1 reply to this topic

#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Five years ago, sisters Victoria and Lilly vanished from their suburban neighborhood without a trace. Since then, their Uncle Lucas and his girlfriend, Annabel have been madly searching for them. But when, incredibly, the kids are found alive in a decrepit cabin, the couple wonders if the girls are the only guests they have welcomed into their home. As Annabel tries to introduce the children to a normal life, she grows convinced of an evil presence in their house. Are the sisters experiencing traumatic stress, or is a ghost coming to visit them? How did the broken girls survive those years all alone? As she answers these disturbing questions, the new mother will find that the whispers she hears at bedtime are coming from the lips of a deadly presence.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I saw Mama in the theaters last week. I have mixed feelings about it, lol. It wasn't a BAD film, and for the most part, I did really enjoy it. However, I knew there might be problems when we were chatting with the manager on duty that night and the girl working the concession stand---both said they left the theater within 30 minutes of the opening credits....and that if we felt compelled to do the same, we could have free passes to see another movie, lol.

But yeah, I liked it. There were some creepy jump scares, and the movie overall had a creepy feel to it. If you read into it, you'll find a nice little ghost story with some nods to some favorite cultural legends. The ending however---terrible in my opinion. I could overlook the plot holes (some of which can be explained by the fact that there were some scenes cut). I could overlook the stereotypes, I could overlook the fact that I thought Guilermo del Torro had a more active role in its direction (not just production) and I could even overlook the stuff that just didn't make sense, plot hole or not. I just could not enjoy the ending, lol. It's very stylized...and frustrating, lol. It just didn't fit in with the rest of the movie.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users