• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Those of you that still think that “The Great Global Warming Scam” has anything to do with science should consider some of the latest developments.

Over Christmas Professor Richard Parncutt of the University of Graz in Austria posted a long diatribe on the university web site in which he advocated that all of those people who are skeptical of global warming should be put to death.

In response to worldwide outrage, the university removed the posting from its site, but it has been archived here: http://tallbloke.wor...arming-deniers/

In addition, another site has been established on which a “death list” has been compiled. This is a listing of the details of some of the more conspicuous people who are skeptical of the scam. The link to this site is here: http://www.desmogblo...denier-database

When reading the content of these links, keep in mind that this is supposed to be “science” in action.

The scientific method requires that ideas be exchanged and through a process of iteration, the truth established. The scientific process is never ending, and is supposed to be objective, non personal and non political.

Looking at the reality, “The Great Global Warming Scam” has long since abandoned any pretense of being related to science; it is now a blood sport aimed at grabbing the biggest share of the tax payer’s funds. It is now a trillion dollar, world wide industry, and it is imperative that anyone who stands in the way of this cash grab is destroyed; both figuratively and literally.

Even more ominously, it has long since morphed into “a cause”.

Those of you who have a philosophical bent may ponder how it was that in the 20th century the Communists and the Nazis managed to murder so many people. It is no coincidence that both Communism and Nazism are “causes” and have a huge following of true believers.

It is clearly evident that these mass murders were not committed by only a handful of people; they required the active participation and support of thousands, if not millions, of people. The people who were actively involved in these murders were the true believers: they believed that any evil, any atrocity, was justified in the name of furthering the cause.

So the true believers deliberately and consciously starved to death millions of people in the Ukraine; the true believers murdered millions of people in the extermination camps.

We see now the true face of “The Great Global Warming Scam”, not only is it a cash grab, but it is a cause. And the cause has its true believers. And the true believers will perform any evil to advance their cause.

Including compiling a death list.

Including putting to death anyone who stands in the way of the cause.

#2 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

OMG ! another nail in the coffin of science. I lament will science ever survive ?
A very large strawman argument you've tried to create. But who gives a frack what one idiot says ? Oh, you do.
Thanks we all needed a good laugh. :-)

#3 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

While you were enjoying your good laugh, you seem to have entirely missed the point.

I think you would benefit from some reading; particularly, I recommend that you read up on:
  • Joseph Stalin and “useful idiots”.
  • Lysenkoism. Particularly, you might find it informative to note how true believers became the official authorities on science. You should also note: how many people were either shot or incarcerated in the Gulag because they questioned Lysenkoism; the number of people who starved to death because the true believers decreed that “the science is settled”; the destructive effect all this had on Soviet society; the destructive effect it had on Soviet science.
After you have done this reading , you should try to connect the dots with “The Great Global Warming Scam”. You might notice some parallels.

Once you understand the issues, you might not find them so funny.

#4 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think the reason you post articles critical of main stream science is do to the feeling you have that most people don't take what you say seriously. And by trying to discredit science in general gives you hope that what you believe to be true maximal credibility (in your own mind at least ). It does not. Instead what you accomplish is showing everyone how inflexible, unreasonably close minded and unwilling you are to admit you might be wrong about everything you believe. Or maybe you are a contrarian just for the sake of being contrary but lacking the substance. And like Lady Gaga says: (maybe) 'you where born this way'. I don't know, but I do know you are likely on the losing side of the argument.

Perhaps you'll come up with some hard data that shows climate change is purely natural unlike the previous article you posted. Until next time, cheers.

Edited by ohreally?, 04 January 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#5 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

You really should actually read the postings made on these threads; as a really radical concept, I suggest that you should make an attempt to understand what is being said.

Just to help you out, let me give you a précis of the discussion to date:

Firstly, I have never attempted to discredit either science or the scientific method; in fact all of my postings have been directed at the exact opposite.

What I have been highly critical of is the evolution of science into an industry in which truth and the scientific method are considered optional extras. Further to this, I have been highly critical of scientists who adopt a political position, then very selectively use science to support their political views.

The most visible manifestation of this is “The Great Global Warming Scam”. What started out as a scam by a couple of academics who hoped to score a couple of research grants has morphed into a multi trillion dollar political cause led by true believers, in which the science is totally irrelevant.

