Rules and Respect, Nasty PMs, Profanity
Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:20 PM
1) Do not post offensive material. This includes anything that is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This material should not be posted on any board or in your avatar or signature.
2) Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
solicitations are not allowed on any board.
3) Posting of copyrighted material is not allowed unless you own the copyright, have permission from the person that does, or give the person proper credit. Basically, don’t take credit for someone else’s work. If you would like to quote something or use an article on the site, make sure that you post a link to where the original work is and give the proper credit.
4) When adding to a post, make sure it contributes to the topic.
5) Respect other members. Just because you can not see the person with whom you are conversing, does not give you free rein to call them names or post insulting comments.
6) Respect material posted by other members. Do not copy material posted by other members, including pictures, to other websites unless you have that members permission. Ghostvillage.com retains a copyright on the compilation of all pages in the 'ghostvillage.com' domain. Villagers retain full rights to their individual works and contributions, whether stated or not.
It is the job of the board moderators to determine what material they feel is inappropriate or offensive. If the material is found to be that, the moderator may remove it. This will be done on a case by case basis.
If you, as a member, have a problem, you may contact the board moderators or the town square manager. You may also utilize the "report" function located in each post. Click on this button and a complaint will be sent to the moderator and the town square manager.
These guidelines are here to promote the harmonious community that has been built here at Ghostvillage. Violating a guideline may result in a warning and/or other action.
Or do things worth the writing.
Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:13 PM
It has come to my attention recently from several different people that some members of GV have received nasty PM's or emails.
If you ever receive a nasty PM or email on your GV account, please let me know immediately.
Should you ever encounter any problem with GV, please contact a moderator, town council member, or myself. There is a report button on every post and you can use that if you have a problem with a post. Or you can PM or email someone on the moderating team.
But for nasty PM's specifically, please let me know.
Everyone is welcome at GV.....and no one should ever be made to feel that they are not welcome....regardless of your opinions and thoughts.
Take heed... if you are the recipient of one of these messages, please inform mrsspookypants immediately, with as many details as possible, including the name of the offending person.
Note: If you are the instigator, you will be dealt with accordingly.
If you want respect, be respectful.
Edited by Justa, 16 July 2006 - 10:13 PM.
Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:48 AM
Ghostvillage is a family oriented forum, open to all ages. As such, it is our responsibility to ensure that the boards remain "PG" rated. The forum has a profanity filter which will pick up most cases of profanity and replace it with "BADWORD".
The rules about your posts and the usage of profanity are as follows.
1. Typing the word in full, in which case the filters will pick it up and replace it with "BADWORD".
Example: I saw a ghost last night and it scared the BADWORD out of me.
2. Replacing the whole word with symbols
Example: I saw a ghost last night and it scared the #$%& out of me.
If you in any way try to bypass the profanity filter, the moderator of that board will edit your post, and replace the word in question with one of the examples above, or a more appropriate word.
Replacing one or two letters of the word in order to bypass the filter, thus leaving the original word legible and understandable.
Example: I saw a ghost last night and it scared the cr*p out of me. (No, crap is not profanity, but it demonstrates my point).
NOTE: Just to keep things fairly simple, leave all letters out of the word. For example, do not use *&$P as your word and think it's ok. The whole logic is to make the word completely undistinguishable, and leave it to the imagination of the reader. They can insert, crap, or heck.
If you attempt this, you will receive a warning. If you continue to do this, further action will be taken which may include, but is not limited to, placing you on Mod Preview, or suspension of your posting privileges.
Your posts are a reflection of your personality.
Edited by Justa, 03 August 2006 - 12:43 PM.
Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:46 AM
Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users