Spirit Walker?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

Been told I was a spirit walker & would like to know the definition of it. When I was told this it wasn't in lamens terms so to speak. So if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. TY.
simman

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

This is the first time I am hearing that term, so I am interested to know more too!

But did you, simman, try asking the people who told you, that you were one?
Posted Image

#3 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Yes I have asked them, but the answer wasn't given to me in lamens terms. I would like to know about it in words I know & understand.
simman

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

Fine, would you be interested to share with us, whatever they told you, to get an idea?!
Posted Image

#5 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Ok, I know there was something about seeing fog & something being in it and talking to them & something about rare thing. Other then that I have the slightest clue.
simman

#6 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure, but I think that this may have ties to Native American beliefs. I think it basically means someone who can easily get in touch with spiritual (paranormal?) realms. But, I'm not sure.

:)

Amanda

#7 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'm with Viv on this; only references I am finding for Spirit Walker is a fictional book, which it looks as if the author was attempting some Native American myth/legend. Hard to say, though!

Do you recall the nationality of the people who referred to you as this? That tidbit could come in handy in unravelling this mystery!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#8 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

As you did, the research I found only came up to a book & as for the person telling me this , I do not know their nationality. Guess i'll keep looking for more info.
simman

#9 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:27 AM

have never heard of this term either, I can pretty much easily get in touch with spirit, but have never been referred to as that :)

#10 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

Been told I was a spirit walker & would like to know the definition of it. When I was told this it wasn't in lamens terms so to speak. So if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. TY.

Here is my understanding. I may not be totally correct, however it is my belief. In some circles it is believed that your spirit may take leave of your body while you sleep. This is seperate from your dreams since your dreams take place within your subconscious mind...inside your brain.

While in this state, your spirit may meet with other spirits which have taken temporary leave of their bodies. With practice, you can bring yourself to a point where you can be conscious of what events take place regarding your spirit during these journeys.

You may want to read up on such things as astral projection, dream walking, remote viewing, etc.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#11 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Im with MH, from the moment I read this topic, I new what it was but I couldnt bring it to the front of my mind to type it down on here :P. I knew it was something to do with Native Americans, that the shamens or the members of the tribe who could transfer there spirits to travel around while they are asleep or in a trance.

Like Rayz Ive only ever heard of it from fictional games or books, maybe your friends have been playing too much World Of Warcraft lol. :) only kidding there may actually be a native american myth/ legend or folklaw.

This is purely fictional from a game, this is like the nearest thing I could get to an explanation.

The Spirit Walkers are possibly the most bizarre members of the tribe. On the eve of the battle, they drink a potion prepared by the shamans, made from cocktail of venom and saps from jungle fauna and flora. They work themselves into a trance. While their physical bodies are safe in the village, they send their spirits to fight with the tribe.

Edited by leonie, 12 July 2007 - 07:57 AM.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

Here is my understanding. I may not be totally correct, however it is my belief. In some circles it is believed that your spirit may take leave of your body while you sleep. This is seperate from your dreams since your dreams take place within your subconscious mind...inside your brain.

While in this state, your spirit may meet with other spirits which have taken temporary leave of their bodies. With practice, you can bring yourself to a point where you can be conscious of what events take place regarding your spirit during these journeys.

You may want to read up on such things as astral projection, dream walking, remote viewing, etc.

See, Mystic, I took the title "spirit walker" and tried research on it, but looking at it like you did, this sounds a lot like OBE, or Out of Body Experience for those who don't know. If this is to be considered an actual Native title, then this may have been their interpretation of this supernatural event. I don't discount spirit walker as factual, because I remembere in college once being asked by a professor who knew I had a thing for the "unusual" to do a research paper on the "ghost shirt". While initially I was skeptical, digging through many references revealed that certain tribes did believe that by preforming a particular ritual, they could harness the power of the spirits and it would cover them like a shirt and protect them from the bullets of the "white devils".

