72 replies to this topic

#1 Bearman

Bearman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 08:40 PM

Hello All.
As many of you may know, there is a magazine that comes out frequently in New Jersey called Weird New Jersey. †It is a forum where people can write about local legends and weird happenings, and others can go to check these things out. †I was thinking about what a great idea this is, and how I would love to compile some stories and data about weird happenings and phenomenon in Washington (State) and the Northwest. †I think I would start it out as a website, but then, who knows. †Anyways, I am looking primarily for stories, and secondly for people who would be interested in helping. †Also, if anyone would be interested in forming a ghost watching society to try and possibly verify some of these stories. †So, tell me your stories and legends! I already know the basic ones (i.e. Maltby Cemetary, the Haunting of the Seattle Underground), but any info would be more than appreciated! †Thanks everyone!

#2 Four_A_I

Four_A_I

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2001 - 11:16 PM

Theres Western State hospital, Maltby cemetery, and Novillty hill cemetery in duvall are all haunted

#3 the_hulk

the_hulk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 09:15 PM

i would be more than happy to investagate these sightings. i can head a group of ghoust hunters to specific sights around the seattle area. let me know if you still need help.
                          Scot

#4 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 21 December 2001 - 05:12 PM

Im on my way with my cameras and compass
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#5 SeattleJon

SeattleJon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2001 - 09:00 PM

Greetings,

Maltby Cemetery is full of spiritual activity (haunted). My friend Greg and I visit haunted places often to see if there is any validity to the stories we hear. Well, the Maltby Cemetery was one place that we just had to visit!

Originally, we heard that it was haunted from various locals that we had interviewed, but nobody was coming forth to tell us where it is located; every time we would ask for the location, people would either get scared or very angry. Finally, we were told to contact an elderly man living near Maltby who had been a caretaker at the cemetery in the 1950's. Using various resources, we located the gentleman and interviewed him (we will call him Mr. XXXX to protect his identity and privacy). Mr. XXXX told us that the cemetery was originally purchased by an undisclosed family who wanted to protect their unorthodox beliefs. He had a very bad experience while working there (which he would not discuss with us) and left work in 1956. He told us that he would not accompany us on a trip to the cemetery, but he did give us a detailed map showing the location.

Greg and I located the old woodsy path to the cemetery off of Paradise Lk. Rd. and proceeded to walk on it in a Southbound direction. This was around 3:00 p.m. last June. About 10 minutes in, we were contacted by a gentleman on the trail who had a I.D. card on his suit and an earphone in his ear. He told us that we were trespassing on preservation authority protected land. He then advised us that our vehicle license number had been recorded and we were to exit immediately. We complied without hesitation (this guy meant business). After walking several feet away, we heard him say something like, "Zulu 45 control. Clear perimeter zone 9 Alfa." into his radio.

We quickly walked back to our car that was parked on the side of the road and left the area. Later on in July, we acquired an aerial map of the area and found out that we could access the cemetery from the south, where there is a housing development, or from the East through what appeared to be a heavily wooded area. One early evening, we drove to the housing development and located, what we thought might be, an access road. Around 20 feet in we could see a dark car backed in. We decided not to enter that way and to go through the woods. We located the area of woods on the side of Paradise Lk. Rd. and walked in. It must have taken us around 45 minutes of up hill walking before we literally stumbled across the Maltby cemetery.

It was dusk, and nobody was around. With subdued lighting, we saw 3 different levels of land. Each one had around 12 tombstones that varied in age (a few looked fairly new). After being there for 20 minutes or so, Greg and I had a strange cold sensation - like cool air was coming from the earth. This was odd since it was around 70 degrees out.  We decided to try and make contact with the board (we brought one for this very reason). We sat down and started to concentrate on the area.

After 5 minutes of work, it spelt out (slowly)," Heee is here,  bad go bad go go." It then spelt out some unrecognizable words." At that moment, we heard a whispering sound coming from a house that was around 300 yards from the edge of the cemetery. We walked up two levels and saw an elderly man between the edge of the cemetery and the house (around 150 yards away). He was wearing a black cape with hood (like a monks outfit) and had a white beard. He wore a hub cap sized pentagram around his neck and carried a staff that had a white section that faintly glowed near the top. We could hear him say (whisper), "You must leave us alone and not return... Not return! Not return! And not return again! Again again!" We were terrified to the point where we could not say a word or move. This apparition was whispering to us but no sound was coming from his lips; his words were in our head. His voice was clearer than if he had spoken 3 feet away away from us. He started then to hover slowly in our direction.

We got up and ran (and fell) all the way down the hill to Paradise Lk. Rd. An overgrown hill that took us 45 minutes to climb near dusk commanded a mere 5 to 8 minutes to descend in darkness. We were terrified!  When we arrived back at our vehicle, we were greeted by a man who was wearing an ID card like the one earlier mentioned. He had parked his unmarked car behind ours and was waiting for us. He told us that he was an agent with the Preservation Authority and asked us if we were at the cemetery? We told him yes. He then asked us if we had seen anything? We told him what had happened. He told us that we did not see anything and advised us that we had less than a minute to get in our car and leave. We did and never returned.

