87 replies to this topic

#16 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

no new news on blood cemetery though
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#17 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

no new news on blood cemetery though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey tryed a few times to find blood cemetery . my last attempt i went to putnam to blood road. its a short road with a huge blocked off broken wooden bridge at the end. After searching for a a while i asked a few people that live on the road about it. they said there were no cemeteries there and it must be a rumor. i also checked the connecticut cemetery registery and there are no Bloods buried here.

#18 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

ive been trying for a little while on blood cemetery seems like an interesting place to visit if it actually exists.....i had talked to a couple of people saying that they knew the location but have since lost contact......still looking though.............

:drink2:

:Wall: :drink2: :angry: :drink2: :angry: :drink2:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#19 amber rose

amber rose

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:charcoal drawing, painting, gravestone rubbings, spending all my freetime in cemetaries ;)

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:03 PM

so there is no cemetary? where in putnam is it?
"like the flower she bloom'd to fade and die..."

#20 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:30 AM

i honestly dont think there is a blood cemetery in ct. i found were it was supposed to be which is Blood road in putnum. i had seen a picture of the stone street marker in a picture on line and i saw the marker on the road so i know i was in the right place.there were no cemeteries and i talked to people who live on the road and they said there wasnt a cemetery. I work in real estate so i have axcess to alot of different maps and i searched those and found nothing. i researched the blood family in the CT cemetery registery, there werent any. i spoke to someone else who said they had been there and they had meant they had been to the blood cemetry in NH. I think sometimes false posts gets put up fro whatever reasons. I mean if your from Ct i'm sure you have seen Little Peoples Village listed and the story of the witch that lived there. Alot of people go there believing this story and it's not the truth at all.
coolchick..i have spoke to you on here before under a different member name. Lala79. my computer blew up and i ended up making a new member name.

#21 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

youll have to check out the other post about blood cemetery that i wrote and someone says they have been there.....asked him for directions and well see what we can find out.....

The thing with Little Peoples village is that everyone reads the shadowlands and that is just a bunch of people writing in with what they think that they know....Little People's Village is actually where this man lived and he believed that there were all these little people living in the woods that surrounded his house and he believed that he was the king of them and thus he built himself a throne out of the rock wall and it is said that if you sit in the chair that you will get 7 years bad luck......but back to the story, the little people told him to build them houses so he built 7 little houses that were exact replicas of what a real house would be, with walkways, porches and so on......these houses were mostly made out of concrete and patio stone and othere various materials....they were amazing before people had the nerve to smash them.....now only one partial one remains.....the townspeople finally sick of this locked him in his house and barred the windows so that he would not get out.......the man out of desperation finally dug himself out through his basement and there used to be tunnels that ran under the house.....me and my brother had seen these tunnels and started down them before we could not make anything out anymore and had to turn around......he was an amazing builder though the houses were so greatly constructed, too bad he was crazy........thats the story behind little peoples village.........

#22 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

youll have to check out the other post about blood cemetery that i wrote and someone says they have been there.....asked him for directions and well see what we can find out.....

The thing with Little Peoples village is that everyone reads the shadowlands and that is just a bunch of people writing in with what they think that they know....Little People's Village is actually where this man lived and he believed that there were all these little people living in the woods that surrounded his house and he believed that he was the king of them and thus he built himself a throne out of the rock wall and it is said that if you sit in the chair that you will get 7 years bad luck......but back to the story, the little people told him to build them houses so he built 7 little houses that were exact replicas of what a real house would be, with walkways, porches and so on......these houses were mostly made out of concrete and patio stone and othere various materials....they were amazing before people had the nerve to smash them.....now only one partial one remains.....the townspeople finally sick of this locked him in his house and barred the windows so that he would not get out.......the man out of desperation finally dug himself out through his basement and there used to be tunnels that ran under the house.....me and my brother had seen these tunnels and started down them before we could not make anything out anymore and had to turn around......he was an amazing builder though the houses were so greatly constructed, too bad he was crazy........thats the story behind little peoples village.........

#23 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:25 AM

the story u tell on little peoples village is what is on alot of posts. The actual story behind it has nothing to do with voices or a crazy man or little people. when you look up the hill you see a big building. it used to be a giant house, now its a medical building or a daycare. the family that lived there was quite rich and the man was a well known achetict. he build all that for his daughter. the bigger house was her play house the little ones where doll houses. He build what looks like a little town all through out the rocks there.It is destroyed there now but 15 years ago it looked quite different. THe throne is actually a broken off chimeny.It's definitly creepy there but all i have ever found disturbing there is further back inthe woods where it turns swampy and you can see the highway people have been currently practiceing satanism or somehting to that extant.

i have also spoken to someone on this post that says they have been to blood cemetery, but they had meant blood cemetery in NH. which is a famous haunt.

#24 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:42 AM

ok so i have to admit i was wrong on what i said about little peoples village.my mother told me that when i was a kid. haha. well anyways. i started to look things up and i came across a few things...all of them saying the same...........

Secrets Revealed

It has been discovered (and confirmed by two independent sources) that this house (surprise, surprise) was not a house at all! It was actually a very popular roadside attraction along the very busy trolley line that ran from Waterbury, through Middlebury, and into Quassy Lake Resort from 1908 to 1929. The so-called house was actually a gift/souvenier shop (hence the close quarters) that showcased the Little People's Village. There was no woman who deemed herself the Queen of the Little People and, for all intents and purposes, this was simply a tourist attraction. The throne was, as surmised, not a throne but part of a fountain and floral garden (hence all the clay pipes). While we're still not sure why all the clay pipes were in place throughout the property, we have a theory. We believe that several or all of the little houses were supplied with piping so that small ponds, pools and fountains could be fed with water. If this is so, the Little People's Village would have been a splendid sight to behold! There is even an elderly person in Middlebury who vaguely remembers that an old man with a long white beard was the proprietor of this tourist attraction.

