• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

I was just curious as to the quality of the kits from the shadowlands website. I found some decently priced equipment on their website, and I was anxious to know if its worth the money. I don't want to spend 100 bucks on what I think is worth it, then have everything crash on me.

Let me know.

Maili
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#2 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, & the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

I have not baught any thing from the shadow lands. Try this site ghost hunters store it has pretty reasonable prices.

#3 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

Actually, I think the link on the Shadowlands website led to that site. Is there equipment decent quality? Or should I be saving up for higher priced equipment?
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

I would say avoid the site. While I didn't have time to check all options, I did look at what they offered for EVP research which I specialize in. They have nothing except low end digital voice recorders and stuff that would be associated with an amateur attempt at investigating. Since they don't even offer high end equipment in any category I checked I would assume they are geared more toward the ghost hunter wannabes.

The "kits" they offer, even at $149, don't contain what would really be needed to do a serious investigation. You would do better to forego any kit and simply purchase quality equipment from reliable sources as you can afford it.

I personally advise anyone starting out to specialize. That is, don't try to take on EVP, video, photography all at once. Choose one area and get the best camera, or recorder, depending on your chosen area of study, you can afford. If you want to do EVPs,spend a couple hundred and get a good stereo recorder. If you want to do photography, get a good quality camera. But don't try to cover everything unless you can afford to spend several hundred $$$ right up front. Otherwise you will be like many, getting a lot of poor quality, inconclusive evidence, and you'll find yourself wanting to upgrade soon. That will just add to the overall cost of equipment.

#5 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

I'm not really looking into the high tech must have stuff. I'm not even old enough to investigate yet, so it's not really one of my concerns. I just want to get familiar with the equipment so by the time I can use, and afford, good equipment, I'll be ready. So its a no no for the site? Because I would shop at Ghost-Mart, but it's a little bit out of my price range...

Suggestions?

#6 Ten301

Ten301

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

I'm not really looking into the high tech must have stuff. I'm not even old enough to investigate yet, so it's not really one of my concerns. I just want to get familiar with the equipment so by the time I can use, and afford, good equipment, I'll be ready. So its a no no for the site? Because I would shop at Ghost-Mart, but it's a little bit out of my price range...

Suggestions?

You don't need a ton of equipment to start. Your eyes and a basic camera (digital or film) will suffice in the beginning. Just remember not to fall for the "they use it on TV, so that must be what I need" nonsense. There's no need to "go dark" like they do for dramatic effect on TV, in fact, most sightings are during the day. Also, much less chance of problems with evidence if your camera is used during the day (orbs caused by dust by using flash, etc.) Basic point and shoot-type cameras work much better during daylight hours. The flash is too weak to be much use at night, especially outdoors. Keep in mind that some of the best photographic evidence was taken with these types of cameras, by people just taking everyday snapshots. Forget K-2 meters, and most EMF meters in general. They prove nothing, and are usually just reacting to various man-made sources of EM energy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users