Hi, all!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Widdershins

Widdershins

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hi! I read one of Jeff's books and recently found my way here. I'm just getting back into this subject after a decade and a half as a skeptic (more about that below) and am doing a lot of reading to catch up with current NDE studies and with new books by mediums.

Considering that I've actually had a couple of experiences with ghosts, it's kind of odd that I lost my belief in the supernatural for so long, but that's what happened. It probably had to do with the fact that my husband and friends are non-believers. I just kind of stopped looking at all the personal evidence I'd accumulated over the years, somehow.

Then someone I cared deeply about died last fall and I realized how depressed I was getting over the death. I remembered my former life-long strong belief that I'd someday see again all the people I'd lost to death and how comforting it was. And I also made a cross-country trip back to the area where I grew up (western PA) in August and saw the old logging road where I saw my first ghost, too. That made me realize how illogical it was to be so strongly influenced by the skepticism of the people around me, when I had what amounts to personal proof that, at least in some cases, death isn't the end.

The thing is, the experiences I've had were of the sort of ghost that seems more like a "recording" on a particular place than like the survival of a personality. Not exactly what I'm looking for. I also used to be very psychic (precognition and clairvoyance), but have lost those abilities. So, as well as reading up on the paranormal, I'm also meditating and hoping to reawaken my abilities and possibly to also communicate with the dead.

I'm really happy to have found this forum and will write more about my own experiences as I find the time. (I posted in the "Royal Ghost" thread last week)

Widdershins

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village!

I'm sorry you had such a loss, but am very glad you have come back to your own beliefs. Hoping you find true comfort in them! Looking forward to reading about your progress in reawakening your abilities and then reading about your experiences. You have definitely come to the right place for great information and genuine discussions about such things!

Oh - and Happy Halloween!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

A Halloween welcome! :)
Posted Image

#4 Widdershins

Widdershins

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome! Halloween has always been my favorite holiday and I plan to celebrate by doing some reading here today :)

Widdershins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users