• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:22 AM

What are the most common indicators of ghostly activity?Things that would lend one to the belief,that something is going on.

We have had occurences that we know were caused by deceased relatives.We knew exactly what they were when they occured.But what about things we might not recognize?

I'm new here.Hello to everyone.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:29 AM

Aloha and welcome to the Village!

As to your question, if anything happens which you can't explain, you may want to look to paranormal causes. A classic example of this is when furniture (or whatever) moves on its own.

Some people can "sense" something there. It takes a great bit of experience to tell false positives (eg. your own emotions) from the real deal.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:55 AM

hello and welcome to GV. I think its kind of hard to pinpoint just one thing. But here are some things to look for. When the temp gets colder in a room for no reason. Lights flickering, the shower going from hot to cold to hot to cold (i've had that happen to me a few times) and when you feel the presence of somebody standing by you but theres nobody there.

hope that helps you out. :weeee:
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:19 PM

Welcome on board. I am going to move this over to Getting Started to see if you might get a little more help there. After reading around, feel free to IM any of us with more specific questions.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#5 reticent1

reticent1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Am a single mom and registered nurse. I have a deep passion for music - any and all kinds. Play piano and write music, too. I enjoy pretty much all forms of art. Reading keeps me thinking, and writing poetry keeps me sane. Obviously, i'm interested in the paranormal, but am especially interested in the photographic aspect of paranormal research.

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hello, yankee mark! The things described above are some signs. Another item is missing articles that you know were in a certain spot, but have disappeared without a trace, then turn up somewhere totally out of place. Or you look all over and go back to where you know you left it and it's suddenly returned. Theses seem to be shiny things like keys, jewelry, etc...

Other signs may include footsteps when nobody is around, the sounds of doors opening and closing when the door isn't moving, and smells of things that are not present (dead relative's perfume, or flowers in the dead of winter, etc...).

Curious to hear about your experiences, and look forward to you posts.
Posted ImagePosted ImageA closed mouth gathers no feet.

#6 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

Welcome to GV, Yankee Mark! :)

#7 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:35 PM

Thanks to all for the welcome.

The most obvious that has happened to my wife and I,occured in late 2001.My father-in-law had just passed away.A terrific father-in-law,and a devoted father to his children and a good husband to his wife.

It had not been long since his passing.My wife and I were leaving the house,and it was getting dark.My wife wanted to leave a light on in the living room,but I said no as we'd be back before dark or something to that effect.So,she walked out ahead of me and we left the house dark.

When we arrived home,it was dark outside.As we pulled into the driveway,I immediately felt something.It was shock,because someone had turned on a lamp in the living room after we had left.We both just sat in the car afraid and in disbelief.Clearly,Sharyn's dad had heard her say that when she was a little girl,her dad would always leave a light on if it were to be dark when they got home.He made it clear that he would prefer that I leave a light on,especially if that's what she wanted.So,I told him that I would always do that.And we do.

Then,not long after that,we had just gone to bed one night.I was almost asleep,not quite,but almost.Sharyn was already sleeping.I was sleeping on my left side facing my wife.All of a sudden,I heard someone say,Thank you Mark.It was clearly my father-in-law's voice.He said it into my right ear.I looked all over,as if I thought I'd actually see someone.It was clearly his voice.

Both of these incidents made us feel good.My wife loved her father dearly,and I could not have asked for a better father-in-law.We hope that he still comes around.

#8 reticent1

reticent1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Am a single mom and registered nurse. I have a deep passion for music - any and all kinds. Play piano and write music, too. I enjoy pretty much all forms of art. Reading keeps me thinking, and writing poetry keeps me sane. Obviously, i'm interested in the paranormal, but am especially interested in the photographic aspect of paranormal research.

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:36 AM

That's beautiful! What a touching story. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
Posted ImagePosted ImageA closed mouth gathers no feet.

#9 kismitj

kismitj

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:52 PM

wow that is a wonderful story. thank you for sharing it!

alot of times i look for the missing objects, hot/cold spots and or winds out of nowhere, odd smells (like beer in a house where no one drinks) things moving of their own accord, voices.

#10 Art Angel

Art Angel

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Nothing!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:31 AM

I need help! why do i hear my name countless times when no one is around!
Art Angel

#11 fuzzyghost

fuzzyghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

i often hear my name called also. i think that mine is my son who has crossed over. i have other children here at home and off and on i'm saying to them, " who's calling me"? and they say "it's not us mom". so i really believe it's my son who took his life at the age of 20. i think he wants me to know he's around.

maybe it's someone close to you that has crossed over and they just want you to know their around. just think about it, is there someone that was close to you that has recently pasted away? or it could even be someone that wasn't really close to you that passed that just finds it easy to get through to you and is.

#12 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:39 AM

Hi Yankee Mark,
Welcome to Ghostvillage and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I would definately say that these are ghostly occurences. Your father-in-law may be staying for a little while to make sure everything is in order and that all is okay. Or he may choose to reside in the house on a more long term basis. It's hard to say for sure. I'm glad you are able to find comfort in this and I hope all is well with you and I wish you all the best. :D

#13 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

I need help! why do i hear my name countless times when no one is around!

I often times hear my name as well...and it doesn't really matter where I am at...I can be at home and hear my name or be sitting at work and hear my name called just like someone was standing right beside me....I have yet to figure this out as to why, but, I just sort of roll with it.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#14 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

i think everyone has heard someone repeat their name.i had a dream about my dad.he passed away 2 yrs ago in dec.i had a dream i talked to him on the phone.it was his voice and he told me i needed to talk to my mom.which i thought was odd.so the next day i called my mom.told her about the dream.that night i had a dream about my dad and he was smiling.he didnt say anything just smiling.i think hes trying to talk to me since he knew i was always interested in the paranormal stuff.plus, out of my dads 6 kids...i was the only one really close to him.

to bad i cant have dreams about him every night.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users