• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 literarybear

literarybear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hey, since I've just recently gotten into Spiritography, and gotten a small group together, I was wondering if people knew of some hauntings in the state of Massachusetts? Also, what is considered to be the most haunted place in the Northeast?  I would love to check these places out.  Thanks everyone!

#2 armadilloswill

armadilloswill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:52 PM

If you come to Salem you may want to check out the Charter St. Cemetery, (behind the Pirate Museum on Derby St.). The Witch Memorial is also located there.
There is also an old cemetary next to the old Essex County Jail on Bridge St. We have gotten some good photo's at both.
Chuck C. Salem Ma

#3 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

Hi literarybear, welcome to the village. here are a few sites that you may be interested in.

http://www.my-find.n...l?s=22317&e=548

http://listingsus.co...na/complete.asp

http://clik.to/lowellhaunted
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#4 armadilloswill

armadilloswill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:52 PM

You can also check out

www.masscrossroads.com
Chuck C. Salem Ma

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:36 PM

Hey, Literary Bear

Nathaniel Hall in Boston has quite a rep

I'd also look at the historically significant locations, Lexington Green, Bunker Hill ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Location:x0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:29 PM

Hey Literarybear, where in MA do you live?

I'm in the western part of the state and in Woster theirs the Spider Gates Cemetary. You are only able to explore it upon request and only during daylight hours. It's said to be one of the most haunted places in MA. Another great spot is Deerfield Village, it's a small town, dtaing back to the 1600's. I'm in Hadley, another 1600's town and if you over come through here, stop off at the Huntington House, their's loads of perinormal activity in there.
Theirs also a tunnel in the Berkishires, I'm not quite sure what it's name is, but while it was being built, 200 workers died from an explosion, you might want to check that out.

#7 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:59 AM

I was just in Salem and Plymouth, MA earlier this week. We got some good pictures in Salem at the Old Prison and Howard St. Cemetery which is next to each other. We got a few other pictures in Salem when we went on the ghost tour. We went to Gallows Hill also where the witches were hung. Its a park but the woods are behind it. We got a few pictures but the energy there was very bad and we just got out of there. Plymouth, we got some good pictures also on North Street in the historic district.

#8 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Location:x0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

I'm not positive but I believe Sturbridge village in MA would have some good hauntings. It's been around since a little after Plymouth and is a nice place to visit.

#9 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:17 PM

I see Charter Street Cemetary "Old Buring Point" was already listed lol. Check the spiritography section I posted a pic from that cemetary. But typically anything in Historic Salem is worth taking a look at. I was only there once, and will probably be there again this fall and had quite a share of sensitivity.
I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight.

#10 RON3002

RON3002

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:18 AM

HUDAK  I believe the tunnel you were refering to is the Hoosac Tunnel,it runs 4.82 miles under the berkshire mountain range.It is rummored to be haunted,but if anyone decides to go there be careful,as it is still used by trains today.
RON

#11 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:ghosts demons anything paranormal

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

I believe that the Hoosic tunnel also has water in places, and, live electric wires hanging here and there.

#12 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

Yea, the Hoosac tunnel was what I was talkin about. It is indeed still used by trains that run through it daily. The first half mile is where the most hauntings occur however. If anyone is planning on going there you should find a train schedual first.

#13 RON3002

RON3002

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:10 PM

Get a train schedule,or we may end up trying to communicate with you/lol
RON

#14 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:51 AM

The Old Buring Point Cemetery is definatly a good photo place, as is the Howard Street. I've got some very good pictures in both. The stones are very interesting to see during the day if your into that also. There is also the Broad Street Cememtry. I have to say of all the cememteries I've been in at night, and although I've only been doing photo's in them at night for a less than a year, I've always loved bieng in them, day or night, ever since I was a kid, was the Howard Steet. It was a totally overwhelming experiance. I have never had a problem going into a cemetery up to that night. I want to go back real soon to see if I get the same feelings. The photo's from that place are awsome though. If you get the chance, do it!
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#15 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:37 PM

dodi whats the most haunted place in MA in your opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users