In their efforts to protect their scam, the true believers have applied increasingly totalitarian methods to suppress the scientific method and discredit dissidents. They have entrenched science by dictate, and most recently they have turned to blatant threats and intimidation.

The cumulative effect of these developments is to chip away at the credibility of both science and scientists. Amongst an increasing number of people in our society, science is viewed as just another opinion; and scientists are viewed as just another vested interest group.

Within science itself, this has had a chilling effect. Many scientists now realize that with the politicization of science, the scientific method is secondary to political correctness and dogmatism.

All of this has led to a general decline in science, and we as a society are paying a very heavy price for that.

#6 Casper2004

Casper2004

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Exersicing, Learning More About The Paranormal , My Scorpions And Tarantula's, black widows ,TV, Movies, Internet, Travel....EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

i dont understand, im confused, maybe im not smart enough to comprehend this information. i think its over my head. what does global warming have to do with a ghost ?

#7 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

i dont understand, im confused, maybe im not smart enough to comprehend this information. i think its over my head. what does global warming have to do with a ghost ?

Actually, a lot.

Whenever a discussion relating to “supernatural phenomena” begins, it inevitably it attracts the attention of some cheerleaders for science.

With the appearance of the cheerleaders, the discussion follows a very consistent and predictable trajectory: first the cheerleaders will laugh and ridicule the entire concept. Then, they will go to great lengths to expound on the wonderfulness of science. Then, as a closing argument the cheerleader will attack the intellectual and moral capacity of anyone who chooses to take the phenomena seriously.

The problem here is that invariably the cheerleaders are clueless with respect to both supernatural phenomena, and the realities of science.

First, there is a large body of very credible scientific evidence, going back at least 100 years, supporting the existence of “supernatural” phenomena.

Secondly, while the ideals of science are very admirable and should be aspired to by all, the reality is that science is just like any other human endeavor: it is rife with dogmatism, ambition, jealousy, greed, fraud, incompetence and all the other standard human traits.

An illustration of the reality of science, and how it is practiced in the real world, is “The Great Global Warming Scam”.

If you look at the detail of how it has progressed and the behavior of those involved, you will see all you ever need to know about how the science industry operates in the real world.

You can then see the parallels between this scam, and how mainstream science relates to the entire body of knowledge relating to supernatural phenomena.
In other words, dogmatism and vested interest trumps science every time.

So, whenever a cheerleader for science takes it upon themselves to pontificate on the wonderfulness of science and begins with the standard ridiculing of supernatural phenomena, just point them to the “Great Global Warming Scam”.

Incidentally, here is a link to a confession from NASA regarding how they have been forced by political pressure to conform to the scam, when all along they have known it is nonsense:

http://principia-sci...s-key-role.html

#8 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

A little light reading for the cheerleaders and true believers:

http://www.forbes.co...-science-fraud/

#9 DougA

DougA

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

To Senior member: I feel it is important to identify yourself when posting opinions, accusations, or tirades about beliefs other than your own..
This forum is open to all, but barbed comments made while hiding behind an avatar, add nothing to a conversation wether it be scienced or spiritually based. In fact they are worthless. People that shoot off at the mouth, are bullies etc, hide. Those who want to be taken seriously and are open to debate hide from nothing.
PortCityParanormal

#10 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

What????

I am somewhat perplexed by your post; could you be specific about what exactly is bothering you?

#11 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

DougA, I don't get what you're saying....... afterall, it's the Skeptics thread.

I have nothing intelligent to add but find it very interesting.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#12 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

For those that have been wondering, CNN has now identified the cause of asteroid strikes on earth:

#13 ohreally?

ohreally?

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

For those that have been wondering, CNN has now identified the cause of asteroid strikes on earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5PMvI1HSQ&feature=player_embedded

Let me guess your point. I think you are implying some people are willfully ignorant of science. If that is your point then we all have learned that here.

#14 veyaluch

veyaluch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

All the echo nuts changed the name of their cause from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" when they decided the world wasn't warming fast enough for them. Blaming all the recent natural disasters on man made pollution etc. Greenland and Antarctica weren't always covered in ice and we humans had nothing to do with that. To all you Prius driving elitists, all the pollution you saved from going into earths atmosphere was just canceled out with the recent eruption of Mt. Etna...keep up the good work.Posted Image

#15 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

veyaluch, my sentiments exactly! I'm not the least bit science minded at all and don't join this topic, although I read it and find it interesting. BUT I do have a brain to think and reason with and agree with you and canuck.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)