you were watching prior to falling asleep.

Objects/people seen in a dream are not symbolic of anything else, but represents itself "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar," to quote Freud.

I do think prescient dreams are possible but rare, whatever the origin, whether its a guardian angel, ancestral spirit, higher self or very simply the left side of the brain conferring with the right.

Since the SCM works mainly through symbols and symbols are HIGHLY individual, it is very hard for another person to say
"This is what it meant." Lots of factors, the individual's psyche, what's going on in their life/mind and even culture.
Lets say a person we both know dreamed of a aligator or croc, you might see it as a hidden danger and while that is certainly a possibility, still another may see it as justice
because of the culture they grew up with

Just my $.2
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#53 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:30 PM

I can understand that, but there are the dreams tha I have that come true right down the the smallest detail.  How can that be explained?

#54 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 07:05 AM

Hey, KS,
The last category, Hun, the prescient dream, it is possible that they're communiques or warnings from a spirit guide or
ancestral spirit

#55 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,086 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:47 AM

;D see vampires?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#56 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:18 AM

No, but I don't know if its the dreams or school but I haven't been able to sleep more than just a few hours at a time.  

#57 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:26 AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised, I mean, its a got to be a major stressor in your life, classwork, tests...but the dreams are 100% accurate?

#58 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:09 AM

(hoping no one minds me sharing my dreams here)
I used to dream this same dream over and over again, a lot, it started about three years ago, when I lived in England- it was one of the happiest periods in my life I had three best friends, and we had no problems (that had yet risen to the surface) and school was going well and everything felt sunny.  but I had these dreams, I didn't let them interfere, but they were... and it well, they started with myself, talking to one of my friends in the music department (we practically lived there) while my other two friends were playing on the piano, singing.  All of a sudden, this guy bursts into the room, with a gun in his hand.  I've dreamt about the guy before (and the guy who comes in later) infact they're both always in the background of just about every dream I have... So the guy shoots me, without saying anything, in the shoulder, then in the stomach (his aim is really bad) realises he hasn't killed me, panics- as though he's terrified of me.  Grabs the friend I was talking to, puts the gun to her head and backs out of the room. I sit there stunned, then get up and follow.  They guy seeing me follow panics even more, begins to run, pulling my friend along with him, he the shoots me in the ankle and in the knee, but I keep following (super me that I am in this dream).  He gets outside and turns to try and shoot me again, throwing my friend to the ground.  But just as he aims the gun right at my head, the other guy comes round the corner, so the first guy shoots at him, then starts running like mad away from this new guy.  The new guy stares at me in recognition, shocked to see me there for some reason, then runs after the other guy.  like I said both men were and still are in most of my dreams, somewhere- though sometimes its just the one, and sometimes the other. One of them always hated me, feared me and the other was always trying to protect me but that was the only dream inwhich either of them confronted me.
Another really odd set of dreams I had was when I dreamt that I got pregnent one night, while I was at school.  Then  the next night I dreamt that I'd had the kid (a baby boy with sandy coloured hair like my natural colour) and so had this baby during my exams.  the night after I dreamt he was a toddler and I was at uni, then the next night he was just starting at school, I was doing a doctorate and had a long term girlfriend... then the dreams stopped. It was just really strange the way he grew up...

So there you go, the weird world of my dreams...  :) what do you think? anyone analyse that?

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#59 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:33 AM

Sometimes the dreams come true just as I had them, then there are the ones that are almost the way that I dream them some items have changed.  Like a few nights ago, I dreamt that I ran into one of my friends at school.  Today I did but it was a different one.  She transferred school and she just happened to be on campus that day.

#60 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:51 PM

:o WOW, Melillotsflower,
Okay, I've got a few questions about your dreams, I'm not saying I understand it fully, for I don't, but I may have a bit of an insight if you're willing to put up with blather.

Do both gunmen normally appear in the same dreams, can they be polar opposites?

Is there any similarity to the first gunmen and anyone you know, or your tardy protector?

Lets take a look at some of the symbols,
guns-Potential damage/lethality/change*alive to dead*The hits he made were not lethal or not immediately lethal, gut shots are slow death, painful and a lot of blood loss but not immediately deadly

He also shot you in the shoulder, ankle and knee, all are really painful and are aimed at hampering the victim's mobility*opportunities*The shoulder may represent an ability
to respond So he may be kind of a negative person or a very frustrated one who's trying to stop you from something or instilling doubt

Just a possibility
Whispers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users