• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DemonHunter2

DemonHunter2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Well I am have been a paranormal investigator for 3 years now and have experienced many things as well as getting some great evps. What I mean about these Shadow People is that there are two circumstances, one where ghosts cannot manifest enough energy to make a full-bodied apparition and the other is the one I have a question about. I have noticed a lot recently that there are these things that do not seem simply human they give off a different more errie vibe and unlike being the ghosts manifesting as shadows which are more transparent these beings are more solid as a whole, looking almost like they are human cloaked shadowy figures to where you can even see the eyes sometimes which as well look humanlike but are more glossy. I mean it is just a theory I have not been able to prove it and doubt I can but it is just and opinion but me and several of my investigators have witnessed this shadow being phenomena whether they are a different type of interdimensional being or whatever they are I have just noticed that recently there have been a lot of experiences with a variety of people ranging from skeptics to believers. Any thoughts of the phenomena or personal experiences are welcome to be posted. Thank you for your time and I'd appreciate it if people would not fight over others ideas on this matter whether they agree or disagree everyone is entitled to their opinion.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I have a long history with a particular shadow person. For the first few years he manifested himself as a shadow in the shape of a man. I could see the outline of his body and clothes he was wearing. Of note, I could discern his eyes despite him being a shadow.

As he became more familiar to me, I could see more and more details, until the point of him looking almost human, but with a dark aura about him - almost like he was a black hole sucking all surrounding light.

Throughout this transition, he seemed solid, and not a projection that was out of phase.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 DemonHunter2

DemonHunter2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have a long history with a particular shadow person. For the first few years he manifested himself as a shadow in the shape of a man. I could see the outline of his body and clothes he was wearing. Of note, I could discern his eyes despite him being a shadow.

As he became more familiar to me, I could see more and more details, until the point of him looking almost human, but with a dark aura about him - almost like he was a black hole sucking all surrounding light.

Throughout this transition, he seemed solid, and not a projection that was out of phase.

That is very intriguing, ya see I have had several experiences alone with these different types of shadow beings, one of my friends who is an investigator on my team has had five experiences and one was together after we played with a Ouija Board which I will never do again. The Ouija Board experienced we debunked a lot of it until that point, see we began noticing that we might not be intentionally moving the planchette and that subconsciously if one of us were premeditating and answer that that answer would appear. But then we asked "can we see you?" it said "yes" we replied "where" it said "basement" then we said "one of us or just both" it said "one" so my friend who owned the house went to the basement for a bit came back up and said he didn't see anything. Then it went to "turn all the lights out" so he went downstairs and to my knowledge he turned all the lights out I couldn't see because I was on another floor he came back up and said "you didn't turn all the lights out" he was shocked and told me that he left one light on downstairs and then the planchette went to "look" three times in a very oddily fast motion when it was barely scampering on all night long. Then we both had this instinct to look behind us and in his living room there was this tall shadowy solid figure. Our instinct was to run outside on the front porch haha

#4 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

The title, "Two Types of Shadow People," caught my eye because I believe there are more than just two types...and some are shadow forms while others are more like mists. Also, some entities first appear as shadows or mists and then slowly become more solid-looking.

I've seen various forms of shadow figures. In Casemate 11 at Fort Mifflin, I witnessed a shadow figure that was very short or perhaps, squatting or crawling rapidly along the floor. Much later, at Hockomock Swamp in the Bridgewater Triangle, I felt a presence, turned around to see what it was, and had a large dark mass shoot right through me. Long before both of those experiences, I was investigating the "Old Gaol" in Barnstable, MA., and saw a small green mist floating about - I honestly thought it was my eyes; perhaps from camera flash, however, after a time and knowing no one used a flash, the mist was still there. In fact, one of the other investigators held her hand out to it and it wrapped around her hand while she waved it around in a circle (something I wouldn't recommend, but she was brave enough to do - not me!).

