Need real-life help for a good friend

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

Dear Villagers,

I don't even know if I should be doing this at all, but I feel I must try something.

I have a very good friend I met last September when I was taking the Paralegal Certification Course. Initially everything in my gut told me to stay away from her because the energy around her is very draining. At any rate, I ignored my gut and decided to work with her spiritually and emotionally, never asking for anything except that she complete the assignments I give to her. For a while she was making progress, but then class ended on December 2th and we didn't get to see each other, only talking on the phone and emailing. She lives at least 50 miles from me as I'm in the extreme northern part of CT, while she's in the southern part of the state.

Anyhow I would love to present her family with a donation to help them out. As of tomorrow 2/14/08, everything but their cell phones and electricity will be turned off. She and her husband have three children ages 3-17. Their middle daughter has some sort of disorder where she is missing a part of a chromosome, making her a 4 year old in a 15 year old, 180 lb body. The heartache goes on and on. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you could take a minute to click the link below, I set up a donation page on my website containing the emails she and I have been writing over the past two days. She sounds much better in the first one than in the second. Any donation goes through Paypal into a fund I designated especially for her and her family. If you could find it in your heart to spare anything, even $1 helps if enough people donate.

If this is improper, or in bad taste, please feel free to tell me. I would certainly understand if the moderators took this down. I only want to help my friend and I guess at this point I'm clutching at straws. She is out of options at this point I'm afraid.

http://kiraspsychicr...sfamilyfund.htm

Much love and thanks to you all for reading this.

Gratefully,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

~Kira dear, this is so nice of you to do for your friend. Wether she's draining or not, she defiantely has found a good friend in you. I wish I could send her something as small as $1.00, but I just can't because of things going on here, but I have an abundance of prayers and well-wishes I'm sending her way. Cash can only help for a shaort time, but the prayers can last forever. Thank you for sharing this with us & make sure you guard yourself so you don't become too drained.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:40 AM

Hi Kira,

I know cash is best, but on top of that, what ages are her children? Do they need any clothing or other basic necessities?

Christine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users