Unexplained burning smells and other activity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NJMommyOf2

NJMommyOf2

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi I'm new to the site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. In 2009 we moved into a home which was about 14 yrs old. The first year an a half living there things were"normal" until last December when we began to experience burning smells at random times and in certain areas. Those smells lasted anywhere from. minute or so. We had 3 different electricians come out and not find any faulty wiring, had our vents cleaned out etc. No cause was found. then many other frightening things happened and I contacted my church and had a Catholic priest come out to do a house blessing. He even experienced the smell himself during the blessing. He suggested to us that we should move if it was affecting our family in a negative way. We did move to a new home in a town nearby. Things were fine for about 3 months and the smells have started again. I contacted our new Parrish and had our priest bless the house. He said that sometimes it could be a dead relative that may have trouble "moving on" and that we should pray for their peace. Things were fine for a month and I experienced the smell again. My family and I are to each other now and much closer to God and stronger in our faith. I'm frightened but not as frightened as before and I refuse to move again. It seems like whatever it is followed us. So moving again is not an option. I guess what I'm looking for is as many opinions on what it could be. We haven't been hurt and otherwise we continue life as normal. But I worry about the stress on me and my two young daughters , specially my oldest who is more aware of this strange of occurance. I apologize for the lengthy post. Thanks !!

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm no help here as I have no idea what this could be. I do have a keen sense of smell though and drove my family batty one time as I kept insisting that I smelled a whiff of gas. Finally, I think just to shut me up, my husband and sons traced out the gas line which ran under a boxed in seating area on the patio and found a very small leak in the pipe. Of course they all kidded me about having the sense of smell like an animal after that! :)
Sometimes smells just linger in the air and the origin of them is nowhere near your house. It could be coming from somewhere else.
You mention your family is much closer to each other and God and stronger in your faith now..... Might be the very reason it occurs? God works in mysterious ways. :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 Jin604

Jin604

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

I have also had the experience of extremely foul smells of no seemingly possible origin in my home. The foul odor of usually rotting meat or scent with flesh like attributes seemed to pass by and then dissappear. Although this was accompanied with other strange events in the house. Where this smell came from, what it is and whether it is paranormal or not is not clear to me. The point is that I have had this happen to me too.

#4 Jynx

Jynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hello, in my experience I believe you may have a spirit that is connected with your family in some way. A lot of people will feel cold spots or a energy presence when spirits come around maybe some way the smell is connected with a death in the family or some how to someone connected to use? I wouldn't be afraid maybe it's your faith that is keeping this spirit close to uses, like it safe or feels apart of your family. Maybe you your self some day should sit down and ask who it is or why it's there. But if you are bothered and don't want it around be nice and ask it to leave be straight with it tell it why. If it still doesn't want to go be firm but polite that you want it to leave. When you do this for the second time get your family together and all of use tell it to go that use aren't comfortable having it around. Who knows maybe use will learn who it is and welcome this spirit into your house. I hope this info can help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users