Maybe it really depends on how the entity or energy manifests itself or even how each individual person perceives it. Nobody really knows...but that's what makes it so interesting! :Spaz:
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

#5 DemonHunter2

DemonHunter2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

The title, "Two Types of Shadow People," caught my eye because I believe there are more than just two types...and some are shadow forms while others are more like mists. Also, some entities first appear as shadows or mists and then slowly become more solid-looking.

I've seen various forms of shadow figures. In Casemate 11 at Fort Mifflin, I witnessed a shadow figure that was very short or perhaps, squatting or crawling rapidly along the floor. Much later, at Hockomock Swamp in the Bridgewater Triangle, I felt a presence, turned around to see what it was, and had a large dark mass shoot right through me. Long before both of those experiences, I was investigating the "Old Gaol" in Barnstable, MA., and saw a small green mist floating about - I honestly thought it was my eyes; perhaps from camera flash, however, after a time and knowing no one used a flash, the mist was still there. In fact, one of the other investigators held her hand out to it and it wrapped around her hand while she waved it around in a circle (something I wouldn't recommend, but she was brave enough to do - not me!).

Maybe it really depends on how the entity or energy manifests itself or even how each individual person perceives it. Nobody really knows...but that's what makes it so interesting! :Spaz:

Yes I do believe there are more then one type of shadows due to how much energy they manifest, I guess the title really doesn't fit so well ha-ha. But I have investigated many places and seen ghosts try and manifest themselves as shadows I've seen various types as you've stated. It's just that recently it has been brought to my attention that there have been these solid shadow people that are more of free roaming instead of tied to a significant place or thing. It was rather startling when me and my friend witnessed one, I had only heard about seeing things like this. It was different from any apparitions I have seen such a full body and shadows. See last weekend we were driving back from my friends concert and on a street I have driven down a billion times in my home town. I was taking him home and at the stop sign my radio went all static which I felt was odd because it has never done that unless we were around mountains or something. But on this road it is just flat with some houses. Well as I start going past the stop sign we hear a high pitch scream and my radio kicks back on, we wrote it off as someone being outside screaming close by or something. So I took him home and dropped him off, as I was driving away he text me several times in a row and said that there was someone in my backseat. I didn't believe him at first just because we always mess with each other. But then I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a hunched over shadow hooded and cloaked and all I could see were the eyes. They were just glossy almost looked like glass the way the light penetrated them. My first thought was that it was a person because at the concert we were parked in a shady part of town and I did forget to lock my doors. So on instinct I sped my car up to my closest friends house who was right around the corner at the time, got out and was about to run to his door. As I got out of the car I looked in the backseat and saw no one was back there. I opened my front door to turn on the light and there was nothing but this chilling laugh which I though was rather theatrical. I was so scared I started tearing up, it was so solid, the eyes, and everything I thought there was a man in my car. The thing that stumps me is that I had driven down that road a thousand times and have heard no hauntings of it. My car has no stories to where it is haunted or anyone dying in it so I have no idea why this entity or interdimensional being chose to get in my car at this time. But thank you for your insight and stories,

#6 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I see shadow people all the time when out hunting. Yes they are very strange, and not really what we would call ghosts. They are very playfull and intellegent. They like to play games, just show up at the edge of you sight, lean out from a tree, then run away into the darkness. We chased one about a half mile down a trail once till it got tired and went away. I tell everyone they are other worldly beings, which makes people go huh? That's the best way I can explain them, they are not the spirits of the departed and come and go out of our plane of existance at will.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

My husband sees them almost every day at work.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#8 MIKEINNV

MIKEINNV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving & Golf

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

From what I have observed shadows seem to take on different shapes and forms, from human like to blob, and appear in different densities. The same with apparitions, appearing trsparnet as well as solid. I simply think its like looking a a negitive piece of film, and energy dependant, determins how fully it can form, from a black blob to a full form solid apparition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users