• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#16 mizzleismyname

mizzleismyname

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

we actually just had a disscussion about the bermuda triangle in my last class and a lot of people dont believe that it is real and some people got really angry about it. actually our discussion was more like a debate on whether it is real or not. real won of course. it was great. i just kinda sat back and listened to the people getting all angry. it was quite funny
if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with nonsense.

#17 Niwan

Niwan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal, Computers, Cars, Bowling, Sports

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

I think when the conditions are right something does open up in the triangle. I don't think we will be able to explain it until there is another monumental turn in physics.

I remember a long time ago seeing a program on TV that showed video of a boat out at sea in the triangle. They encountered something completely unexplainable. They had to stop their boat because there was a fence right in front of them. There was a straight line across the entire radar where the fence was located. I think this was on, “In Search Of” but can't remember. Anyone else remember this?

The Oregon Vortex while not creating disappearances is a good place to check out.

#18 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

They have scientific evidence now, that links these disappearnaces with a perfectly strange, but simply explained geographical phenomenon. The answer to all your questions are quite simple: METHANE. Researchers have discovered that, methane gas is constantly released from the ocean floor. At times, there will be violent eruptions of gas, which create this giant mathane bubble. If a ship is within a ceratin area of a bubble, it will sink. According to scientists, the bubble surging up beneath the boat, will cause it to lose its boyunce, which keeps a ship aflota (you know this). When a bubble of gas hits the boat (they did this with scale models on the discovery channel) the water displacement values of the ship are changed, casuing the boat to sink immediately.
The aircraft happenings are related to the smae phenomenon. When these gas bubble go into the air, and an airplane goes through it, two things happen. The lesser of the two eveils would be the engine literally chokes, starved of oxygen, which help run the engine. They second, is well, u guessed it, the methane combusting in the engine, and BOOM! bye bye plane.
As to the time loss...im not sure, but I theorize that there is some sort of elctromagentic field of some sort in the triangle. IM not sure, and this has absolutely nothing with what i am learning in chemistry, but wouldnt it be very interesting if these violent releases of gas, cause the methane molecules to rub against the oxygen molecules, creating a charge of some sort?
Im also a pilot in training, and one of the things we look out for is electrical charges coming from the body of the aircraft rubbing against the molecules of air and water moisture. This causes a static charge, which must be released by these small wires at the wingtips. If not discharged, it causes the entire navigational system, if electrical to crash and pretty much spazz out. The thing with the ATBMS (if thats what they are called) is that the yhad the NEWEST EQUIPMENT, electrical. Smaller and less advanced aircraft use a vaccum from the engine, so the electrical navigational systems and elctrical clocks in a modernized aircraft could malfunction becasue of this.

Hope my theories and those of some scientists shed some light on this mystery.
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#19 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

Thats what i was saying before was about the underwater methane pockets......that could explain for a llot of things and i would imagaim if you were to drive a boat through methane gas that had already came throught the surface i betcha that could account for the loss of time.......methane probably does wonders for the brain......!!!!!!!!

You know.......

But the thing that i dont get is why it does not happen anywheres else if this is some kind of unnatural force? you would think that this would take place in another ocean as well but there is nothing as well documented as "the bermuda trianlge" or even as often as it used too i guess.....
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

The Bermuda triangle is frequently crossed by many ships...other areas are not

#21 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:38 PM

I bet you that the singled out shiping accident in some random point in the ocean could be cause by this same phenomenon...those routes are much less travelled though, and since precise timing is required, we dont hear about it at all, because it doesnt happen often

#22 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:31 AM

in past years most ships actually used to steer from the bermuda triangle as for being a heavly populated shipping area i dont think it really has been except for more recent years.....they were saying that they think that the ocean floor where the bermuda triangle sits has a high methane content which could be the cause for it......they had showed another ship that had went down in a matter of seconds that they though was a cause of methane gas.....i hope that they air the show again....i would love to watch it again.......

still skeptical on it though.....i know that it would cost a lot of money but they should try to investigate as much of the ocean floor as they can and that would probably help out a lot of the mysteries......

