Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What is the world's most haunted location?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 07:14 AM

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this. What famous or infamous locations stand out to you as being the most haunted and why?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Stella

Stella

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 07:30 AM

"Most haunted" in my opinion could really mean a couple of things... Most # of sightings, most # of different ghosts, most popular, most heard about?

I would also think that the places with the most history and/or most terrible happenings would be most haunted.  IE: Gettysburg, Hollywood (i know that one sounds strange lol) Tower of London, Arlington Cemetary, Salem

Just a few that *I* would LOVEEEEEE to check out!

#3 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:03 AM

Don't forget the Myrttles plantation, the Winchester House, and (I can't remember the exact name) the hotel in San Francisco.  Whispers may be able to help me out with the name though. ;)
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Sc077y

Sc077y

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:07 PM

amnetyville, suddenly sprins to mind.

i mean, where else can you get a swarm of flies with a bad attitude  ;)

#5 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:07 AM

If we are going to mention not-so-famous places as well, there is "supposedly" a cemetary somewhere here in KY that for all intents and purposes might as well be the gates of hell.  Complete with dogs that resemble the description of hell-hounds, the cemetary dissappearing, things trying to get in the car, scratches appearing on the side of the car and windshield/glass.
BUT, I've only read about the place, never once have I heard anything else about it.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#6 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 08:20 AM

im going to say Amityville was probably the most famous of all time
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:26 PM

I think that my vote for "most haunted" would have to be Alcatraz.  From what I have seen of ghost hunts there is seems to be very active and somewhat violent at times too. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:18 AM

You know, from all the "haunted this and Haunted that" I had never heard any stories from Alcatraz.  I always figured that if a place were haunted that that would be the place.  Do you have any links or anything to some of the accounts?  I would be interested in reading them.

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:24 AM

I haven't really looked for any links.  I remember watching a show about it on either TLC or SciFi and they had actual film from ghost hunters and went along with them on their hunt.  They were in the bowles of the prison when (using night shots) they were able to see literally hundreds of orbs down a long walkway.  It was during this time that the camcorder got knocked out of one guys hand and then he got hit and pushed himself and they ended up running out of there.  There are also several cell blocks that are haunted as well as their solitary block.....I will see if I can find some links though! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:27 AM

Sounds great to me KRC.  And thanks.  Even though I will never be able to get there, at least I can read about it. LOL

#11 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:47 AM

I read about you guys wanting to read about Alcatraz, so I looked up some links for you all!!!  Happy reading!   ;)

http://www.ghosttrac...m/alcatraz.html

http://theshadowland...us/alcatraz.htm

http://www.hauntedlo...om/alcatraz.htm
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#12 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:27 PM

i'll have to check out that info on haunted alcatraz... i'm not sure that there were too many recorded deaths there during its prison days, however... and maybe only a couple of deaths there during indian occupation in the 1970s.  

does anyone know about it's pre-penitentiary history?
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:28 AM

my mind, your mind! it is all in there, so MIND is the most scariest place! TRUE

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#14 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the links psychic.  I appreciate them.

#15 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:46 AM

I'd have to go with the masses and agree with Alcatraz...also Gettysburg, LaLaurie House (New Orleans)and St. Louis Cemetery... Tower of London,the prison and execution site would be my second main pick from Alcatraz because of the violent history
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users