• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

First of all, people are sick and tired of the current world order and how it functions. They need a change, but rather than resorting to doom saying belief's why can't people get their acts together to make the necessary changes to make the world a better place - RIGHT NOW, TODAY!

But that would mean taking responsibility! If they can make the ancient Mayan prediction mesh with the current world situation, then they are just in it for the ride instead of the cause of this dire mess.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#62 xvrene

xvrene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

I do not think 2012 will be the end of days, but then again I do not know. I remeber reading in the Bible that no man will know the year, the day, or hour of when the end will come. There will only be signs of the end times. That is probably why I do not believe that 2012 is going to be the end times. But hey thats is my own personal opinion. I am not trying to offend no one here and hope I have not by posting my own beliefs.

#63 welsh_girl

welsh_girl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

personaly i really freaked out about it! i dont want it to come

#64 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

First of all, people are sick and tired of the current world order and how it functions. They need a change, but rather than resorting to doom saying belief's why can't people get their acts together to make the necessary changes to make the world a better place - RIGHT NOW, TODAY!

Unfortunately the wars are between groups with different ideas of how the world order should be. Each group feels that it is justified and correct. There is no 'final answer' out there, despite what each group says, and sometimes the outcome is determined by the strongest and/or most clever group.

As the modern societies are sucking up as much natural resources, particularly oil, as possible, it is feasible that the most productive sources will dry up, and the ones left will give out only a small percentage of what people were used to. There seems to be plenty of coal left, but it's very dirty and can't fit into a gas tank.

Can you imagine your life without petroleum products? Imagine life without plastics, petroleum-based synthetic fabrics and cosmetics, and the millions of other products we take for granted. That sort of thing itself would shake 99% of the world to its very roots.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#65 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Same here! That means there will be no more cans of Bud to suck down and I will have to investigate myself :explode: . Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#66 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

Like what has already been said. There is a change coming.

2012 may not be the end of the world, far from it. However it may be the start of the end of our world as we currently see it.

I've thought about it, about what may happen. Ended up having a "clear as day" vivid dream about what will happen, and what will happen to me.

Bad things will happen, call it rapture, ragnarok, whatever. Good will come out of it, though some will die, some will live.

I look forward to it, the thought of what may happen has given me the opportunity to learn the things I've wanted to learn, blacksmithing, gun smithing, sword fighting, farming, hunting, growing herbs etc.

So I look forward to whats coming, if it happens, it happens, if not, well my life is better for it either way.
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#67 kilel- da ghosty hunta

kilel- da ghosty hunta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:too much to list, im afraid

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:57 AM

Same here! That means there will be no more cans of Bud to suck down and I will have to investigate myself :P . Dave

heheheheheheheheheheh
Posted ImagePosted ImageMissouri Paranormal Society remote junoir member (my location, NY)

#68 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#69 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

This is something I find very interesting... personaly i link it in with my wierd view on sometime in the past we were visited by beings from another solar system... eg "sirius mystery"

And that all the info and knowledge that we have aqumilated over the years has been given to our ancestors by beings from another planet. And that because we are coming into a new time they will visit us again.

Another is that its just an astrological thing and were going into another phase of life which is nothing to concern us, just many changes for the better.

Oviously you have your silly scaremongering God is gonna kill us all approach. I watched a program the other night, the people on there said that God will comedown from the sky, pull a sword from his mouth and masacer all non believers. Just a few days before all his followers will dissapear into thin air to join god in the sky..

Personally i think there been many apocalyptic days before.. and just because he Mayan calender ends (they couldnt be bothered writing anymore... I mean comeone guys we have like yearly planners...) there is nothing to worry about... we should enjoy every day as if it were our last regardless...

I have a similar belief to the God thing. Though I'm not sure it will happen in 2012. But those people got it wrong. He will take the believers to heaven, then the non believers will go through a series of tests that are indeed catastrophies. It will last seven years. It is meant to give non believers a second chance, so they can go to heaven.

#70 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

Due to my own life's "end as i know it" i have no belief in the end of the world senerios. I have been alive long enough to know plenty of the end of the world predictions! I love reading about people's predictions, especially the one's that we as a society today claim to be predictions. We have no idea really what they we trying to say. They may not even have been trying to "speak" to us. I mean think about it are we as a society trying to leave behind a message for our future humans? I don't believe so...i could be wrong maybe somebody has already. Hopefully they will let our future race know how bad reality t.v. is or that peanutbutter and chocolate make the perfect foods!!! :weeee:
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#71 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

I think that people assume that an ending is a bad thing. When the Death card pops up in a tarot reading, people freak out. However, an ending is also a beginning, and endings don't have to be awful or unpleasant. Whatever 2012 brings, it may just be a major event that changes peoples' lives, but doesn't necessarily mean that the planet will shake apart into bits of space dust.

I get premonitions of bad things that will happen to me, but I also ponder the premonition to find out the gravity, instead of rushing out to buy a cemetary plot or a bomb shelter.

Human beings are resourceful and innovative. We manage to scrape through the worst events and move on. If you fear something bad is coming, meditate on what it might be and ask your spirit guides how much it will affect you and how you can either prevent it or prepare for it.

The people who kill themselves in anticipation of the end of the world, in my opinion, are quitters. The end of the world may only mean the end of the world as they know it. Perhaps the world will be a better place.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#72 DigiTac

DigiTac

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:42 AM

I personally have several Theories on this subject but will keep those to myself. I'm more worried about March 26th 2009, November 22nd 2010, February 7th 2012 and June 4th 2017.

#73 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

I personally have several Theories on this subject but will keep those to myself. I'm more worried about March 26th 2009, November 22nd 2010, February 7th 2012 and June 4th 2017.

Why is it so? What is so fatal about those dates?
Posted Image

#74 DigiTac

DigiTac

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Why is it so? What is so fatal about those dates?

Well March 26th 2009 represents a change in my life on some deep level.

November 22nd 2010 will bring about a shocking revelation for man kind.

February 7th 2012 Will act as a moment of "enlightenment" And I will come full circle in my path.

June 4th 2017 Marks a day of true destruction.

First off, I am not a true believer in Paranormal activity as I believe only what I can explain through means of logic and science. However since a very young age I have experienced a vast number of unbelievable occurrences which to this day I cannot fully explain. One such event or "ability" you might call it is having a dream of something then it coming true months or years later.

These dates were on calendars in certain structures I was in while dreaming. I usually experience lucid dreaming when asleep but I have had the same recurring dream about 25 nights in a row. It's not like the dreams I'm used to, I cannot alter or change the characters,events etc It starts and ends the same way each time BUT! The path to the outcome is different based on what I dreamed the night before.

Anyway a long,long, and boring story cut short - These dates somehow combine to the last date of June 4th 2017.

I guess you might say it's a series of dreams which continue as each night I sleep. The reason why I am confident of these dates is because ever since the age of 5 my dreams have come true. There currently exists about 18 Journals I've kept on each and every dream ever experienced since keeping record. Only been wrong 7 times out of hundreds.

There's definitely a storm brewing just wish I knew to what extent.

#75 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

there is an excellent video on youtube about this that discusses the fact that man kind is becoming smarter than they have ever been before.
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users