That being said, my nature to research things obscure is pushing to look deeper in to this. Of course, as Leonie said and this does turn out to be a W of W reference, that will just suck!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#13 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

I knew it was something to do with Native Americans, that the shamens or the members of the tribe who could transfer there spirits to travel around while they are asleep or in a trance.

This is purely fictional from a game, this is like the nearest thing I could get to an explanation.

The Spirit Walkers are possibly the most bizarre members of the tribe. On the eve of the battle, they drink a potion prepared by the shamans, made from cocktail of venom and saps from jungle fauna and flora. They work themselves into a trance. While their physical bodies are safe in the village, they send their spirits to fight with the tribe.

Actually, there is some fact to that. While there are some types of journeys which take place during sleep, spirit walking...IIRC...is a state which is intentionally and consciously brought upon oneself from a wakeful state. Liken it to conscious and willful astral projection. Many things are possible in this state to include time travel. The spiritual world does not comprehend linear time nor does it comprehend physical distance.

Some things which one must keep in mind are that with some amount of practice and discipline one may attain this state usually through meditation. Be warned that it is not something to be taken lightly. One must approach this with responsibility. It can go very wrong very quickly. The spiritual state is a powerful state. There can be serious consequences which go along with it. One must remember that some of the spirits one meets while on that journey are other people like oneself. If one persues this path one must persue it with dignity and compassion not only for self but for others as well.

If one chooses to persue this path one must learn that the spiritual world has a much different mindset than the physical world. Thought materialization is a powerful tool and like any other tool it may be used constructively or destructively. One must also remember the difference between the spiritual world and one's reality in the physical world. Similar to remote viewing, it is quite easy to get lost within the spiritual world and choose to not return to the physical. It is also quite easy for one to develop what's called the "God complex".

I'm sure I'm probably rambling since I should be asleep right now.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#14 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

All I know is that I have seen spirits as if they were real live people in fronnt of me. I talked to a person about it & that is one of the things they told me. Sounds like it is what ya guys/gals say. As for the way Isee & hear them sometimes I think that is something on another level & I myself am learning to use it as it should be used. If anyone knows the specific term for the way I see & hear this these spirits could ya please help out, been trying to gain ground on this, but not alot of help in the matter. Let me know if ya would. TY.
simman

#15 Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:way too many to list but just to name a few... i am a mother and wife as well as an artist and crafts woman of many mediums, singer/song writer/learning guitar hobby musician, writer, poet, tool-belt-diva and so much more. As for spiritually, i am a free-spirit with no set religion but i do lean more towards native american and buddhist teachings. I am clairvoyant and i see or dream things often before they happen... i am also a "spirit walker" as i have been communicating with spirits since i was a kid and have had out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, shape-shift dreaming etc. You can read my blogs for more info on some of my experiences. Like i said, just too much stuff to list here, i will update this with more detail later or maybe just post a more detailed "about me" blog :)

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

i too am a spirit walker :weeee: i know somewhat about what it means, to me anyways... see, ever since i was a kid i have had spirit visitors. well as an adult, when i was around the age of 19 i had one visitor in particular who came to me as a teacher. He was an old indian man (a spirit), he never told me his name but he always called me "spirit walker". For the longest time i just thought that it might have been my "name" in a past life with this man as he seemed very close and familiar to me. but over the years i grew more and more to believe that it was more than a name and was actually a "title". So now, almost 10 years after i first heard this term from him, i am searching to see if there is some historical meaning to it more than just what i feel it means. i just googled "what does spirit walker mean" and it brought me here to your post, which i am glad for as this looks like a great forum here.

so anyways, in all my rambling here, what i am trying to say is that if you get more info i would be very grateful if you could let me know what you find. and as far as i know, or in my guessing as to my own life experiences.... a spirit walker is one who can "walk" with the spirits, wether it be out of body walking with them or awake and speaking to them or "walking" with them. one who knows and interacts with spirits somehow.

i am just curious who told you that you are a spirit walker ?

Edited by Spirit Walker, 24 May 2008 - 04:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users