• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:22 AM

Hi, several years ago I had a small group of friends (just 3 girls including me) and one of those friends died while we were in college.  I went home for the funeral service and the night after the service at about 1am I woke up and I had the strongest sensation that the friend who had died was standing at the end of my bed.  I laid as still as I could but could not look at the end of my bed (although I did glance at the clock next to me).   After a couple of moments I got up the guts to talk and said, "Leslie, I appreciate you coming to say goodbye to me, but you're scaring me really badly.  Could you please leave?"  And the sensation suddenly disappeared.  I glanced at the end of my bed and saw nothing and promptly went back to sleep.

Then next day I had lunch with the other friend and we were reminiscing about the good old days when suddenly she said, "Did Leslie visit you last night?"  I was shocked, but said yes.  She then described the same exact experience I had had, only hers was around 1.30am.  We both think our friend came to say good-bye to us.

This friend also visits me in dreams and sometimes takes me on trips.  The weird part is this, whenever she takes me on a trip I soon move to the place where she took me.  If I do not dream about a trip with her and I move the move does not last very long (the longest was two years) and I end up moving back to the place I had lived prior to the move.

Ericka

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

Hi Ericka,
Sounds like the three of you must have been pretty close. I have had similar experiences with the same type of fear, or whatever you want to call it. It is not a time that you want to jump up and grab a camera or anything like that. Sounds like your friend is watching out for you. My question is did she seem to watch out for you or try to take care of you when she was living?

Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:38 PM

Actually, I think I watched out for her more.  Maybe it's a way of paying me back?  She had attempted suicide frequently for almost 8 years before she died (cardiac arrest, not suicide) and I tried to be there for her every single time.  We were very close.  I remember screaming when my Mom called me to tell me she had died and at the time I was not an emotional person.

Anyhow--I now look forward to my dreams with her in them.  At first I was scared to go with her because I thought that meant I would die too, but she's always been good luck for me.

Ericka

#4 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

Erika,

It definitely sounds as if your friend may looking after you.  Maybe she's trying to return the kindness you showed her in life?  

Has she ever tried communicating with you, other than showing you places to live?  

#5 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:40 PM

I've had other dreams where we're just hanging out together and are really happy.  I don't know if they're messages or just dreams.

Ericka

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:54 PM

Well Ericka, that is very interesting. And actually is the response that I expected to hear. I agree that she is now able to help you and is taking advantage of it and doing what she can. As far as the dreams of hanging out, probably just good dreams, who knows. Thing is you seem to have experienced something that most people haven't and thats great. Next time she helps you move see if she will help carry some of those boxes for you.  :)

Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#7 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 08:43 PM

I had the same experience of the ghost of my dead friend standing in the corner of my room . I was really scared and I told him to go away but now I always feel guilty for saying that because he was a really good friend and he must have wanted to see me for some reason and now I will never know.

#8 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:20 PM

Wow. Someone I knew in college died in March, three months before graduation. His heart failed at the ripe old age of 23.

However, he loved the college and the people there and he died on campus. If there's anyplace his spirit should reside, it should be there.

#9 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 01:11 AM

I've never had a close friend die so I can't say I share the experience but she sounds like the kind of friend ANYONE would want! :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users