• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Just placed an order with Amazon! I can't wait to read this one. You are an incredible author Jeff and I will be thinking about that book waiting for me on my desk when I am on vacation.

#17 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:12 PM

Got it, read it, LOVE IT!!! Another hit Jeff! Congratulations.

#18 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

Thanks, crazyookie! I appreciate that.
-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#19 Julie Levitan

Julie Levitan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:52 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Our Haunted Lives is a book that arguably I began working on in 1997. Back in '97 I had no idea I would be writing any books, but I knew I wanted to know more about ghosts and the supernatural. It was back in '97 that I was talking to someone who said she saw a ghost in Dudleytown, Connecticut. Now, I wasn't there when she had her experience, so I can't tell you with certainty that she saw something. But I can tell you beyond any doubt that this girl was moved by whatever it was that she did see. The way she described her experience, her eyes only looked away from mine in order to find the right words, and the way her body tensed up with fear as she relived her moment of contact made me a believer in her. Short of having a supernatural experience for yourself, speaking one-on-one with a witness to a ghostly event is the most compelling evidence for ghosts that there is.

For years people have been telling me about their ghost experiences -- their testimony is gripping. Since my days as a newspaper reporter I have always kept my trusty hand-held tape recorder by my side. When I interview a witness, the tape rolls so I can pay attention to our conversation and so I don't miss anything. Replaying the tape for me was almost like reliving the encounter. In Our Haunted Lives, I present the experiences in the words of the witnesses. I want you to read what I heard. I tried to ask the questions you might have asked. It's a new approach to documenting ghost encounters, and I hope you'll all support me on this and pick up the book.

Our Haunted Lives is also the place where I present the entire interview with George Lutz, the man whose experiences in Amityville, New York back in 1975 sparked many books and movies that often exaggerated or completely made up what really happened. I spoke to Mr. Lutz for hours about everything he's experienced since the summer of 1975 right through present day. Sadly, George Lutz died this past May and this interview was one of the last major discussions he ever had on the record. Was Amityville a hoax? See what George Lutz himself had to say about it.

Please forgive me for this shameless self-promotion, but this month we're going to explore the profound nature of the ghost experience as our topic of the month. If you'd like to buy this book or any of my other books online, you can do so here: http://www.ghostvill...fbelanger.shtml

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Ghostvillage.com

Hi Jeff, this is Loopy from Wild Bunch Radio. My husband and I interviewed you about this book and I just wanted to look into the conferference and saw your name. I LOVE the book! Thank you for a great interview and we would absolutely LOVE to have a new interview with you in the near furture! I really hope we can make it to the conference -but if not- we will continue to read your wonderful, insightful books. I read up a lot on research for the show Shadows Of doubt - and I must say Forge & I both think it's a HOT READ! This book was difficult to put it down! Thanx bunches for writing it, and thank you KINDLY forthe interview.
Thanks for your time in reading this post,
Loopy & Forge of Wild Bunch Radio

#20 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, Loopy & Forge. It was fun being on your show!
-Jeff
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#21 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

Just purchased my 3rd book, "Our Haunted Lives". Once you start reading, you don't want to put it down! :ghost:
Posted Image

#22 Julie Levitan

Julie Levitan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

Just purchased my 3rd book, "Our Haunted Lives". Once you start reading, you don't want to put it down! :ghost:

LOL...They are good books!
Thanx for the interview. It was a lot of fun having you on the show.

#23 Meghan

Meghan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Reading, American History, Genealogy, Horseback Riding, TV Law & Order, Family, Grandchildren

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

I confess this is my first Jeff Belanger book and I absolutely loved it. I have read so many books on ghosts/paranormal. This was a refreshing book with a unique format that I really enjoyed. Now I am hooked and will have to get my Jeff Belanger Book Collection up to snuff with my Troy Taylor collection.
Thank you.

#24 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

i just thought i would say to jeff i just read " our haunted lives." very good book.like others i couldnt put it down.i have all of the books that are put on here except the one about the nigtmares.i purchased with haunted lives, encyclopedia of haunted places,ghosts of war.i already had the worlds most haunted places and com.with the dead.ironically enough the book store near me didnt carry any of your books.so when i went to another town that has a barnes and noble book store.i went there to look for ghost books.thank goodness they had alot of your books.ive been looking for the ghosts of war for a long time now.plus, with it being spooky season.as in october it hits the spot.im starting my collection so to speak with ghost books.i have so many im running out of room to put them...hahaha!

thanks for the read jeff.

cwb.. :lol:
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#25 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:15 PM

Thanks so much, civilwarbuff! I appreciate it. Maybe if you keep asking for my books at your local bookstore they'll eventually start to carry them.

Be sure to leave a little shelf space... there's more coming.

-Jeff
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#26 Snoopy Dog

Snoopy Dog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Shopping, swimming, playing with my dogs, watching t.v and movies

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

sounds like a great book
HAPPY HAUNTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

It really is a great book. I think my story in it is the best though...lol.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#28 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

i have to say i havent been to this site in awhile.but...hubby and i have had some weird experiences in our place.i write them all down.example for a week something happened in our place.first night...the smell of fried chicken filled the bedroom.i woke up and went right back to sleep again.

2nd night same thing.but this time i went smelling all over the house.but just smelled it in the bedroom.odd.
3rd night in january..woke up at 5:33 am to someone stroking my elbow of my arm.my arm was bent and my hand was under my head.i thought it was my hubby and i was about to scream at him for getting me up so early but he was snoring.i felt two fingers stroke my arm.granted it was snowing outside.so im thinking somone must have wanted me up early to scrape the car off.

the next day hubby and i were talking about needed quarters for laundry.went to bed i told him something is going to happen tonight.he said how can you tell.i said i can just feel it in the room.next day i woke up to go to work.i have a chair with my clothes draped over it.so less time wondering what im going to wear to work.as im getting ready i see a quarter sitting on the chair, heads up.i inspect it to see what year it is.the year i graduated high school.to bad we didnt discuss gold coins or anything.but i dont keep money in my jeans so its not like it could have fallen out.

that day when i came home from work i went into the bedroom and said out loud " i know your here but if you want to contact us do it doing daylight hours." i felt kinda foolish but i know they heard me.i wasnt getting enough sleep, plus i wake up to the slightest noise anyway.after i told them to come to us in the daylight.they have been doing that.another story though.had to share.sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users