• Guests

Posted 04 January 2002 - 02:17 AM

Hi All;

So what kind of experience would you bring on the hunt?
Have any of you seen a ghost?

I too live in Washington. Just north of Marysville. I might very well be interested in sharing with you a ghost or two.

If you possess a relentless curiosity, a bit of discernment, you donít talk to orbs, and are serious (but not uptight) about the search for knowledge.

Before you commit you might want to look at a few pics!!!
http://pages.ivillag.../kittyskitchen/

Dare to be Naive;

la
kitty

Oh ya.....and can you sing?

#7 upr-founder

upr-founder

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 10:32 PM

i dontr know cause it seems as though theres more falsities than anything at maltby. im a ltle skeptical ill have to expericence it to believe it ::)

#8 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 08:52 AM

Kitty? Have we spoke before? I didn't realize you were north of me a few miles, LOL, I've seen some of your work via ghost study...small world, eh?

• Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 01:51 PM

Dear MizzMo;

Is the organization your associated with "The Washington State Ghost Society" new? As I don't think we've exchanged thoughts however I'm eager to begin!

I desperately seek physical (in person) collaboration with others that have knowledge/experience or physic abilities regarding the paranormal. And I feel your experience in photography may prove to be instrumental in the research and interpretations of my many photos and videos. My currant studies include portals.  

If this sounds of interest to you please contact me.

http://pages.ivillag.../kittyskitchen/

La
kitty

#10 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 04:14 PM

The groups been around for a bit, I'm one of their newer members. We've experienced winter slow down, and have yet to complete our website.
Its funny you mention the psychic abilities aspect to ghost hunting. We have 4 medium/sensitives, in our group currently, and I'm learning to retune in my awareness. I am currently understanding channelling as we've had to channel several ghosts painful presence onward into the light. In my opinion, having mediums in any type of ghost hunting group, is vital in the aspect of being aware of all the energies present, as vital as having a camera, video and audio, and the scientific gagdets.
I work with Henry777 at Ghost Study, and recieve much of my spiritual guidance at Shaman Sapience. These sites as well as our WSGS message board can be gone to by simply typing the name in the *find* section thru ezboard.com.
I however do have much to learn in my awareness, so I may not be of any help to you at this point, but our other medium/sensitives are in the general area, ones in Snohomish. I'm in Monroe.

• Guests

Posted 02 April 2002 - 09:05 AM

Kity i just checked out your site and wanted to recommend some methods of compression for that video that you talk about in the desert tray...I'd like to be able to see that footage.

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2002 - 09:29 AM

Have been to Maltby Cemetary several times - grew up nearby. Went when I was a kid 15 years ago and then last summer wanted to go back for fun. It was short lived. A similar experience to the one mentioned no guys guarding but was confronted by a man who informed me it was private land. (He snuck up on us too). There recent graves dug...[shadow=red,left,300]TEXT[/shadow]. I saw a woman with long black hair behind him, pale skin and ruby red lips about in her 40's. She did not speak and upon leaving my friend said [glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow] when I mentioned her. I then I felt very nervous. I had watched her walk from the house and garden area across the lawn and past the first row of graves that are terraced and down to the next level of graves up behind the man we were confronted by.

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2002 - 09:31 AM

Have been to Maltby Cemetary several times - grew up nearby. Went when I was a kid 15 years ago and then last summer wanted to go back for fun. It was short lived. A similar experience to the one mentioned no guys guarding but was confronted by a man who informed me it was private land. (He snuck up on us too). There recent graves dug.. Very heavy air. I saw a woman with long black hair behind him, pale skin and ruby red lips about in her 40's. She did not speak and upon leaving my friend said he did not see her when I mentioned her. I then I felt very nervous. I had watched her walk from the house and garden area across the lawn and past the first row of graves that are terraced and down to the next level of graves up behind the man we were confronted by.

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:45 PM

Hello my name is ricardo and I am currently filming a documentary about the Maltby Cementary. In my attempt to film in Maltby I have had trouble with people wanting to talk about what has gone on in the cemetary. I've tried to talk to the caretaker but he does not want us to film the cemetary or even talk on camera. I saw the story that Seatle John posted and would like to know if there are any other individuals who have atempted to venture out to the cemetary. If at all possbile I would like Seattle John to contact me and let me know how he heard about the cemetary and how he came about meeting Mr. XXXX

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2002 - 10:00 PM

hey guys i am only 16 and know everything on maltby cemetary i am about less than 10 minutes away from it, but i know soo many stories and people that have been there and seen the weirdest things you will ever hear about i'll tell a lot of stories next time i post, i can go to maltby anytime i want cuz its so close its kind of cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users