Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Have you ever seen shadow people?

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: shadow people - do they exist and what are they? (220 member(s) have cast votes)

Do shadow people really exist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How do you explain the shadow people phenomenon?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

Perhaps a good house cleaning (spirit) claiming the space for you and your family would be in order.

God bless, J

#62 axel

axel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Location:middle of nowhere where you can never predict the weather

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

i beleive in em i have one following me =]
kinda creepy actually....
Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell! -Spartan King Leonidas==========================================We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.=========================================if the gods wont let us build a ladder to the heavens then we shall dig a hole and dance on hades doorstep

#63 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:08 AM

Now, what I wanted to know is: who else had similar experiences and are there any rational explanations? Do you believe that shadow people really exist?

I've seen something I called shadow people. It was probably around 10 years ago at a house I was living in back in Georgia. I saw about a dozen of these creatures. They were approximately 8 to 10 feet tall and cylindrical. They didn't have any shape. They paced back and forth across the front edge of the lawn alongside the road. They didn't seem fearsome to me at all. In fact, they gave a feeling of being protective.

They may not be shadow people by others' definition, but that's what I've always called them.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#64 Reddawg

Reddawg

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy classic car restoration, Gardening, Learning more about being a sensitive, telling stories that captivate interest.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:58 AM

only two and only for a split second. First was on the roof of my '58 Plymouth and the second was in the trunk.
Posted Image
my rides can be seen at http://www.putfile.com/reddawg "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, barbecue pork steak in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

#65 libberty89

libberty89

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:i love to skatebored

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:45 AM

i saw this dog shaped shadow once or twice but my friend he can see it relly well i waz wondering if anyone could help me out and figer out what to do
DarkHero

#66 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

I feel the term needs to be clarified or reexamined. I don't feel it's another kind of spirit or ghost persay, but as KRC noted last year in this thread, just another way certain spirits present themselves for whatever reason. I don't think there is a special "breed" of spirit or creature known as a shadow people.

A lot of times I think the blackness is more of a "visual" emotional state that quite often gets misintpreted as evil. I could blab for hours but.... I'll let someone else put you to sleep lol!

:clap:

#67 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

I see quite a few moving about in my salon , or small like animale shadows on the floor.
I'm not scared , i'm just happy to see them . :weeee:

SPL :(
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#68 Ditz

Ditz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

The first place I moved into had a shadow person.....I was sitting in the dark watching the TV on the phone to my friend when this tall solid shadow walked from behind my cupboard and towards the middle of my room then disappeared. About 5 other people saw it too. Found out the building used to be an old peoples home. I'm sure I saw something in the basement, I know I heard something down there but I'll have to clarify seeing something with my old house mate.

#69 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

:blush:

My hubby told me that he saw shadow people when he was a kid. He saw a tall one and a small wicked one and both had yellow glowing eyes. At first I thought it was probably a bad dream, but since it happened to him over several years and there seem to be many people who actually saw similar things, I'm starting to think that maybe there's something more to it.
My hubby wrote his whole story down and here's the link to it, if anybody would be interested:

shadow people - a personal experience

Now, what I wanted to know is: who else had similar experiences and are there any rational explanations? Do you believe that shadow people really exist?

This is intriguing and interesting thanks for posting it , i do not know , never even heard of this before.
I had to look this up to find out information about it, i have seen a person or something once peripherally but it was not a shadow.

I think maybe they exist though as i said i never saw one ; Insofar as rational explanations , well yes there appear to be theories on this as i just found out varying from electromagnetic fields interfering with the functions of the temporal lobe to pareidolia in which areas of vision is linked to the areas of the brain that recognizes patterns .

Personally i would like to believe it has to do with other worlds , dimensions or aliens or ghost but i do not know this.

I do believe the phenomena occurs and people are generally truthful about what they think and believe about what they saw but as with most things i am very slow to make any conclusion other than i think such things do exist ; my inclination is to believe it has to do with other dimensions or time overlapping into ours but who knows?

:)SeekX

#70 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

I've seen something I called shadow people. It was probably around 10 years ago at a house I was living in back in Georgia. I saw about a dozen of these creatures. They were approximately 8 to 10 feet tall and cylindrical. They didn't have any shape. They paced back and forth across the front edge of the lawn alongside the road. They didn't seem fearsome to me at all. In fact, they gave a feeling of being protective.

They may not be shadow people by others' definition, but that's what I've always called them.

-------------------------------------------------------

Cylindrical and at the front edge of the lawn alongside the road.
Very interesting .

:)SeekX

#71 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

8ft tall and Cylindrical certainly is a unique way I've heard them described.

#72 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

yeah, i have seen a couple of these shadow people when i was a kid. but none had yellow eyes. all were just a shawody figure. one of which i saw in motion and the rest were just standing still just starring at me.

all looked like normal people from what i could see. not 8ft tall. just human shadowy figures appearing at night.

havn't seen anything out of the ordinary lately but one night, i woke up after struggling to breathe and was also paralyzed from head to toe. basically felt like i couldn't move or say a word, and when i was 'released', i opened my eyes and saw a shadowy head floating away from my stomach and then dissappeared it went thru the ceiling. i remember it clearly as it was also laughing as it floated away. i couldn't hear it laughing, but from what i could barely see since it was dark, the floating head was laughing.

#73 2mcgrath

2mcgrath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

i have also seen them.alot at work.the ones i see are human shaped about 5 or 6 feet tall

#74 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

They call them "shades" here, and my wife and I encountered a few on a particular night after a Halloween party at our house. Apparently, they were there to pass on a message that a particular party favor located in the attic, pictured below, was unwelcomed in the house and they took interesting meausres to ensure we removed it...........quickly! It was in a very old house that is supposedly haunted anyway (at least according to local legend). The crowded around my wife after we had gone to bed and scared the *%&$# out of her when she woke suddenly! Now that's a party!!

Posted Image
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#75 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

Thee only tme that I have ever seen shadow people is on Doctor who. But I do believe they are just the sprits of the dead and like everything else in the world some can be malicious and some can be kind.

And Im not suprised they wanted that removing Rayz

Edited by leonie, 29 June 2007 - 05:33 PM.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users