Tragic Stories

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:37 AM

I was wondering if it takes a tragedy in life to become a ghost? I have heard the stories about how someone killed their family and then killed him or herself and now the family and murderer are bound to walk the earth forever. But what about people whom just die? Are they forced into heaven or hell without the choice of staying?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:06 AM

Not really, here in India we have stories (well real ones that is) where presence is held onto the ancesteral houses of prominent people of that times.
Posted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:07 PM

To tell you the truth, Sammy, I have not a clue.

I'm speculating here, Bud, but I think a lot of it has to do with state of mind and belief systems, lets say the murderer in question had been raised in a strict, religious-centered environment, taught to believe murderers or suicides wander the earth when they die? See what I'm saying? The person knows he's/she's going to wander eternity or worse...so why risk a worse judgement by going into the Light.

That is of course an extreme case, for many spirits it may be just wishing to stay in the place they invested a lot of time and energy into, a place they loved, or to remain near
the people they loved in life
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:01 PM

I have had several paranormal experiences one was a visit from a person who had been murdered and another was a person who had died very old and from natural causes but he had lived in the house I was living in a long time ago.

#5 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:13 PM

I often wonder about this too. I wonder how you "become" a ghost. I was raised to believe that when you die, it's Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. In Heaven you'd be in complete happiness, so you wouldn't be wondering the Earth. Hell...is just plain BAD, so I don't think wondering the Earth would be a bad enough "punishment." And I'm not sure about Purgatory...since it's kind of in between Heaven and Hell...so I don't know! And they say a ghost hasn't crossed over yet. Well how do they get stuck there? Unfinished business? I guess we'll never really know...and that's what I LOVE about ghosts!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:02 AM

Hi, Ione, If I may ask, did you know the murder victim in life?

Hi, GHG. A LOT of that is religious beliefs as well, Hun, Eastern Orthodoxy teaches that suicides wander this sort of Outer Darkness*whether this is the world uncrossed spirits wander or not, I have not a clue*Heck, we can argue this til
we're old...based on definitions and the beliefs of the given individual.

Let me toss an idea at you all, if Heaven's being in the Presence of the Divine, is Hell simply the absence of that Presence...or is Hell never knowing one way or the other, where you are, how long you're there for/been there for or if there's a way out
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:35 PM

I knew the victim very well but the other apparition I had met once when he was alive but he had lived in the house that I was in for may years .

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:48 AM

Thanks, Ione, maybe he just popped in to see if you had made any changes in the decor or how you were getting along.
Was it just that one time after you moved in?

I am sorry about your friend, Luv

#9 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:45 PM

He would show up every now and then .My sister saw him and a friend saw him standing on the verandah one day and thought he was my father visiting. I think he was very attached to the house and would just check on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users