Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Have you ever seen shadow people?

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: shadow people - do they exist and what are they? (220 member(s) have cast votes)

Do shadow people really exist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How do you explain the shadow people phenomenon?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Moregan

Moregan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:51 AM

My hubby told me that he saw shadow people when he was a kid. He saw a tall one and a small wicked one and both had yellow glowing eyes. At first I thought it was probably a bad dream, but since it happened to him over several years and there seem to be many people who actually saw similar things, I'm starting to think that maybe there's something more to it.
My hubby wrote his whole story down and here's the link to it, if anybody would be interested:

shadow people - a personal experience

Now, what I wanted to know is: who else had similar experiences and are there any rational explanations? Do you believe that shadow people really exist?

header-object.png

#2 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

I don't know. Anything is possible.

#3 elaphe

elaphe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

ive seen one in my room once :Spaz:

#4 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:17 PM

to moregans hubby, very glad i dont see these things. heard a lot about them and they do seem to be lingering about with a reason for doing so. im inclined to think they are from another dimension and are just nosing around, possibly choosing someone (hubby)as a case study to learn from and thats why people like your hubby see them often?! dunno though could be very wrong there. but anyway so gald i dont get these shadows. i get enough of normal spooky stuff without them as well. has your hubby ever spoken to them?

#5 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

i get enough of normal spooky stuff without them as well. has your hubby ever spoken to them?

So I take it there's normal spooky stuff and abnormal? Sorry. I'm in a strange mood right now and that struck me as funny.

I think your explanation of them being from another dimension makes most sense to me.

#6 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:30 PM

I do believe in shadow people because I have experienced one myself. She didn't have glowing eyes, or seem evil or threatening in any way. I think she is a spirit and that is just how she manifests herself. She is a little girl with a pony tail. I saw her one night in my room when I was a kid and she turned off the closet light for me, just as I was about to get out of bed and do it myself. I know what I saw and I was scared and hid under my covers. Recently, my sister saw her in her bedroom. She actually heard a giggle and when she turned in that direction, she saw the shadow girl standing near her bed. These two experiences happened about 11 or 12 years apart.
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#7 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

So crystal it begs the question of if you've done research and know who she is since she's clearly still lingering if both you and your sister have experienced her with such a gap in time.

#8 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

I am thinking about going to the local library to see if I can get any info. There has been a spike in paranormal activity at home recently, and I am curious to find out why. I've emailed a few research groups in my area to come investigate, but, still have no answer :Spaz:

#9 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

I've emailed a few research groups in my area to come investigate, but, still have no answer :Spaz:

No offence, hon, but I see you live in Los Angeles and I'm willing to bet that the local ghost hunting community are a bunch of snobs and will only investigate something that has potential to bring them fame. But hey, a visit to the library never killed anyone. At least not yet anyway...

My recommendation is to do the research on your own and then come discuss it here. I think you'll get a far better response from the knowledgable individuals here.

#10 agr8maestra

agr8maestra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

I've emailed a few research groups in my area to come investigate, but, still have no answer :Spaz:

No offence, hon, but I see you live in Los Angeles and I'm willing to bet that the local ghost hunting community are a bunch of snobs and will only investigate something that has potential to bring them fame. But hey, a visit to the library never killed anyone. At least not yet anyway...

My recommendation is to do the research on your own and then come discuss it here. I think you'll get a far better response from the knowledgable individuals here.

I've seen a shadow person as recent as yesterday! Must admit it freaked me out. I also felt a really weird sence that the shadow brushed up against me as it passed, and then felt very warm! Anyone ever hear of that before? I thought when there are spirits around there is usually a drop in temperature?

#11 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

I've emailed a few research groups in my area to come investigate, but, still have no answer :(

One of the groups I looked into sounded reasonable. I've read that they work with Barry Taff on occasion. But I can't imagine they'd be THAT busy to reply to my email! Haha

#12 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:57 PM

I've seen a shadow person as recent as yesterday! Must admit it freaked me out. I also felt a really weird sence that the shadow brushed up against me as it passed, and then felt very warm! Anyone ever hear of that before? I thought when there are spirits around there is usually a drop in temperature?

Which would lead me to believe that some are spirits and some might be from a different dimension.

#13 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:18 PM

Ahh, shadow people. My favorite paranormal entities. I am completely convinced they exist. Iíve seen at least two different ones. One is my resident spirit (who visits every so often) and my uncle has also showed to me once as a shadow person (the only time I am sure it was him that I saw). That is why I believe that shadow people are the spirits of the deceased, at least in some cases.

They donít scare me one bit, although, I can certainly see why some would be frightened of them. Itís those misty white or real-life-looking ghosts that have the ability to scare me silly. When I see my resident ghost flitting about I actually feel quite safe.

Thereís a lot about them here on GV if youíd like to do a search for them. Lots of information, stories and thoughts about shadow people to be found.

:(

Viv

#14 Moregan

Moregan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:02 AM

First of all, thanks for all the information.

to moregans hubby, very glad i dont see these things. heard a lot about them and they do seem to be lingering about with a reason for doing so. im inclined to think they are from another dimension and are just nosing around, possibly choosing someone (hubby)as a case study to learn from and thats why people like your hubby see them often?! dunno though could be very wrong there. but anyway so gald i dont get these shadows. i get enough of normal spooky stuff without them as well. has your hubby ever spoken to them?

To Twinklestar: no, my hubby has never spoken to them. I'm not even sure if they were able to speak.

To crystalb: Good luck in finding a decent research group. Please keep us updated on the outcomings.

To Vivienne_DuBois: Thanks, I will do some more research on the topic. It's a very intriguing subject.

header-object.png

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,091 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:25 AM

#1. I believe they do exist, because so many people saw them.

#2. They are aliens or visitors from other dimensions.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users