• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joeintheuk

joeintheuk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

Got me thinking about if spiders are a sign I dont mean little money spider as seen in horror films and documentarys they often show big spiders crawling up a bed or wall. Does this have any relevence to a haunted location or are they just used for special effects. I've just killed a big spider and have no idea how it got in all the doors and windows are closed, i'm still slightly paralised it was the biggest spider I have ever seen could this have been a sign or was it just a natural house spider.

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

Spiders do not have any relevence to hauntings. Yes, just special added effects to get folks creeped out! In empty houses and such, one would most likely find spiders all over the place, thats all.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

A great number of spiders is a sign that you need to call the Orkin man.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#4 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

A great number of spiders is a sign that you need to call the Orkin man.

BAD_WORD! You beat me to that one! :(
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

I'd rather deal with spiders than cockroaches!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

~It's flipping freezing outside & this house is locked up tighter than Fort Knox. I'm still finding spiders here & there...don't know how but when it's cold out, they'll find a way in.
Definately not a paranormal sign of any type...unless they stand up & start dancing.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

~It's flipping freezing outside & this house is locked up tighter than Fort Knox. I'm still finding spiders here & there...don't know how but when it's cold out, they'll find a way in.
Definately not a paranormal sign of any type...unless they stand up & start dancing.

well, it's not a sign of a haunting...and yes they can find their way in..

but spiders are related to the paranormal in terms of witchcraft. they act as familiars and some spells i think, take they form of spiders...and in the dark arts that involves bugs: spiders are one of the main insects that nest inside the victims body until the witch decides it's time for them to creep out in all the holes available...
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

It's fall.... Winter is coming.... Spiders are looking for a place to winter over. Any small hole around a pipe, under a window sill, or where a wire comes into the house usually has more than enough room for spider to crawl in where it is warmer. And don't forget the vents which all houses should have to let moisture escape from the attic. If an opening exists a spider can get in.

A perfectly natural response by nature to the changing seasons, nothing paranormal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users