How the story of the man and his demented wife got started remains a mystery. As is true with many of the strange stories around the Constitution State, it appears that curious passers-by feel compelled to explain away the site by creating an equally strange tale. They see a small structure, they call it a house. They people it with a man and his wife. They see the space beneath the front porch and call it a "basement". They spot the little houses and they create the myth of the Queen of the Little People. Finally, the see the fountain and floral garden, badly damaged and in disrepair, and they create the "throne" story. Once you have all the information, you begin to see the truth. The truth is that the Little People Village was nothing more than a turn-of-the-century tourist trap. To paraphrase P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute!"

----- this is quoted from the creepy ct website. i dont fully like or agree with the web site but sometimes they prove resourceful.

#25 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:14 AM

you know i have to agree with you on that too but some of the information is truely helpful.......

its hard to try and get the right information from a lot of places like the shadowlands for instance, they just go on what anyone emails into them, this way that have a lot of information wrong, i am planning on going to the library soon, hopefully, last time there was just no parking and i had to go home, but hopefully once the snow isnt piled up like this i can get down there, i want to hopefull find the articles on the 2 guys that fell to their death off the west peak in meriden, it was odd though, also partly because i am still fascinated with the black dog of hanging hills, but it was odd that one fell and the other fell a week later, both friends suppossively saw the black dog. would love to see him once maybe twice, but after that i am gone............

#26 PammD1874

PammD1874

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:39 AM

If you're looking for some odd places in CT, hit NSH (Norwich State Hospital)-The mercury level is through the roof, so it would intefere quite a bit with any camera. (Distortion level). There is a place up in Litchfield Co. called Dudleytown. It's a known ghost town with alot of paranormal activity. The kicker is-state police hover the area quite a bit. It's outside a real town, and the townsfolk are not keen on anyone who has an "unfamiliar" license plate.

#27 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

no the locals are on point when it comes to someone going up to see Dudleytown, but it is a really interesting place to visit. I would love to go up there once again and get some better pictures one of these days.

I still have not been to Norwich State Hospital. Would love to go though. Actually there are a good couple of haunts that i would love to see. Now that i have more time off from work and the weather is starting to warm up i think that i'll start hunting again.

#28 CreepyCT

CreepyCT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:55 AM

PerfectDrug,

I am the Founder and Publisher of Creepy Connecticut and wanted to express my thanks to you for quoting from our website. While I'm not sure why you don't like the website, I'm glad to see that you found it useful. If you have any questions about any of our investigations, I would love to entertain you with my time. We are very proud of our accomplishments. Thanks again.

#29 CreepyCT

CreepyCT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

My Top 5 Haunted Places in Connecticut, thus far:

1. Seventh Day Baptist Cemetery (otherwise known as the Green Lady Cemetery) in Burlington:
I actually have two EVPs from this very old graveyard.

2. Gunntown Cemetery in Naugatuck: We received high fluctuations on the EMF device while here
and Cathy Johnson of Naugatuck has some very interesting photos and EVPs from this site.

3. Moses Y. Beach Elementary School in Wallingford: While not the easiest place to investigate (as
it's still a fully operating school) it is, by far, the most haunted site I have visited to date.

4. J. Timothy's Tavern in Plainville: This site doesn't have the bragging rights that the Jonathan
Pettibone Tavern has in Simsbury, but it is definitely much more active in the supernatural
department than the more famous Tavern. The upstairs portrait hall is a trip!

5. The Merritt Parkway in Fairfield County: There is a strip of the highway here where ghosts have
been seen along the road. When you reach this area, you don't need someone to point it out
to you. There's a strong, palpable feeling of dread here and the records indicate that a few
public executions took place here. Definitely worth the trip!

As for Dudleytown, this is a joke. This has been proven and re-proven a hoax so often that it is almost laughable that anyone even pays attention to it anymore. The historical aspects of the Dudleytown curse are sophomoric and the legend of the Dudley lineage is ridiculous! For a full disclosure of the Dudleytown farce, check out my website, [url=http://drazor1.tripod.com/]

There are quite a few more hoaxes and myths going around, including the Little People's Village, the Drowned Bride of Whirlwind Road, the story about the person struck by lightning at the Church of Eternal Light, and the kidnapped/murdered little girl at Hubbard Park. In addition to these, there are new stories cropping up about Gillette Castle being haunted. This is another farce. The caretakers of that historical landmark deny any ghostly activity and say that, just because it's a castle, doesn't automatically make it haunted. Castle Craig, above Hubbard Park, is a prime example. It's not haunted, never has been. It's not even a castle! It was a tiny 10-man lookout post during the 1800s, used for spotting large Indian scouting parties. The Black Dog of the Hanging Hills may have been a big story back in the 1700s, but today, you can ask 99% of Meriden residents about the Black Dog, or the Hanging Hills for that matter, and they look at you like you have two heads. I drove all over that town looking for a clue to the legend and found absolutely nothing. I had to go to an old topographical map in order to even locate the Hanging Hills and, when I did, it was almost impossible to access them due to the vast amounts of fences, houses and malls that surround them. The stories are too many to elaborate on, but the amounts of hoaxes and myths are astounding.

And don't even get me started on the Shadowlands website! Talk about inaccuracies and myths!

#30 Persia

Persia

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

I'm in CT as well. One of my favorite places to go is now st. mary's cemetery. i have to scan the picture but there's a glass incasing in the middle with a weeping woman and 4 surrounding statues with closed eyes. i got a statue with one eye open and there was some serious mist going on around one of the large crucifixes in there.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users