• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:51 PM

For anyone who's bought Jeff's book or plan to in the near future, DO NOT leave it in your car where it gets very hot. I accidentally did and the binding softened and every page came loose. I'm going to try putting it in the freezer or something to see if the pages will restick. Contents is good, binding is very cheaply done.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

hahahahaha, it shouldnt have happened to you, you are the ICEGoddess!
Posted Image

#3 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

:rolleyes:
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

That can happen with any perfect bound book. They use a kind of "hot glue" for their binding and most books now days are done this way. It could have been just about any book that would have done the same thing. I guess lesson to be learned for all new books.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:33 AM

This is the first time I've ever had this and I buy new books all the time.

#6 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

That shouldn't happen to the book. IceGoddess, please email me your mailing address to info@ghostvillage.com and I'll have the publisher send you a new copy. Sorry about this.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#7 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Jeff. I talked to my friend Liz who is a publisher and she said that that rarely happens in trade paperback publishing - which I know this sized book is - but it does happen frequently with the mass market books. This is the first book I've ever had this happen with.

I should know better, though, than to leave ANYTHING in the car now that it's getting warm here in California. My one and only jacket got sun bleached in spots last summer when I left it in the back seat of my car after taking it with me on vacation to San Francisco. <_<

#8 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

I got my new copy yesterday. Thanks Jeff. It's already up on my bookshelf and never to be opened. :P I'll carefully take the original copy and finish reading it. :wub:

#9 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

I hear Calafornia is like Australia .. Try leaving cd's on the passenger seat!.. we tried the cook and egg on the bonnet one day .. it works.

Good to see that We as customers are supported so well!. Great Work, love the personal touch.

I am awaiting my copies from by bookstore to arrive .. i am that excited I am almost jumping up and down!!

#10 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

i wnt one for christmas hint hint :clap:
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#11 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

i wnt one for christmas hint hint :weeee:

~And my Birthday is coming up... :headbang:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#12 Sean V

Sean V

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Sasquatch Research, General Cryptozoology, Camping, Hiking, Lokean Spirituality, Runes &amp; Runecasting, Medieval Recreation, Reading, Writing

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:14 AM

I picked up this book today, to help me get aqquainted with the phenomenon of Ghosts & Hauntings. From what I've read of it so far, it seems to be quite good.
Western Canadian Sasquatch Research Organization (WCSRO)"I'll just keeping on looking 'til I find the darn thing." - Rene Dahinden, 1976.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users