Calling all Californians!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

I need to get some more suggestions for the
so-cal hunt and everybodys e-mail address.
spooksareus1@yahoo.com
spooks

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#32 gina

gina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

OKay yea i vote for the queen again lol for the second time, haha do I get counted as 2 votes? Me and my spirit friend lol. Jk

But seriously if you guys havn't experienced just the feeling and know the story of the queen mary, then you have no yet begun. Also it's considered one of the most haunted places, containing several vortex's.
:D

EDIT: Dur I forgot to mention I will forum message you my email, but you might have it there already :angry:

Edited by gina, 05 February 2006 - 04:35 PM.

#33 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

OKay yea i vote for the queen again lol for the second time, haha do I get counted as 2 votes? Me and my spirit friend lol. Jk

But seriously if you guys havn't experienced just the feeling and know the story of the queen mary, then you have no yet begun. Also it's considered one of the most haunted places, containing several vortex's.
:D

EDIT: Dur I forgot to mention I will forum message you my email, but you might have it there already :angry:

Ok, the Queen is back in the vote!
Thanks for sending your email Mz. Gina.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#34 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:41 PM

Searchingforanswers: Robin
Noone68: Lisa
Dissillusioned:
Newhunter: Daniel

Hi girls, I still need the email addresses
For those above.
spooksareus1@yahoo.com

Thanks, Spooks

#35 lamfgirl

lamfgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

What about the Roosevelt Hotel on Hollywood Blvd.? It was built in the 20's and held the first Academy Awards. It is reputed to be very haunted. Particularly by Marilyn Monroe & Montgomery Clift along with some lesser known Hollywood players from the past.

#36 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

Hi Spooks,

I haven't been on in a long while. Life has caught up with me and the dead have taken a back seat. I would love to join but I cannot commit. I have small kids and a hubby who is usually gone fighting fires in the summer. Put me on the list but...tentatively.

I heard an interesting ghost story not long ago from a site that does not directly deal with the ghost aspect of death. It was about Janis Joplin. Apparently the hotel that she died in gets very strange activity when she is mentioned. There is the requisite "wall of celebrity photos" in the lobby and once when Janis was talked about the photos started falling off the wall. Also, the group relaying the story had a strange encounter too when talking about it. As they were talking to front desk person about her. The phone kept ringing off the hook, yet know one was on the other end when answered.

The hotel is the Highland Gardens formerly the Landmark. It's a hotel/apartment complex just a block and a half north of Manns Chinese and the Roosevelt. I stayed there once and the first thing I sensed when I entered was that many people have stayed there when they "got of the bus" in Hollywood. My friends and I rented a 1 bedroom suite/apartment for just $100 a night. I got a little creeped out in the bedroom. It had a strange vibe and smell to it. I didn't know that Janis Joplin's died there when I stayed there.

At very best this place would be an interesting place to investigate or stay if you need cheap, centrally located lodging. I think it just might be an untapped source of ghostly goings on. Think about putting that one on your list.

I wouldn't waste time with Winchester House. Personally (I've said this on another thread), I think most of the story is hype to get tourists. I loved Whaley house and would go back the next chance I got. Definitely look into Calico. I've heard the ghost tour is awesome and there is so much activity. Also, there are alot of good hauntings in and around Ventura. La Purisma Mission in Lompoc also.

In Norcal, my absolute fav has got to be USS Hornet. I've been lucky to stay twice and I just get this very good yet very active feeling about the place. It would be fun to get a group together for an overnight and stay in the birthing area near the fo's'cle (the most active part of the ship). That birthing area also has a bunk that's notorious for a ghost waking the person sleeping in it.

I hope I gave some good suggestions. Keep me posted.

Jen
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#37 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

You would be a wonderful edition if you can make it Jen! :blush:

#38 Central Valley Investigator

Central Valley Investigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Investigating for about 8 years. Worked with Loyd Auerbach, Stach Murray and few others. Was part of the USS Hornet investigative team.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

Me too!! My email is amoeba_victoria@yahoo.com :lol: Please keep me posted on plans!!
Has anyone been to the Winchester House or the Whaley House?

I've been to the Winchester, weird place :clap:
My brother in law lives near the Whaley house
and says it's a strange place too.
I have you on the list Vic :clap:
Spooks

Yay! I know some great places (a haunted ex grouphome where i lived) in northern california, when you get there contact me and i would love to join y'all...

Jody

Borderlineprincess@yahoo.com

I've got you on the list Jody :clap:

Where in Northern CA are you?
I'm in Santa Cruz myself.
Spooks aka Tracy

Ya know, I retract my vote about the Queen Mary, I'm a chicken now about going back there. I "thought" nothing happened to me there, but something did, as I left that place I felt so strange, as if my soul was sucked out of me. Even the guy I went with was asking me what was wrong with me, as I was driving home. I didn't know what was wrong, I just felt hopeless and empty. Well a few days before I joined this board, I started experiencing strange things, my desk shaking and moving, on carpeted floor, feeling sick all the time, capturing a male voice and negative energy (like white noise) on EVP, my dog barking like crazy at the exact same moments I knew I was not alone, and finally the vision of an apparition staring at me while I was in my break room at work (I work nights in LA).

