2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

There’s no question that love is a powerful force. It can turn us into super-humans. It inspires us, binds us to other people, and changes the way we perceive the world around us. Love is even stronger than death.

So many ghostly accounts involve love in some way. We hear about visitations from loved ones after they’ve passed on. The message is almost always the same: Grandpa came back to let me know he’s okay, and he still loves me. Our loved ones care so much about us that they cross the plane of death to give us comfort.

At the Wayside Inn in Sudbury, Massachusetts, there’s the story of the ghostly woman, Jerusha, who is forever waiting for her lover to return and take her hand in marriage. Legends similar to this one show up all over the planet. Ghost stories often have a romantic undertone.

I’ve asked the question more than once: if you could come back as a spirit after your death, what would you do? Most people would stay near their families. They’d watch their children or grandchildren grow up. They’d keep their widowed spouse out of trouble. Why? Because of love. Because of that invisible force that can’t be measured, tested, or fully understood, yet we all know it exists (even our skeptic friends know it!).

Love is so central to our lives (at least it should be if we’re living it right), that it makes sense that so many ghostly experiences contain love as part of the take-away message. To love is to live. It’s the best of us. It’s the part we want to remember, and the thing we don’t want others to forget.

This month we’re going to dive into love and ghosts and explore the romantic and caring side of the ghostly experience. If you have a tale to tell, please do share it:
http://www.ghostvillage.com/encounters/submit.shtml.

Since we’re getting lovey-dovey this month, I want to take a moment to say thank you to all of you Ghostvillagers for all of your support and kindness over the years. I’ve been so fortunate to correspond with you, and meet many of you. It’s an honor to be a part of your lives.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

If I do come back after my death I would visit loved for sure and also those that I didn't like. I would want to know what made them act they way they did. I imagine I would be surprised by what I find out but then again maybe not with some of them.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I'd hate to think that I was keeping someone tied down to this realm, consciously or not. I'd rather like to think that any loved ones that have passed have crossed over to where they are "supposed" to be, but have the ability to stop in and check on me from time to time. I would also hope that when its my time to go, I don't have any unresolved issues, such as unrequited love, that would literally tie me here instead of moving on, symbolically and literally.

I do, however, have a few personal stories along these lines of ghostly love. A good 'friend' passed away many years ago, and still to this day, whenever I'm REALLY upset about something, I'll catch a fleeting whiff of his cologne. When that happens, I like to think he's just letting me know that he's still in my heart. Another of my friends, however, had a little different experience. She was the target of "ghostly love" from an entity that she had never met. It seems that when she moved into her former residence, an entity was already there and started targeting her. Seeking help from a psychic-medium, she learned that this entity chose to remain earthbound, searching for a lost love. My friend happened to remind him of this lost love, and that's why she was targeted.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users