:bluebounce:

:bluebounce:

:greenbounce: :purplebounce: :bluebounce: :brownbounce: :brownbounce: :greenbounce: :headbang: :purplebounce:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

With today's technology, they have unmanned submersibles, as well as sensors that can detect many different chemicals. You would think that they would be able to support or detract from the methane theory by placing a series of buoys in the triangle with sensors on them.

I also have heard the methane theory, which makes sense to me as far as the ships go and the bubbles breaking the surface tension and making the ship sink, but I'm not so sure about the aircraft theory. By the time the methane cloud reaches that altitude, you would think that it would be quite dispersed, and diluted with atmosphere, and that the resulting explosion would be huge, lighting up the sky, and the resulting fireball being visible to satellites.
Posted Image

#24 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:53 AM

Correction: the airplanes dont blow up, but the engines get choked. If an airplane were to fly through it, this is my own theory, two ting s could happen.

1. Engine blows out
2. The wings would not be able to gain any more lift, caused by the wings losing the flow of dense atmosphere over the wings. The methane could theoretically cause this

#25 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:54 AM

Planes dont go down over the triangle anymore, due to the extreme heights at which they fly, but back in the 50's, pilots flew really low.

#26 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

Good pickup Ghost hunter......the planes used to fly very close to the water and the amount of methane that they believe to be in the Bermuda Triangle would probably take down all 5....i dont know if anyone got to catch the show but when they introduced the methane to the plane engine you could see the engine cut out right away and that with flying so close to the ocean they would never have a chance to try and restart the engine, but also it makes their gauges go nuts....they think that they are actually flying in opposite directions and would end up crashing into the ground or the water whatever the chase may be......that could account for all the 5 other planes going down in the same place at different dates......very cool stuff to see.......as for flight 19, they might have just ran out of fuel.....we know that they were very low and probably lost as it may seem, they think that the lead pilot was actually suffering from some sort of flight dimensia i guess you could call it.......not able to make good decisions.......until they find those 5 planes....i dont think that they will ever know what happened to them.....and until they find most of the ships that disappeared.....i dont think that anyone will ever find out what really happens to them in the bermuda triangle

#27 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:06 AM

Thats what i was saying before was about the underwater methane pockets......that could explain for a llot of things and i would imagaim if you were to drive a boat through methane gas that had already came throught the surface i betcha that could account for the loss of time.......methane probably does wonders for the brain......!!!!!!!!

You know.......

But the thing that i dont get is why it does not happen anywheres else if this is some kind of unnatural force?  you would think that this would take place in another ocean as well but there is nothing as well documented as "the bermuda trianlge"  or even as often as it used too i guess.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh Jeez!, that methane talk is c--p! Has anyone EVER observed a methane bubble? If a ship or plane was disabled by methane would their instruments malfunction?

There have been multiple reports of the dead straight cloud banks, and electromagnetic instrument disruptions. Methane, I don't think so.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#28 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:34 PM

I have been contacted by the Discovery channel several times over the last six months, and asked questions or to appear as an "expert" on one of their shows. I declined because these shows develop from an idea someone gives them at the network that sounds scientific.

They go through the motions of being unbiased, but the real truth is, they are presenting a viewpoint, not an unbiased overview.

Disappearances and other strange phenomena appear with profusion at certain, regularly distributed sites upon the surface of the planet. At present, the most disturbed place on the planet seems to be in the area between Tasmania and New Zealand.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#29 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

Another thing that struck me odd about the methane is that methane is a bi product of volcanic activity. You would think that with all of the low flying aircraft around WWII and with all of the modern day shipping that comes out of Pearl Harbour, that there would be similar incidents around Hawaii, since it is very active volcanically both on the surface and under the water.

And there may be, I haven't looked into it yet.
Posted Image

#30 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

i have some information about in flight medical conditions that i have learned in my training. WEhen i find the info in my text books ill post it...its extremnely interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users