So I contacted a witch and psychic who sensed this exact same negative spirit as myself before I even mentioned anything to her, she told me it was a male, who followed me home, and was also following me around because he enjoyed watching me, he was also sexual, and a trickster.

Well that was enough for me, I wanted him out, I knew I brought him home from The Queen as soon as she said that, and I asked him to leave as well as burning some white sage (per her advice), I believe he is gone now. I feel better, and havn't been experiencing anything for a few days now.

Oh ya know what also, I took pics at work (using my disposable camera I always keep with me), and I caught a couple orbs, I just developed the film today. I might post them on the board soon just to get opinions.

Soooooooooooooooooo anyways as I go on and on and on lol, my point is, I'm retracting my vote on the queen mary, that place is too haunted lol and the ghosts follow you home, so I'm staying away from there unless I know I will be blessed and protected before I try that again.

A cemetary in the daytime sounds good. :weeee:

Ok Gina, taking note: must wear protection before hanging out at the Mary.... :Spaz:

I live in Cen/Nor calif, very familiar with local to semi local haunts, when ya guys do this area let me know...oh BTW I have some pretty cool pix from the Winchester, I even have a pix of Sara Winchesters window where it looks to be Sara herself in the window, also have pixs of balls of lights and etc from a night visit.

#39 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

Me too!! My email is amoeba_victoria@yahoo.com :) Please keep me posted on plans!!
Has anyone been to the Winchester House or the Whaley House?

I've been to the Winchester, weird place :P
My brother in law lives near the Whaley house
and says it's a strange place too.
I have you on the list Vic :P
Spooks

Yay! I know some great places (a haunted ex grouphome where i lived) in northern california, when you get there contact me and i would love to join y'all...

Jody

Borderlineprincess@yahoo.com

I've got you on the list Jody :Spaz:

Where in Northern CA are you?
I'm in Santa Cruz myself.
Spooks aka Tracy

Ya know, I retract my vote about the Queen Mary, I'm a chicken now about going back there. I "thought" nothing happened to me there, but something did, as I left that place I felt so strange, as if my soul was sucked out of me. Even the guy I went with was asking me what was wrong with me, as I was driving home. I didn't know what was wrong, I just felt hopeless and empty. Well a few days before I joined this board, I started experiencing strange things, my desk shaking and moving, on carpeted floor, feeling sick all the time, capturing a male voice and negative energy (like white noise) on EVP, my dog barking like crazy at the exact same moments I knew I was not alone, and finally the vision of an apparition staring at me while I was in my break room at work (I work nights in LA).

So I contacted a witch and psychic who sensed this exact same negative spirit as myself before I even mentioned anything to her, she told me it was a male, who followed me home, and was also following me around because he enjoyed watching me, he was also sexual, and a trickster.

Well that was enough for me, I wanted him out, I knew I brought him home from The Queen as soon as she said that, and I asked him to leave as well as burning some white sage (per her advice), I believe he is gone now. I feel better, and havn't been experiencing anything for a few days now.

Oh ya know what also, I took pics at work (using my disposable camera I always keep with me), and I caught a couple orbs, I just developed the film today. I might post them on the board soon just to get opinions.

Soooooooooooooooooo anyways as I go on and on and on lol, my point is, I'm retracting my vote on the queen mary, that place is too haunted lol and the ghosts follow you home, so I'm staying away from there unless I know I will be blessed and protected before I try that again.

A cemetary in the daytime sounds good. :blush:

Ok Gina, taking note: must wear protection before hanging out at the Mary.... :Spaz:

I live in Cen/Nor calif, very familiar with local to semi local haunts, when ya guys do this area let me know...oh BTW I have some pretty cool pix from the Winchester, I even have a pix of Sara Winchesters window where it looks to be Sara herself in the window, also have pixs of balls of lights and etc from a night visit.

Very cool, I would be delighted to see them. Also I will get in touch with you when we put one together in central Cal. I'm in Aptos (right by Santa Cruz) so I'm very glad to meet you.
Spooks

#40 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

Well, when a hunt is planned for NorCal, I would deffentally be interested (if it is right time frame at the time)

I live in Yuba City, which is 45 min from Sacramento....so I am not to far in the woods lol

Let me know when you need the info, I'll give you info^_^
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#41 gina

gina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:16 AM

Hmm, heyya! so whatever happend with this :-( never went thru, havn't got anymore emails, was it cancelled spook?

#42 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hi Gina, we are on girl! end of July! I'll be driving down the 28th. I will be sending all the pertinent info in about a week as soon as I get it all nailed down! :ghost:

#43 gina

gina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:13 AM

ok thanks Spook... :: waits :: :-)

#44 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

Ok kids, sorry I've been out of touch lately, been super busy! What I want to know is if you guys would be willing to put the hunt off until mid August? If you can then there is a real good chance that I will have the use of a little bungalow in Lemon Grove for free! We could spend the night there and do our investigation from a home base.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Spooks

#45 Jody

Jody

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Art, Poetry, Film... alot of things<br /><br />anything to do with the paranormal<br /><br />

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

Ok kids, sorry I've been out of touch lately, been super busy! What I want to know is if you guys would be willing to put the hunt off until mid August? If you can then there is a real good chance that I will have the use of a little bungalow in Lemon Grove for free! We could spend the night there and do our investigation from a home base.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Spooks

thats perfect for me :)
Life is but a dream....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users