rt evp ghost box

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Daikirai

Daikirai

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Was seeing if anyone has one , and would help me out on the best set up for the spirit box.. Thanks in advance

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the best set-up for ALL spirit boxes is "Off". Even if a spirit was able to manipulate a radio signal to the extent claimed it would be problematic for it to know in advance what words or phrases would be available in what station and be able to flawlessly "tune" a receiver to that station at the precise instant needed to assemble an answer or phrase.

And if a claim is made that an answer is given to a question asked, consider... You ask a simple question, "What's your name?" Now you hear a lot of gibberish, clicks, whistles and other stuff as the box tunes across various stations. Suddenly you hear a brief word, "Tom" in the mess. Did you get an answer? Not hardly. First, how do you determine the answer is "Tom" and not some of the other sounds? Just because it seems to fit what you expect to hear? Chances are you could find other phrases buried in the noise that could also fit as a name or part of one. Yes, I said part of one, after all since these boxes break speech apart how do you know that what you heard was "Tom" and not a weatherman giving "TOMorror's forecast"? What you hear is all in YOUR mind, not anything scientific.

I could go on, there are many other reasons why ghost boxes that sweep radio frequencies just can't work. Just another ploy to separate those unfamiliar with electronic devices from their money. For anyone considering such a device, I would recommend speaking with someone who understands electronics and its limitations.before buying. A little background on VCOs (tuners) and how they work wouldn't hurt either! (Just how can a spirit manipulate a voltage accurately to within millivolts anyway???- That what is required!)

#3 Daikirai

Daikirai

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wow thanks! It was a nice add on to the rt evp but I know I won't be using that function a lot ... But thanks for the reply

#4 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Honestly I do not have any problem with just putting a radio on a channel you know is nothing but static and adding white noise. As long as you are far enough away from the roads so you don't get people with fm transmitters on their ipod or something like that. I have had 2 very good recent evps with just adding plain old white noise. One was just a simple smart phone app that plays static, and right as it was turned on we caught an nasty screaming voice then it says that's my face extending out the word face with a hissing snake voice sound. The other we turned on a radio to 77.9 too low for any broadcast radio, and we caught a ghost saying turn it off. They must have not liked our noise, but at least they talked lol! Also if you really want a good recorder be sure to check out the tascam Dr-05. They are down to only 80 bucks on amazon, and will keep pace with any high end pro audio recorder costing 4x as much or more. They are the greatest value for equipment that actually works.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#5 Daikirai

Daikirai

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

That's pretty sweet! I'm enjoying the rt evp recorder .. Yet we have had horrible weather lately I havnt been able to take it out anywhere but I'm def. looking forward to seeing what results I get out of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users